Moving to Adelaide end of March

Guest sophistikate

Guest sophistikate

Hi, we are a family of four, Myself (43) husband (37) and two girls aged 7 and nearly 4. We are moving to Adelaide end of March, and are lucky enough to have friends to stay with at the beginning. I have a job that is on the Magill road, St Morris, so just wondering what areas should we be looking at to live. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi

St Morris is in the eastern suburb, and basically in the "nicer" (more affluent) part of Adelaide. Pick your choose, any sorrounding suburb will be good live, with plenty of good schools to choose from.. I think from St Morris towards the southwest suburb like Kengsington, Kensington Park, Marryatville, Erindale, Leabrook, Toorak Gardens, Burnside, houses are more expensive.. To the east and north, suburb like Firle, Trinity Gardens, Payneham, Payneham South, Hectorville, Campbelltown, the price as the same or slightly lower than St Morris.

kind regards

My mother in law lives in St. Morris. Wijaya is right to say the surrounding suburbs are all nice, but they can be pricey. We live in Rostrevor which is about 5 minutes drive from St. Morris (slightly longer in traffic), is close to a conservation park and has a primary school right in the middle of it. To be homest where you live will depend a lot on budget. If money is going to be tight then you get mor for your money going further north to places like Tea Tree Gully, Banksia Lark, Fairview Park. They are all good areas with good primary schools. If you want to be closer to the beach then head to the south side of the city to somewhere like Unley, Goodwood or Colonal Light Gardens.

Hi,

we are flying out of Manchester on 29/3 and have booked two weeks accommodation in Norwood. We are planning on renting in and around Tea Tree Gully (north east suburbs) and have booked appointments in 5 primary schools in the area.

We have two children aged 6 and 9 (boy/girl) it would be nice to catch up when we get there and share woes/ stress/ excitement over a bottle or two..

we haven't sorted jobs yet but hubby will be teaching supply in a primary school and I am currently looking into opportunities in banking, Analytics , call centre work etc so fingers crossed.

it will be a very busy April I'm sure for both families but may be nice to share with others in same boat.

anna

Guest sophistikate
Hi,

we are flying out of Manchester on 29/3 and have booked two weeks accommodation in Norwood. We are planning on renting in and around Tea Tree Gully (north east suburbs) and have booked appointments in 5 primary schools in the area.

We have two children aged 6 and 9 (boy/girl) it would be nice to catch up when we get there and share woes/ stress/ excitement over a bottle or two..

we haven't sorted jobs yet but hubby will be teaching supply in a primary school and I am currently looking into opportunities in banking, Analytics , call centre work etc so fingers crossed.

it will be a very busy April I'm sure for both families but may be nice to share with others in same boat.

anna

Hi Anna,

We leave 18th March from Dublin, spending 2 days in Dubai, will be in Adelaide on 21st March. As of yet have not decided where we would like to live but have been looking at Seacliffe, Hove, Brighton. I dont have anything set up with schools, I think I better get a move on. Yes it would be lovely to meet up, stay in touch.

Kate

Yes have to agree with a lot of other comments on here, you cannot go wrong in that area, most suburbs are very nice around that area, we used to live in Athelstone just up from Rostrevor and loved it, I used to do a lot of home support work in the areas around St Morris, very posh as some would call it lol, and quite exclusive really nice part of Adelaide, good luck with everything and your new job xxx

Hi, we are a family of four, Myself (43) husband (37) and two girls aged 7 and nearly 4. We are moving to Adelaide end of March, and are lucky enough to have friends to stay with at the beginning. I have a job that is on the Magill road, St Morris, so just wondering what areas should we be looking at to live. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.