2 Days in :)

Guest ali

sorry ali, i won't be buying..:huh:

stevo

Sorry Ali - me neither .... we seem to get Utility 'salesmen' calling most weeks. Hope you have better luck. Hoping the new sign by the bell works, if not we need to get a large dog. You're welcome to call round for a coffee and chat though :biggrin:

Might try this recipe soon

http://www.maggiebeer.com.au/recipes/moroccan-eggplant-and-lentils-with-pomegranate-molasses-and-ricotta

check out Jo-Ann & May's Gourmet Foods (for saffron and pomegranate molasses)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Ali - me neither .... we seem to get Utility 'salesmen' calling most weeks. Hope you have better luck. Hoping the new sign by the bell works, if not we need to get a large dog. You're welcome to call round for a coffee and chat though :biggrin:

Might try this recipe soon

http://www.maggiebeer.com.au/recipes/moroccan-eggplant-and-lentils-with-pomegranate-molasses-and-ricotta

check out Jo-Ann & May's Gourmet Foods (for saffron and pomegranate molasses)

Yes, they briefed me today. And they told us that under no circumstances were we allowed to knock on doors that have signs asking not to. This was fine by me as I was afraid that they would ask me to do so anyhow which I wouldn't and I'd get into trouble for not being aggressive enough.:wink:

You should try Saffron rice with barbecued kebobs:smile:

You should try Saffron rice with barbecued kebobs:smile:

Sounds delicious - I'm quite an adventurous cook and love the abundance of good local produce. Quite partial to 'lamb backstrap' with fennel, apple and nut salad with home-made lemon mayo .......... Made a great lemon, ginger and rosemary drizzle cake yesterday when the family came for lunch. 24 pieces dissapeared by the time they went home.

Stocked up with fruit, veg and other goodies at the Fruit Barn in Handorf at lunchtime today. Mount Barker strawberries are coming in now - huge juicy and 2 large punnets for $5. Also got avos, kiwis, lemons, asparagus, eggplant, rock melon and beans - all on 'special' and banana are down to less than $2 a kilo now.

Cooking is all about trying new things and you are doing a marvelous job. :smile: Personally I am not much of a seafood person and my experiments tend to go around beef, lamb and chicken and of course rice and pasta. Let me settle in and do something about the job situation and one day we might have a cookout and try different things together.:smile:

I did quit the door-to-door sales job. I went out with them one day and immediately I knew that it wasn't my thing. But I'm seeing their adverts on PIA (Alinta energy).

Still job hunting and will work any 'paying' job until I find what I really fancy.:smile:

I will be giving you guys some good news very soon.:smile:

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

Good news!! :smile:

I got a job! A paying job. Nothing big, but a good start after two weeks of arrival:wink: customer service at Kfood Express. Yeah well I had to start from somewhere and I'm happy that my record of getting 'the job' after being invited to an interview still remains at %100. I wanted to share the news with you all and maybe we'll bump into each other at work:smile:

cheers,:smile:

Ali

Guest bubbe2005

I got a job! A paying job. Nothing big, but a good start after two weeks of arrival:wink: customer service at Kfood Express. Yeah well I had to start from somewhere and I'm happy that my record of getting 'the job' after being invited to an interview still remains at %100. I wanted to share the news with you all and maybe we'll bump into each other at work:smile:

Ali

good on you ali! at least now you have some $$$ coming in until a bigger and better opportunity comes your way!

Ali

Congratulations Ali -there is one around the corner from my office! It definitely seems to do good business.

good on you ali! at least now you have some $$$ coming in until a bigger and better opportunity comes your way!

Thank you and yes you are right. The Dollars start rolling in and I'll be on the safe side until a better opportunity arrives.:smile:

Congratulations Ali -there is one around the corner from my office! It definitely seems to do good business.

Kris, thank you. I might be working in the same location you mentioned in your post.:smile:

Edited by ali

I started work from today. It was OK and looks like my training will end sooner than expected as the manager told me you don't need the whole week. The shop I will be operating at is on 55a O'Connell Street, North Adelaide so in about 10 days time if you manage to drive by especially Sat-Sun I will be at the shop. :smile:

I started work from today. It was OK and looks like my training will end sooner than expected as the manager told me you don't need the whole week. The shop I will be operating at is on 55a O'Connell Street, North Adelaide so in about 10 days time if you manage to drive by especially Sat-Sun I will be at the shop. :smile:

Good luck with it all Ali.

• 2 weeks later...

Good on you. Enjoy :)

Hi Ali am in Town u still doing the sales thing, where u @? buddy

Hi, yes still in town mate. No I told them that it wasn't for me. Selling something is a totally different thing than being rude to people so I decided I should try my luck elsewhere. I have been working for K-Food Express (a chain convenient store) for the past two weeks and its been good. :smile: I'll PM my number so if you like you can give me a call and we can catch up.

Cheers,:smile:

Ali

Thank you :smile: Although doing a totally different thing now. It has been quite a ride but Adelaide has been very kind to me.:smile:

You've certainly got energy and been focussed and prepared for all sorts from what I've read in your posts on here. I think your approach is good and it seems to be working for you. I hope as you settle in and find your feet you'll enjoy what Adelaide has to offer.

Folks I think I spent my day well. Opened a bank account, Registered for Medicare, picked the ambulance application form and will be registering with centerlink tomorrow around where I intend to leave in the next 2 weeks or so. I also did my TFN about 40hrs ago, did it online and expect the medicare cards, ATM and TFN early next week delivered via post at the door. Hope to get in-touch with employers as from Monday once have rest enough.