ACS Skills Assessment - how long?

Guest MarK Jowett

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joseph1801
Our state sponsorship was approved today, no warning or email - just approved!

Great news Zeb. Congratulations. Makes your day doesnt it! You will get an email soon - funnily enough it doesnt tell you your result, just advises you to log in to the tracking system. Anyway, on to the Visa..

I've submitted my visa application and am now uploading reams of photocopies.......:confused:

Thank you Joseph - it feels a little unreal actually. Sounds like you are having fun!

We are probably getting ahead of ourselves but it's made us think about what we do with the house, and how we go about doing the move - assuming the visa goes through okay. We don't want to delay as our eldest daughter is 10 so it doesn't feel right to mess about for too long for the sake of her settling into school. I am also wondering about taking a trip out there just to be sure it's what we want.....

Guest joseph1801

We've flip-flopped between selling/renting but decided to sell - just thought it would be a pain to have to manage the property long distance. We need the capital too!

Guest DingDangDoo

acs docs received 22nd December, been at stage 4 "with assessor" for most of that time. Anyone know if medium avail drops fast?

I know its hard to say but database admin has been at medium avail for some time so maybe all's not lost, fingers crossed.

Hi ddd

My ACS app for network admin took about 3 weeks, docs recv'd 30 Nov with result on 19 Dec. I believe I was on stage 4 for about a week.

I saw the net admin quota this morning too....getting deja vu again.

My SS app is currently at all docs recv'd Jan 6, so hoping theres places for both of us!

Congrats Zeb on ur SS!

Okay, well fingers crossed they can get you through it sharply - those waiting periods are the worst part. Sadly it's just in the lap of the migration gods - but we will send out positive thoughts to help you along the journey. I've just done my Visa application and kinda in shock at finding out in can only take 2 months for the visa to be granted when you have sponsorship.

Guest DingDangDoo

wow is it that quick once you have ss? congrats by the way zeb :-)

the average seems to be a month lately with acs so hoping i might hear from them next week.

Not sure when exactly an SS slot is given. They do a check once all docs have been recv'd but I don't know if they allocate at this stage. They might do another quota check when a person actually picks up the app and a space is finally given if your app is successful.

The waiting is definitely awful.....

Guest joseph1801
Not sure when exactly an SS slot is given....

Hi gaz/ding - this is the line from the SA migration list - " Sponsorship availability applies at time of decision"

Good luck with your applications - the fact that network admin has taken so long to move from high might be a good sign (either that there are lots of positions or they havent had that many applications). I think quite a few sys admins re-applied because that role went off list so quickly, so maybe there has been a recent rash of sys admins applying as network admins??? Fingers crossed for you guys - the waiting is a killer. I tried to stop myself logging in every day but just couldnt!

haha i know joseph, gaz did you submit much documentation in terms of work references?[/quote

For the ACS app? No not really, just 2 refs. My current employer ref was the most substantial in terms of content. I didn't have to change much from my original sysadmin application.

Thanks for the info joseph!

I look every morning as well.....its a ritual now.

Guest DingDangDoo

Hi Guys,

After being at stage 4 for weeks they are now deciding to look for extra documentation.

In reference to your Skills Assessment, please be advised that your application has been returned from the assessor and we are unable to complete your application until further documentation is received.

· Certified copy of detailed employer references from Company X. The employer reference needs to be on the company letterhead and include:

· The job title

· A detailed job description

· Specific dates of employment

· Clearly state whether employment was full-time or part-time

· Demonstrated levels of competence with any computer languages, the various types of hardware and software used and the extent of involvement with any major projects.

Please Note: ACS is unable to accept letters of appointment, self statutory declarations or contracts as employment references.

I submitted a stat dec for this particular job(my current job) so i cannot get references. I thought this was what a stat dec was for? What a nightmare and hear was me waiting on a positive response! Everything they have listed in the above I put on the stat dec!

"ACS is unable to accept letters of appointment, self statutory declarations or contracts as employment references"

Any ideas?

Hi ddd

Sounds familiar....

One of my refs was a stat dec as the company doesn't exist anymore. I had a similar nightmare where I had to provide a 3rd party reference to back up my stat Dec. I managed to find an ex-colleague to provide a ref. I believe if I couldn't provide this, ACS may discount that section of employment history....

Can you find an ex colleague, manager, etc?