ACS Skills Assessment - how long?

Guest MarK Jowett

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chris_J

We don't need to sell to move, but that's our plan really for a bit of extra toward a property in Aus. I'm not sure we'd cover the mortgage renting it out, I think it would be very close and we don't have enough equity for a buy to let mortgage unless I push a bit of the redundancy cash into it

Guest joseph1801

Well, after all the stress and waiting we now have our visa!

Thanks to everyone on here for all the advice and encouragement - couldnt have done it without you!

Good luck to everyone still waiting - hang in there, its worth the wait.

We fly out this Saturday for a week and a half - yes, I've registered with 5 agencies and I have interviews with them next week - it's the one thing I am really starting to worry about as I've read so many conflicting views on getting work in IT in Oz.

Guest joseph1801

Good luck and enjoy the holiday. Mount lofty is a nice trip - great views from there.

I know what you mean about the job situation - I get lots sent to me by SEEK, but most of them are either in Perth or Sydney - only about 5% in Adelaide.

Surely cant be worse than looking for work here though, eh?!

Let us know how you find it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest OZdreams

Its killling me.. My each morning starts with having a look at ACS website. And, every day starts with a disappointment. Just 12 days to go, and still I don't see any hope... :frown:

Guest joseph1801
Its killling me.. My each morning starts with having a look at ACS website. And, every day starts with a disappointment. Just 12 days to go, and still I don't see any hope... :frown:

Fingers crossed for you ozdreams.

How long ago did u submit? Is there anyone u can call to try to speed things up - either at the acs or an agent?

you only need to have a visa application lodged before 1 July and u will be assessed under existing rules. Make a start with the online visa application now so u don't have to fill it in from scratch at the last minute.

Good luck to you.

Guest OZdreams

Thats kind Joseph, thanks a lot.

I submitted the application to ACS on 27th April and they received docs on 30th April. Then they asked for additional docs that they received on 13th May. Since then, the status is 'With assessor' :mad:........... I'll treat you all if i'm through with ACS before 30th!!! :smile:

And yes, I'll keep myself ready with DIAC application.

Guest OZdreams

Yes Chris, I'll be filing for 175. Do not want to come under new rules umbrella. I am not sure how it would affect my application, but I'm sure it would mean more delay, and more uncertainty... :nah:

Hi

Just found this thread and think I am in same predicament wandered if anyone can help applying for 176 visa and am aware of new ruling in July I submitted my Sa back in the beginning of march but have heard nothing. Spoke to my agent who keeps telling there is a back log of application but not sure this to be true as we sent it well in time or maybe it is right. If anyone is in a similar situation please can you respond so I can feel confident that what the agent says is right or if you have received yours back already can you let me know. Stress levels off the scale at the moment

Kathy aahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Guest joseph1801
Hi

Just found this thread and think I am in same predicament wandered if anyone can help applying for 176 visa and am aware of new ruling in July I submitted my Sa back in the beginning of march but have heard nothing. Spoke to my agent who keeps telling there is a back log of application but not sure this to be true as we sent it well in time or maybe it is right. If anyone is in a similar situation please can you respond so I can feel confident that what the agent says is right or if you have received yours back already can you let me know. Stress levels off the scale at the moment

Kathy aahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Hi Kathy - Welcome to the thread - hopefully you'll find some help here.

It could well be the case that there is a last minute rush on to get in before the SkillSelect system comes in, but your agent should really be doing a bit more than just telling you that -in my opinion. Make them work for their money and ask them to speak to SA on your behalf to get some idea of current processing times and how much longer you may have to wait.

What occupation did u nominate? is it still available for sponsorship? have you been checking your status on line?

All the best with the application

Guest paultozer

Just thought I'd share a link to those who are getting skills assessed by ACS.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/updated-sol.pdf.

An updated SOL list for schedule 1 has been released and Computer and Network Engineer is on it. That brings the ICT SOL to the following codes

261111 ICT business Analyst

261112 Systems Analyst

261311 Analyst Programmer

261312 Developer Programmer

261313 Software Engineer

263111 Computer Network and Systems Engineer

263311 Telecommunications Engineer

263312 Telecommunications Network Engineer

(credit to Immigration2oz for emailing me details, although I didn't use an agent in the end)

Hi

Thanks fir you reply bit the bullet and e mailed Australia myself onlybto find they had been waiting for documents since April and no one knew so it's a hundred miles an hour to get the extra documents now. Going in as a teacher but have found out if I miss the July deadline it's still ok if going for state sponsorship.

This really is a roller coaster ride Ahhhh but I'm not getting off.

Hi

Thanks fir you reply bit the bullet and e mailed Australia myself onlybto find they had been waiting for documents since April and no one knew so it's a hundred miles an hour to get the extra documents now. Going in as a teacher but have found out if I miss the July deadline it's still ok if going for state sponsorship.

This really is a roller coaster ride Ahhhh but I'm not getting off.

Good luck and yeap, its a ride and a half but you'll be surprised how quickly it can go once things start to slot into place....

Well, I saw three agencies in the end - one of which was a little OTT and was 100% sure of a job within a few weeks of arrival. The other two were more conservative but still positive. As its end of finance year about now, they said July - September months were good for new contracts. I think there are jobs to be had, it's just getting to know about them. I am hopeful but still think it's going to take a decent amount of effort to make the chances happen.

It's all getting very imminent now....pickfords are all booked, flights booked and just clearing and sorting out the house.

Guest OZdreams

Friends, today morning, I saw the status as 'Case Finalised' :rolleyes:. But application is still at Stage 4 :frown:. I haven't received any email. Please let me know what does this means? Should I be happy???? :confused:

Guest OZdreams

Yippieeeeeeee..:jiggy: got the positive assesment just now. I'm more than just happy :rolleyes:. I'm thankful to all of you who wished me luck. Now all set to DIAC appliction. I'll submit that by tommorw. I have almost everything ready for that. Btw, I'm doing this for 175.