To vacuum-pack or not to vacuum-pack...mildrew????

Guest AngPhil

Guest AngPhil

I thought I was being really clever and bought loads of big vacuum pack bags from ebay for all our towels, clothes etc to go in the container.

I have started to vacuum-pack some bits and pieces, but 1 of the movers spotted them and told my husband not to bother as mildew would form in the vacuum-packed items.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had vacuum-packed anything and if they had any problems with it.

Thanks

Ang

Guest AngPhil

Just spoken to a really helpful guy at Bluestar Packaging Supplies Ltd (01617850854) who says that you need 5g of silica per cubic foot. He told me to pack the boxes/bags tightly and put the silica bags in different places in the pack. I am going to go overboard with them and put in the bounce.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Thanks for the tips

Ang x[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest Cornish Pasties

Thanks for the heads up Ang as we have bought same for our container leaving later this year....will make sure I adhere to above

cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest Paula H

Oh cr*p... Wish I knew that before I vac packed some stuff

However Ange, don't vac PAC in the bigger ones as when they came on wed he unpacked it all as the large ones wouldn't fit in their boxes x