ACS Skills Assessment - how long?

Guest MarK Jowett

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joseph1801

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what happens when your request for review of ANZSCO code is actually received and being processed - does it show up on your original ACS case reference number or are you assigned a new one? I keep looking at my 'Case Finalised' hoping to see it go to case re-opened! Cheers

Guest joseph1801

this stuff does tend to consume your entire life.

I'm sure I'm going to miss out on a bonus at work this year becasue I spend half my day looking at realestate.com.au and dreaming of that house on the esplanade

..........and the other half on this forum!

Guest MarK Jowett

Yeah, it's similar to the original one - in fact you get the same email which is confusing as it asks for all your documents again!!! I've confirmed they don't need them though. You can then check your application the same way. Mine has taken a week from arriving at ACS to getting to my CO - i assume it's because it had to go via the payment processing people.

Interestingly - the password to check the application is the same as my last one - wonder if we all have the same password :)

Guest joseph1801

Although royal mail tell you its 5 working days, I think some peoples have been taking up to 10 - so hopefully you should hear in the next day or two.

It's bloody frustrating tho....

Guest MarK Jowett

I had my initial correspondence back after 10 days to say they had received the application. It still took a week after that to get to my CO!

Oh - forgot to say - well done on the IELTS Zeb :)

Guest MarK Jowett

Send them an email, to the general enquiries email address - won't get picked up till monday - but at least you'll know for sure.

I have seen posts from people who's royal mail deliveries go missing - guess i've been lucky with that so far. Apparently there are couriers who you can get for £20-30 - think i'll use on for my SS if it's still available and if i'm successful with my re-assessment.

Guest paultozer

Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks as I'm in pretty much the same situation as you. When I started my ACS application my chosen occupation was high (I didn't chose System Administrator because it already was on medium). The week before I got my positive assessment it went from high, to medium, to low and the day before I got my results it went completely.

I have applied to be re-assessed and am now waiting. I also have my IELTS booked for the 3rd December which is a real worry considering that if I don't get the grades I need then it could be a couple of months wait for a resit.

Best of luck to everyone

Hi paulotzer,

Welcome to the group! A lot of us have been in the same boat, as you've seen. It's a stressful journey, that's for sure, but it ain't over yet and we all keep on trying! In fact, I came across a nice quote the other day:

"In the end, everything will be fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

Hopefully we will all be successful with our "second" occupations. What was your first and what are you applying as now? We're applying in my husband's name and he was originally a Software Engineer but has now miraculously changed to become an Analyst Programmer! We got our reassessment from ACS within 2 weeks, and are now waiting to hear from SA after having our docs received on 27th October.

Good luck with it all anyway, IELTS included. Definitely worth practising to become familiar with the test format. We bought this book and I couldn't recommend it more:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IELTS-Trainer-Practice-Answers-Authored/dp/052112820X/ref=sr_1_31?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321045547&sr=1-31

Guest paultozer

I used Interparcel.com as I wanted the document to arrive as fast as possible. The service I had from my first dispatch was brilliant so I used them again to courier the document. The first time I despatched the documents on the Friday and had confirmation on the Monday that they had arrived.

The second time took a little longer (4 days) but was tracked at every point along the way. They use DHL as the carrier. The logistics of it all are amazing. It costs £24.60, which in the grand scheme of things isn't really that bad.

Hope your documents turn up, but if they don't I would definitely recommend couriering them. You will need to use proper address and not the PO box, but details are on the ACS site.

Thanks for the info - going to send it again via interparcel....beyond annoyed actually, in fact, this is the first point of thought I just cannot be bothered with it anymore - 3 weeks lost for nothing. Considering the 60 day time limit for a review - you should be able to submit it online.

Guest joseph1801

thanks for the info Paul.

Just booked to re-send my review docs via DHL. I did have a nervous twitch in my hand when giving my originals to the post office.

Sods law will no doubt kick in and I will get an email the day after resending, but hey ho

good luck all