Nurse looking for a job

Oxi

Hi Mandi, thank you very much for the suggestion about 190 visa, I overlooked it previously. I am very happy for you that you are already in Adelaide!!! Please let us know on your return how did it go. I am collecting documents for ANMAC at the moment, unfortunately in Kent nothing is free re certifying docs, crown court quoted £70 for each signature, so I think will go with notary public. I am struggling with my CV Aussie style. Could you be so kind to help me with it? Would really appreciate it. Looking forward hearing about your trip. Thanks, Oxi :))

Guest MandiMR2

oh my goodness, that's shocking about the courts near you charging!! Yes the NP sounds a better option & look ahead at what is needed for the AHPRA & get them certified at the same time, many of them are duplicates from what I remember. Of course I'll help you, I'll forward you a copy of mine if you PM me your email address, although it won't be until I return home, hope that's ok? Don't forget your CPD too, it's not necessary for the ANMAC but it is for the AHPRA registration, I hadn't updated mine in a long while & consequently spent a full day on it!!

Happy to help. Mandi x

Guest MandiMR2

lol yes I posted that ages ago!!! it's a good format & easily adaptable to suit individual needs.

I went back 2 years, but only because I wanted to include certain courses I'd completed relevant to my harm/onc role, then I could submit it with my CV for any future posts I apply for. Certificates are not required, but its credibility needs to be certified, I got my clinical nurse educator & ward manager to verify its authenticity. The main thing is to ensure your CPD meets requirements of the NMC. If you have any problems, PM me your e-mail & I will send you a copy of mine for guidance. I visited the Adelaide AHPRA office to complete my registration & they were lovely, very helpful & as enthusiastic as me about coming here lol.

Reccie trip almost over, last day today, so kinda sad, had a fabulous time, made many new friends, learnt lots about living here, it's amazing how many differences there are from tiny things like not been offered your coat hangers when buying clothing to having to do your own tax return!!! So, unhappy to be leaving, but also eager to return home, see family & friends & continue preparing for move in Jan!!!

Good luck with application x

PS are you coming to meet up I've arranged for this coming Sunday? X

Hi Mandi and Sue,

Thanks for the help and advice, really great. I would really love to see a copy to see what you did, would you both be able to email it to me, that would be so helpful, Sorry mandi I cant make the meet up, great idea though, hope it goes well X

Edited by snifter
email as per forum rules

• 9 months later...

Hi guys, just wanted to share good news - ANMAC positive skills assessment received in the post yesterday!!!! After painful 6 month of collecting documents, certifying £££, sending, waiting, collecting more requested documents, certifying £££...

EOI is submitted and applied for 190 SA state nomination... Now wait again ... Well it's certainly closer than a year ago :))) Start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for all your advice and help - you all been so helpful!!! Sure will be back to pick your brains :)))

Oxi :)

Congratulation oxi, feels good doesn't it. How is your AHPRA going? Get it in if you havnt already, just got mine beginning of July after an 8 mth wait, keep us posted x

Hi guys, just wanted to share good news - ANMAC positive skills assessment received in the post yesterday!!!! After painful 6 month of collecting documents, certifying £££, sending, waiting, collecting more requested documents, certifying £££...

EOI is submitted and applied for 190 SA state nomination... Now wait again ... Well it's certainly closer than a year ago :))) Start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for all your advice and help - you all been so helpful!!! Sure will be back to pick your brains :)))

Oxi :)

Edited by snifter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Oxi

Ahpra is a nightmare at the moment particularly for Diploma trained UK nurses. If you qualified with a degree initially that is generally straightforward. Take a look at the 'whats happening at ahpra' thread on Poms in Oz for more info or you can send me a PM for more info.

I was trained in Ukraine originally although worked in UK for 12 years and ANMAC accredited my diploma equivalent to australian bachelor degree this month. What is the difference between uk diploma trained and degree trained nurses, is it hours, modules? Anyone got any info what degree transcript looks like? So at least I can compare mine before I apply?

Hi oxi I think mine just got caught up amongst all the changes and I did top degree at different uni which confused them and they just keep asking for more info but I had sent everything in and so had the uni, so don't think things were checked properly. Don't think it's taking so long now but wouldn't mess around with it as they are always asking to provide more evidence of something which takes time in itself, good luck keep us posted

• 7 months later...

Hi guys! Just wanted to share good news! We got our PR visa granted last week!!!! Really excited!!! However, still waiting on Ahpra and house is just gone on the market - so fingers crossed won't be stuck here for too long! Will keep you posted guys xx

Hi guys! Just wanted to share good news! We got our PR visa granted last week!!!! Really excited!!! However, still waiting on Ahpra and house is just gone on the market - so fingers crossed won't be stuck here for too long! Will keep you posted guys xx

Congratulations on the grant. Fab news for you :)

Great news Oxi, such a good feeling to have the visa sorted, keep chasing AHPRA, how long have they had your application ? Good luck selling your house, then it all becomes real x