Public Transport fares will be increasing from 3rd July 2011

Adult Peak $4.70 / Interpeak $2.90

Concession $2.40 / Interpeak $1.30

School Child $2.30 / Interpeak $1.30

2 Section $2.80 / Interpeak $2.00

Adult Day $8.80

Concession Day $4.40

Child Day $4.40

Multitrip Tickets have also increased in price, however valid multitrips and pre-sold tickets showing the old price can still be used until all trips on the ticket have expired.

The system only checks the TYPE of ticket and not the price.

Currant Seniors Free Travel arrangements remain unchanged.

Also for parents remember that on weekends and all holidays you can take 2 kids for free with a Day Trip ticket.

I have never known a country that puts fares up as often as this place does! Seems like they do it every few months - no wonder the cost of living is rising.

Guest Guest5035
    I have never known a country that puts fares up as often as this place does! Seems like they do it every few months - no wonder the cost of living is rising.

They have to look after there drivers Diane:biglaugh:

stevo

Guest cornish Busdriver

The fares go up in the 1st week of july each year and on average buy only 10cents so it aint that bad.

All the money that is taken on buses, trains, trams and ticket outlets all go straight to the goverment and not to the companys that run the services.

Companys are paid to run the services for 8 years at a time just like transfield has under cut everyone else to run the north south corridor bus routes for $568 million for the next 8 years.

Thats 12% less than any other comapny could afford to do it so expect lots of changes on the North South bus routes from the 2nd October.

Guest Guest5035
    Thats 12% less than any other comapny could afford to do it so expect lots of changes on the North South bus routes from the 2nd October.

so we can expect more buses then...........................yere right............or can you guys expect packages soon???:huh:

stevo

I'm sure the (student) multitrips go up more than once a year - doesn't seem that long ago they were $9.30...then $9.70....then $10.00...now $10.30.

I'm sure the (student) multitrips go up more than once a year - doesn't seem that long ago they were $9.30...then $9.70....then $10.00...now $10.30.

As far as I'm aware, they only ever go up in July, when all other government taxes, fees, etc. go up.

It only seems like it's not that long ago - sign of getting older, LOL. Until I started writing it down, I always argued with the Pura Tap people that it was much less than a year since I had my last one installed. It just seems like the years go so quickly now! From the weekend, this year is half over!

Guest cornish Busdriver
    so we can expect more buses then...........................yere right............or can you guys expect packages soon???:huh:

stevo

So far 20 more new scania's and more on the way.

Packages lol lol lol drivers are just hoping they still got jobs after the depots change hands.

Also the new ticketing system comes in at the end of the year.

So far 20 more new scania's and more on the way.

Packages lol lol lol drivers are just hoping they still got jobs after the depots change hands.

Also the new ticketing system comes in at the end of the year.

What is the new ticketing system? Don't recall hearing anything about it.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Yeah a new ticket system, thats why the validators keeps rejecting so many tickets at the moment or going wrong.

There is gonna be new charge cards as well to save passengers carrying cash and will cut down on fare evaders as well plus end the confusion of the green tickets before 0901am and after 3pm.

It supose to make it easier for drivers and passengers.

Guest cornish Busdriver
    Now we just need a nice monthly pass that we can swipe like the Oyster card. Someday....

Guess what your getting with the new ticket system :jiggy:

Trouble with swipe passes is they tend to deduct a cash amount rather than just a trip so no more stocking up just before ticket hikes.