Guest NatsandSteve

Seven Seas shipping

Guest NatsandSteve

Hello all,

We are moving out to Adelaide in January 2013 and are starting to sort out our packing....bit late...mmm I'm not sure!

Anyway, as we don't own a house and sold most of our furniture when we moved out of our flat (it wasn't good quality stuff so wasn't worth keeping) we don't have enough stuff to fill a container, or even half a container.

We have heard about Seven Seas shipping company. They send you boxes, you fill them up, then they come and collect them and ship them! Sounds simple enough but I wondered if anybody has had any experiences with them?! OR do you know of other companies that provide a similar service; i.e. not shipping containers of furniture but just boxes of clothes, books, personal stuff etc. We may still need about 10-12 boxes though. I have A LOT of books! :-)

Thanks in advance!

Natalie and Steve

hi

I used voovit.com to ship boxes to Adelaide - very good, cheap service. For some reason they didn't do return to uk so I used Seven seas to get my stuff back to uk and they too were cheap, reliable and efficient.

good luck

Ails

Guest NatsandSteve

Thanks for your responses.

Would you recommend getting insurance through Seven Seas or the company we choose or do it independently. If we were to do it independently, who would you suggest we use?

Thanks!

IYM gets good feedback (Insure Your Move). Am not sure what they do for just boxes but worth checking and seeing.

we used seven seas and we had no problems at all. Our things even turned up earlier than expected which was an added bonus. We used there move cube and the service was great both ends.

Guest pixie7

We used Seven Seas- great service and it all turned up early :) couldn't have asked for more. Would use them again.

silly question really, we are not allowed to say bad things on here about companys!!!

Steve

Negative feedback is not able to be posted on the forum for legal reasons. However, there is nothing to stop a member using the PM system if they wish.

Guest NatsandSteve

Thank you for all the good recommendations for Seven Seas. I think we'll go with them. :-)

Guest papermonkey

Hi Natalie & Steve,

We are moving to Clovelly Park in January from Kent and have a 2 bedroom flat to move with all the bits. We will definitely need a container, but if you live nearby we might be able to share the cost and put your boxes in our container? Where are you moving from?

Let me know what you think and good luck with the move!

Vik

Hello all,

We are moving out to Adelaide in January 2013 and are starting to sort out our packing....bit late...mmm I'm not sure!

Anyway, as we don't own a house and sold most of our furniture when we moved out of our flat (it wasn't good quality stuff so wasn't worth keeping) we don't have enough stuff to fill a container, or even half a container.

We have heard about Seven Seas shipping company. They send you boxes, you fill them up, then they come and collect them and ship them! Sounds simple enough but I wondered if anybody has had any experiences with them?! OR do you know of other companies that provide a similar service; i.e. not shipping containers of furniture but just boxes of clothes, books, personal stuff etc. We may still need about 10-12 boxes though. I have A LOT of books! :-)

Thanks in advance!

Natalie and Steve