Guest edenfieldpoms

Cost of taxi from airport

Guest edenfieldpoms

Hi, just wondered if anyone had any idea how much a taxi would be from the airport to seaford. We land at night, we have car hire from the next morning, is it cheaper to get a taxi or hire large car ( lots if cases + 2kids ) for one day.

any help with this would be very grateful thank you

april

Guest Guest75

Not sure if the car hire places are open in the evening so a taxi will the only way I reckon.

About $60 ish to get to Seaford Rise???

There will be taxis that are wagons (estates).

Guest edenfieldpoms

thanks alot tyke, that sounds not too bad, if we hire a car we've got to mess about the next day to get it back to the airport. Thinking taxi will be better

april

Guest Guest75

Probably easier if arriving at night.

Flying Emirates???

Renting a car off of Mick from M & D Autos??

Guest edenfieldpoms

yes and yes, how did you know? lol,

april

Guest Watkinsfamily

Same here !! :) Arriving 10th July at night, Emirates, car from Mick the next day. Did this on our reccie last summer and taxi from airport to Moana was $80. Good luck we are very excited about our move now. X

Guest guest8040

We have Doug off here picking us up from the Emirates flight - he kindly offered voluntarily to collect new arrivals do we took him up on it! Can I ask how much car hire is please?

Guest Guest75
    yes and yes, how did you know? lol,

april

Oooo - I know everything................!!! :shocked::shocked:

Easy to work out that's all - same routine as our guests arriving :wink:

Guest Mitchell

If you have a smart phone you can download one of the taxi apps and put locations and times and it will calculate your fare :)

Guest Chris_J

I would double that fare, Tyke. The taxis are a rip off here, it cost me 15 dollars to go from Richmond Road to somewhere just of West Terrace

Taxi fare calculator link here. Ihttp://www.taxifare.com.au/ - find it is pretty accurate for the airport trips.

Hi guys/gals. My offer is open to all new arrivals. PM me with arrival details. No charge, just a welcoming gesture.

See you on Thursday Mel, have a good flight.

Doug.

Guest Guest75
    Taxi fare calculator link here. Ihttp://www.taxifare.com.au/ - find it is pretty accurate for the airport trips.

Looks like my guesstimation was not far out - if this site correct. Sundays seem to add 10% ????

Guest Chris_J

That isn't so bad then. I thought it would be about 60 to 80 from CBD to Flagstaff Hill for me

Hello Ednefield Poms,

I was just on here placing a couple items for sale and noticed your post. Im from Whitworth, not far from you, gosh I bet you are soooo glad to be leaving that place and starting your new life here. You have another winter though now, but it will be spring soon enough.....

When we arrived nearly 5 years ago, we arrived very early Sunday morning and we booked a large hire care on line via avis. We preferred it that way rather than natter to a taxi driver. One piece of advice is buy a satnav....it was the best thing we bought moving to a new country, not only did it help us find our way around, we learned the names of places etc. As we both drive we kept the car a few days and took it back as soon as we bought one.

Good luck !!

Lynne

Looks like my guesstimation was not far out - if this site correct. Sundays seem to add 10% ????

Yes, you'd think it would be quieter......I wonder if it has anything to do with the masses going to Ikea that jam up the traffic.......(Actually I am one of them.....love Ikea....but not putting things together!)

Yes, you'd think it would be quieter......I wonder if it has anything to do with the masses going to Ikea that jam up the traffic.......(Actually I am one of them.....love Ikea....but not putting things together!)

I'd expect more so on a weekend if our one is anything to go by.

The airport has expanded also in recent years and now has more air traffic flying in and out than it did say a decade ago. So more traffic to and fro from the airport with staff and travellers etc.

Guest edenfieldpoms
    Hello Ednefield Poms,

I was just on here placing a couple items for sale and noticed your post. Im from Whitworth, not far from you, gosh I bet you are soooo glad to be leaving that place and starting your new life here. You have another winter though now, but it will be spring soon enough.....

When we arrived nearly 5 years ago, we arrived very early Sunday morning and we booked a large hire care on line via avis. We preferred it that way rather than natter to a taxi driver. One piece of advice is buy a satnav....it was the best thing we bought moving to a new country, not only did it help us find our way around, we learned the names of places etc. As we both drive we kept the car a few days and took it back as soon as we bought one.

Good luck !!

Lynne

hi Lynne,

you are soo right can't wait to leave here, looking forward to the weather in June, not too hot, will help us climatise hopefully.

we bought a satnav last year with oz maps as we used a map on reccie and that was fun.

thanks april