Meet ups 2012

Guest Chris Mark

Hi we are arriving on 29th Aug and would love to come to the Sept meet, is there anything else we need to know or do we just turn up? Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LauraF

Hiya,

Snifter sent me over here from the Poms in Aus forum...

I'm still waiting for my visa to be approved but I had no idea a forum like this existed. I'm worried about feeling lonely and bewildered when I get over there, so I'm glad there seems to be regular meet ups and social activities going on for people in a similar situation!

I'll definitely be taking part in this once I arrive :) I'll be living near Christie's beach (not sure where there is in relation to the meet up places mentioned by the OP) but I know how to get to the city easily from where I am.

Edited by LauraF

Guest Selina21

Hi,

My husband and I are arriving on 25th August! I just found this thread. I had the same questions really. Would be great to meet some new people.

Hiya,

Snifter sent me over here from the Poms in Aus forum...

I'm still waiting for my visa to be approved but I had no idea a forum like this existed. I'm worried about feeling lonely and bewildered when I get over there, so I'm glad there seems to be regular meet ups and social activities going on for people in a similar situation!

I'll definitely be taking part in this once I arrive :) I'll be living near Christie's beach (not sure where there is in relation to the meet up places mentioned by the OP) but I know how to get to the city easily from where I am.

Hey Laura Welcome to the nest, The monthly meets are beginning of each month on the first Sunday, when the weather is good its on the beach at Noarlunga which is right close to Christie beach, when the weather is not so wonderful, its inside somewhere and I havent found out myself yet but its not far away. You wont be short of new friends.

• 1 month later...

SORRY FOR LATE NOTICE.......

Due to the weather being so nice and it being Fathers Day we thought it would be nice to meet up on the beach.

The time will still be 3pm and we will be on the right hand side of the jetty as you look out to sea.

So the location is Port Norlunga Jetty.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=port+norlunga&hl=en&ll=-35.148258,138.469545&spn=0.005141,0.008594&sll=-35.144757,138.467388&sspn=0.020564,0.034375&t=h&z=17

The Jetty is where The Esplanade and Saltfleet Street meet.

There is a car park just nearby.

Hope to see you there Rob and Mel

Give us a bell if you can not find us.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ooh it looks like I'll be able to make the January one as my visa just got granted today and I expect to be over there just before Christmas :) I will of course confirm nearer the time but it's nice to have this to look forward to in a strange place where I won't have any friends!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LittleMissWildChild

Hi everyone!

My husband, son and I will be leaving London mid Feb for Adelaide and we'll be keen to go to any meet ups you have going on so we can meet people. I'm actually Aussie but I have been living in London for almost 14 years so I classify myself more as British, hubby has never lived anywhere but London and never even been to Australia so it would be great for him to meet fellow expats especially. We'll be living in Seaford Rise. Really looking forward to starting our Aussie life and hopefully meet some fab people too!

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I'm the Brit in my marriage. Hubby is the Aussie and has been in the UK 7 or 8 years now. We are moving back to Adelaide next UK summer with our son. I've spent some time in Aus (mostly Adelaide) so know what to expect and am looking forward to it.

We'll be in Glenelg the first year or so I'd think. There are a fair few people on here that are living in the area you are moving to so hopefully you can meet some of them. Would defo be up for meeting up once we arrive.

Thanks Snifter and Misplaced. We're really looking forward to getting to Adelaide and meeting new people. I do have friends living there from when I went to high school in Port Augusta but so much time has passed since I saw them I don't think we will have that much in common. Plus it will be great to meet some Brits, I think I will probably get a bit homesick for the UK while we're settling in, knowing other people dealing with the same thing will be great (my Australian family will probably expect me to be nothing but thrilled to be back and won't really get the missing the UK bit). Looking forward to meeting up hopefully at some point.

Guest AngPhil

Hi Littlemisswildchild,

Give us a shout when you arrive and we'll meet up, we have two boys 12 and 9. There's a load of us in Seafors Meadows/Rise you will definately get to see enough poms.

Ang

Hi AngPhil,

Thanks! I'm feeling a bit better about arriving and meeting people, and very excited to get there. We'll arrive Feb 16th (after 10 fabulous days in Thailand), and then we're off to the Gold Coast for a week. Once we have got ourselves sorted and settled I will definitely be in touch with you all to arrange a meet up :) Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LauraF

I finally arrived in Adelaide on the 17th and now I'm recovered from the transition, I need to start thinking about getting to know someone other than my boyfriend!

Is anyone planning to attend the meetup on 6th Jan?

Sorry we haven't been for a while but we'll be there today. So just a reminder, we'll be at Port Noarlunga, at the pier, somewhere near the bottom of the steps.

Looking forward to meeting some old and new friends. All welcome.

If anyone is worried that they won't find us and would like my number, please send a pm and i'll give you my phone number.

See you there, Rob & Mel