Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

6 months in...

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

And loving it!

Can't believe we have been here that long already but I have to say this is definitely home for us now.

We landed in Oz with a roof over our heads for 3 weeks and that was it, the rest was a blank canvas. That canvas has been filled with amazing people, fantastic places and maybe just a wee bit of the lovely SA vino :wink:

We ended up staying in our short term rental for 3 months in the end, our landlords were fantastic and went out of their way to help us whenever they could. We now have a lovely house on a 12 month rental and hopefully will buy somewhere when the lease is up. Hubby got a great job within 3 weeks of being here and is really enjoying it. The kids have settled into life brilliantly, they both love school and there is always so much for them to do out of school too. We have so much more time together as a family than we have ever had and that alone is priceless. We have also been lucky enough to have made some amazing friends in our time here.

There has not been a single moment when either of us have been homesick or thought we'd done the wrong thing coming, we have enjoyed every minute of it.

Here's to the next 6 months and whatever they have in store for us :biggrin:

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun! Great start to your new life - good to hear we're not the only ones having a ball.

(we're coming up for 10 months now!)

Guest NatsandSteve

Hey,

glad you are having a great time. We are out to Adelaide January 2013.

If you don't mind me asking where did you find your 3 month short term rental place from? Was it a particular website I could look at now, or was it a paper advert?

Thanks

Natalie :-)

Great to hear guys. It's good to hear people grabbing the adventure with both hands and enjoying the ride. Here's to the next 6 months.

What a lovely positive post! Thank you for putting that up, it's put a smile on my face

Fantastic news !!!

You've made it through the winter and still love it, so the summer is going to be a blast for you,

Have fun!!!

Kim

x

Hey,

If you don't mind me asking where did you find your 3 month short term rental place from? Was it a particular website I could look at now, or was it a paper advert?

Thanks

Hi Natalie

January is the major holiday season so you would probably need to book your short term rental ASAP we places get booked up really quickly.

Have a look on this site under accommodation available and you can also try www.adelaideshorttermrentals.com its an independant website where property owners advertise their properties, its good as you can search either by No. of bedrooms or by area.

Hope it all goes well for you guys, when are you coming out in January?

Kim

:wubclub:

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
    Hey,

Thanks

Hi Natalie

January is the major holiday season so you would probably need to book your short term rental ASAP we places get booked up really quickly.

Have a look on this site under accommodation available and you can also try www.adelaideshorttermrentals.com its an independant website where property owners advertise their properties, its good as you can search either by No. of bedrooms or by area.

Hope it all goes well for you guys, when are you coming out in January?

Kim

:wubclub:

Hi Natalie,

We got ours through http://www.takeabreak.com.au in the end. Due to our house sale we were only able to book in December for coming out in January and it wasn't easy finding somewhere so would completely agree with Kim about getting something sorted ASAP.

We've had 6 summers in Adelaide and know what to expect - we are surviving our first winter (one of the coldest and wettest for many years) and looking forward to spring. Even love it when it rains and you still get days with brilliant sunshine too

DSC03510.jpg

DSC03503.jpg

DSC03310.jpg

DSC03507.jpg

Guest Paula H

What a great post, gave me goosebumps. I cant wait for our journey to start - 8 weeks and counting!!!

Guest wayney34

So glad everythings going well its nice to see such a positive post and I hope we can meet up when we come over next month I'll proberbly be wishing I'd just took the big leap myself when we come instead of validating.

Guest lyn

Great post, Wendy! I know from spending time with you out here that you are having a ball and making the most of every opportunity that comes your way! It's been great meeting you and your family here and we wish you good luck for the next 6 months and beyond! Here's to making the most of a new life down under!

Love Lyn xxx