she1971

Rivergum, Sarah Homes

Hi there

We are looking at building and looking for any info/reviews on either Rivergum or Sarah Homes please, positive or negative from any of you that have had dealings with either.

Thanks.

Just a reminder that negative comments should be PMd (private message) to she1971, otherwise they get deleted due to potential legal problems.

Also be aware that several builders (McCraken homes, Red Ochre homes, Nu-Steel homes, Ian Wood homes), have gone bust recently and to cover yourself (if they go bust half way through) you need special indemnity insurance. However QBE the insurers who provide this have said they are pulling out of the market at the end of the financial year, the State government said they may have to step in to provide it instead but I haven't yet heard the outcome of that.

Sarah who is likesshopping on here has built two homes with Rivergum recently and I think she was quite happy with them. Might be worth sending her a PM. Or I think her hubby Chris is a member on here as Shanners.

Rivergum and Sarah homes they used to only do like transportable homes but rivergum now do traditional built homes. Sarah homes are more timber and steel cladding type buildings like fancy sheds.

Hi Sheila

Yes, we have had dealings with both SarahHomes and Rivergum....both do the wooden cladding ..beachy looking homes ( although its not wooden, its actually cement). We eventually went onto building two homes with Rivergum, both of which we are extremely happy with.

I would totally recommend Rivergum homes, we built one which was custom built and they were very accommodation and the other was just off the plan. IAll the builders on site were professional and friendly and I have to say that both builds went relatively hiccup free.

OUr sales consultant was Grant Milne, who is a lovely friendly guy ..who I would also recommend.

Hope this helps...please feel free to ask if you want further advice.

Sarahx

Thanks for all the replies.

Sarah - which office is Glen based at as have seen his name recommended on some other reviews as well.

Which design did you go for and did you use any of the upgrade packages at all?

thanks very much for the info, it's so helpful.

Hi

Grant Milne was based on Main South road, but that was a couple of years ago now - if you call their head office they will give you his number - he was really good and came to our house too - which made it easier when you have younger kids in tow!

Yes, we did quite a few upgrades - all of which I am very pleased about.

Sarahx