Guest SDCB

NAB Bank

Guest SDCB

Hi All

We arrive in 3 weeks and have set up an accounts with NAB ready for when we arrive.

Anyone else used them? any problems ?

They were the easiest to do from the UK but not sure if they are good or bad really.

Thanks

Sarah

Hi, NAB were very easy to use, we set up a time and day to meet in the branch before we left the UK, once we arrived we went to the branch met with the migrant bank person, who set up the accounts and online banking, cards were ready to collect there and then, easy.

There are also iPhone and android apps to keep track of your money when your out and about, when they set up the online banking you'll do your login details then.

Mark

Guest The Dimmocks

We used NAB and set up account before leaving UK, had no problems when we arrived and no problems since.

Guest Guest5035

they are awesome, because my daughter works for them..

stevo

Guest Heather2011

stevo

nothing like loyalty...lol

Hi

We too set up accounts in the UK. On our first day here we went into town to collect bank cards and sign a few documents. They were helpful and friendly. Since then they have been faultless too.

Hth

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Same here.

We set up ours within a few days of arriving. Very impressed.

Their iPhone app is a god send too.

stevo

My FIL worked for them all his working life and I will agree they are awesome... we have had brilliant service from them since we got here too.

We opened NAB accounts before arriving here.

Instead of going through to town to sort everything out we just called at a local branch. Service is great and their online banking is good. My only gripe would be that the number of NAB atm's is limited but they are rolling out more...it's important to use your own banks atm or you pay cash withdrawal fees.

I have just returned from the Colonnades NAB. They opened after the Christies Beach branch closed. Wonderful service...all enquiries dealt with brilliantly.

For those with NAB credit cards....they allow transfer of debt from other banks and you pay 4.99% for 6 months!

The other good thing about the NAB is that their credit card interest is 6% less than what I pay at the AnZ....that's a massive difference.

Tamara

Guest Guest5035

stevo

i did forget to mention, that i bank with the commonwealth!!

stevo

Guest silverload

Hi Everyone,

We move out to Adelaide in April this year and after reading the thread on NAB bank are interested in opening an account with them before we leave the UK. Any advice on how we do this please? Also my husband has a work pension and we are unsure as to how to transfer it. Has anyone any experience of transferring pensions as we were told the ruling is changing in March.

Thanks

Annette

Hi Annette,

For the NAB banking, click on the 'banking' tab at the top (centre) of the PIA home page. Then click on the 'open account' tab. That is what we did from the UK, they emailed all the details through, we moved money over, then went to a branch to activate them in person when we arrived. Really simple.

For all pension advise I would definetly recommend talking to a guy on here called Andrew Williams ( http://www.vistafs.com.au/ ). Many folk on here have used him and speak very highly.

Hope that helps

Paul