House selling - encouraging start!

guspjmh

Ali, your positive vibes must be paying off!

Got a viewing tomorrow, a couple with 2 kids who have already sold....

Fingers firmly crossed!

I'm very happy for you guys.:smile: I hope it went well and that you guys will soon be ready to start your new adventure. Please keep me posted. I'll be checking in from time to time to get some news from you guys. Fingers crossed and my prayers are with you all. :smile:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

We have been on the market for two months and have had 12 viewings.

We have two asking price offers from people yet to sell their own and yesterday accepted an offer £22k less than asking price from someone with mortgage in place and chain free.....:biggrin:

Excitement didnt last long tho as agent said it turns out they don't have finance as yet and have a meeting with their mortgage broker on 4/8....:arghh:

The waiting game goes on and we are still on the market until any f the above can proceed....very frustrating!

Hi

We have been on the market for two months and have had 12 viewings.

We have two asking price offers from people yet to sell their own and yesterday accepted an offer £22k less than asking price from someone with mortgage in place and chain free.....:biggrin:

Excitement didnt last long tho as agent said it turns out they don't have finance as yet and have a meeting with their mortgage broker on 4/8....:arghh:

The waiting game goes on and we are still on the market until any f the above can proceed....very frustrating!

I am with you on this one, frustrating or what. We too are worried we might need to put ours on again as our buyer is dragging his heels, although the reasons appear valid. As you say aaaaaaagh. We need to go before Nov 16th, but we like you feel limited in the progress we can make until all is signed up.

IrishStew

Hi Gus

Hope the viewing went well, our house went on the market about three weeks ago - few viewings but no offer! Were planning to move next year and i was just looking at your visa start date and the date it was approved, can I be cheeky and ask how you got it done that quickly?:smile:

Claire

I have no idea! I just posted all the requested paperwork online immediately, and they approved it - I already had the IELT in place prior to the application, but I guess we were just lucky.

Now for a bit of luck re the house....

Been reading this with interest as we are fairly close to a few of you (Miskin). Had the estate agents out and they said they could sell it (well they would wouldn't they!) but for a bit less than we were hoping to get. Got to talking about renting and we have decided for us this is the way forward. We live near a very oversubscribed school so no problem renting out - have seen quite a few 'for sales' turning into 'to lets' and going in a matter of days. Good rental price too which covers our mortgage and the management fee. We can survive for a few years but longer term would need to sell before we can buy in Oz. Like everything in this adventure it's a bit of a gamble and prices may be worse in 2/3 years but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Guest Chris_J

Our house has been on for 3 weeks now and we've still only had 1 viewing. We are priced about right for the area, so not sure what's going on. I am thinking we may have to let it out and only just cover the mortgage and mgt fee. A friend of mine who rents his house out says he has to spend about £1k a year on maintenance and other stuff.

For anyone selling I would really recommend housesimple.co.uk.

They are an online agent hat I have used for two houses now and always recommend them to friends...three of whom have all sold in the last thee months.

Our local agents said that they sell over 90% of their properties via rightmove.co.uk so the key to selling is to get on the site for the cheapest possible way.

We have a board and they arrange viewing exactly the same but they charge £400 instead of the £4500 that our

locals said based on house value. They are also really reasonable in tennant finding fees and rental management.

Take a look

I have considered letting, but we need to free us some money and managing a house from the other side of the world sounds like a nightmare...

The viewing was again pretty positive in terms of feedback, but after considering they decided not to make an offer, as they felt with the hit they'd taken on theirs they couldn't make a realistic offer after they did a bit of decorating etc they would be too stretched. (why waste my time then....)

I have considered letting, but we need to free us some money and managing a house from the other side of the world sounds like a nightmare...

The viewing was again pretty positive in terms of feedback, but after considering they decided not to make an offer, as they felt with the hit they'd taken on theirs they couldn't make a realistic offer after they did a bit of decorating etc they would be too stretched. (why waste my time then....)

If you need the money then it's a no brainer. Hope you get somewhere with the sale soon - frustrating at the moment by the sound of things.

Ok- we are officially off the market and all being well we are set to move in with my folks at the end of August! That gives us a month before Pickfords come to pack up and put into storage!

Glad hubby is a teacher as he is going to have a busy summer taking down flat pack, ebaying and cleaning bikes etc!

Good luck with your sale- u only need that one buyer to come through the door!

That's the attitude Gus!:smile: Fingers crossed you will be worrying about packing, gathering and cleaning and moving when you sell before Christmas. My fingers are crossed for you guys.:smile:

Guest guest8040

Leeds1877 did you sell through your recommended Internet company? Gus we're in exactly same boat as you and will be going down the reccie route if we haven't sold up by Christmas. Not what I want to do for the financial side of things and also because I'm terrified of flying and it will ultimately mean 3 long flights instead of 1!

Do you have kids? If not, I'd recommend visiting the GP and saying how terrified you are of flying. He/she should at the very least prescribe you some valium, which will dull the terror!

Hopefully, neither of us will need the reccie - just keep fingers crossed!

I have always found that the bigger planes feel a lot safer, so its much better than any European flights you might have taken.

I know it not much comfort but you are more likely to come to harm on the way to the airport than on any flight!!!!

Are you sure about three flights - if it where me I would rather get it over and done with than anticipate more flights still to come.

A pill sounds like a good idea to me.

Re Selling etc , hope it all works out, the market is real slow just now, but as has been said you only need one. My "buyer" is very slow at getting his funds released from overseas, I hope it falls in place soon, the frustration is setting in BIG style as time is rapidly running out.

IrishStew

I know what you mean about the bigger planes, but I remember on my way back from Chicago once (on a big plane) and we suffered the worst turbulence ever - big drops, people screaming etc.

I've been a little anxious about flying ever since too.

Yep, me too. Always felt safer in the bigger planes until a jumbo I was in once hit the worst turbulence and seemed to drop for ages - and the captain didn't sound too confident when telling the crew to cancel all hot drinks ...

Jim

Hi Guys

Dont mean to dampen your fun - but this is not helping the nervous flyers - which I thought we were trying to do!!! ;)

IrishStew

Sorry! Even extreme turbulence is nothing to worry about though, they drop massive lumps of concrete on the wings in testing to make sure they are strong enough. Flying is probably the safest way to travel.

Guest guest8040

Cheers guys!!!! Haha. I've had valium before gus last time I flew to oz and it was great but now having a 7 and 5 year old, a comatose mammy would be little use! I went to the GP last time I flew (boys were 5 and 2) and he questioned whether my flying story was the real reason I wanted it - mortifying at the time as I must have looked well stressed but funny now! I know all the stats about it being the safest way to travel but fears are irrational feckers! Three flights would be 2 for a reccie and a further one for the permanent move. Just praying I sell before then...or win the Lottery!