ACS Skills Assessment - how long?

Guest MarK Jowett

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheMacs

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply just an update on my situation, i was not allowed to continue with my Network Admin application in the end. I figured that we have paid the ACS fees for assessment so lets just get that done. The validity of the assessment (so i am told by the agent) is for 24 months from approval. With this in mind we will be looking for the next round of available slots for SysAdmins when they come up, in any state - NT as a last resort :wink:

The assessment at ACS today reads - Case Finalised - which i am guessing is good.

Mark - the VCP5 was good thanks all passed up. The test centre pretty strict on me being me with identification, which is a good thing. Though my drivers license and passport signatures didnt match (one is a long version and the other a short one) and it was almost bust, when I said "will a credit card signature be ok..?", thankfully it was! Check out the blue print and practise exams on the MyLearn portal, id say working experience definately helps too and do your upgrade quickly, after Feb or there abouts you have to do the "Whats New" course to go to VCP5 from 4.

Merry Christmas for the weekend, enjoy!

Sounds like your assessment result is due any second then! Yes, it's valid for 24 months so no sweat there, although the whole system is changing next year so it might be worth speaking to your agent to clairfy what that may mean.

I am just waiting on the sponsorship now - assuming that is all okay then its Visa time which, quite frankly, is a bit scary and serious.

Guest paultozer
Some movement at last! This waiting is sooooo boring (yet stressful at the same time) - Now processing applications from November 14th...........

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/visa_options/gen_skill3/criteria_for_state_spons.jsp

Woohoo, I had an email today and:

Application Process Milestone Date

Online Application Completed & Submitted 19 Nov 2011

Complete Set of Documents Received by Immigration SA Office 25 Nov 2011

Application Decision Approved 21 December 2011

Congratulations, Immigration SA is pleased to offer you State Government Sponsorship. However, in order to proceed, you must confirm that you wish to accept our offer of State Sponsorship - see below.

Joseph1801, when did you apply for SS

Guest joseph1801

My SA SS application status now has a line stating "Application Decision - immigration SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times...."

Does this mean a decision is imminent?

Guest joseph1801

I know what you mean Zeb - seems to have been ages since anything happened.

The SA site says they are now processing applications from 5th Dec, which is the date my doc set was lodged, so hopefully things will move one way or the other soon.

Good news - I'll probably be in next week's batch then as my application was in on the 8th, and docs on the 13th. We've spent far too many hours talking about the whole move over the Christmas holidays and I think as the application for the actual VISA is pretty costly and the serious bit, it's spun us into so many should we \ shouldn't we discussions I could have gone mad at times.

Still, we are grateful to be this far and are 100% going to the next stage (as long as South Australia want us!) but just going to see what we feel like a bit later on.

Guest paultozer
My SA SS application status now has a line stating "Application Decision - immigration SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times...."

Does this mean a decision is imminent?

Judging by other posts previously in this forum and pomsinoz you should hopefully get your decision in the next day or two.

Good luck to you both, I see that SS for Network Administrator is still high so hopefully should be good.

Christmas would have slowed things down

Guest joseph1801
Good news - I'll probably be in next week's batch then as my application was in on the 8th, and docs on the 13th. We've spent far too many hours talking about the whole move over the Christmas holidays and I think as the application for the actual VISA is pretty costly and the serious bit, it's spun us into so many should we \ shouldn't we discussions I could have gone mad at times.

Still, we are grateful to be this far and are 100% going to the next stage (as long as South Australia want us!) but just going to see what we feel like a bit later on.

We have had similar discussions - I think the closer you get to actually getting the visa, the more you think about what it is you are doing and what you are leaving behind. All of a sudden England seems not so bad! I will definitely miss the humour and the football - which, being a Spurs fan, is one and the same thing most of the time anyway! But i think spending a couple of grand now to give yourself the choice (and we have 5 years to make the move permanent) is money well spent. We came to the conclusion that if we go we can always come back but if we dont go we may ending up regretting it.

now I've said all that lets hope we dont get rejected!! :biglaugh:

Guest paultozer
i think spending a couple of grand now to give yourself the choice (and we have 5 years to make the move permanent) is money well spent. We came to the conclusion that if we go we can always come back but if we dont go we may ending up regretting it.

Exactly what our thoughts have been.

Just booking/sending off health/police checks now. It's gone scary fast for us.

Guest joseph1801

Holy Mackerel! SS approved! Need to get kids passports now before the 30 days is up.

I didnt - or havent yet got an email - it was on the client tracking system.

Good luck everyone :jiggy:

Guest joseph1801
Congratulations, I got the email the evening after I had checked the site in the morning and found mine was approved. Time to file your 176 now :smile:

Cheers Paul.

I take it you "accept" the offer of SS when you request the 1100 form (after lodging the visa application)? Looks pretty straightforward but I just dont want to assume anything