Cat bitten by snake!

simon@sarah

Ohhhh no, that a LONG time, many trips to Stratco, a metal shard in my partners eye (which started rusting and he had to get help getting out) and one fainting partner when he cut his finger nail. Lol. Far too much stress. It's bloody heavy too. We are moving in a couple of weeks and its going to be a folklift job.

Thanks for the good wishes

well finally got Harley home yesterday, he is not the same cat at the moment, still cant walk properly and has spent the whole time hiding in the robe,hasnt eaten and is very timid. Hoping he recovers to being the same cheeky cat he was.

by their next door neighbours dog which roams the street during the day and got into their garden, it died an awful death and she is devestated but the owner of the dog werent bothered.

So happy to hear The Cat Formerly Known As Harley is home. I am sure he will carry on improving and if he's learned to stay home and away from snakes that can only be a good thing! He's a very lucky kitty to have you guys.:notworthy:

As for the roaming dog, I hope they have spoken to the council. Killing the cat was a terrible, horrific thing to happen and the owners sound as feral as their dog is becoming. Dogs are not supposed to be free to wander where they chose and I am sure the warden would be happy to pay them a visit or pick the dog up from the street. Poor animal :(

LC

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the good wishes

well finally got Harley home yesterday, he is not the same cat at the moment, still cant walk properly and has spent the whole time hiding in the robe,hasnt eaten and is very timid. Hoping he recovers to being the same cheeky cat he was. I think there will always be the arguement between cat and dog owners, we have one of each and like some have said we keep the cat in from 6pm every night. I hope your cat is okay Dianne and i do hate the aussie feeling towards cats...my friends cat on the same day Harley got bitten got killed by their next door neighbours dog which roams the street during the day and got into their garden, it died an awful death and she is devestated but the owner of the dog werent bothered.

by the way we have renamed Harley to 4K!!!

Like LC said, it appears that the dog isn't the only feral animal. The Council should be contacted as under the Dog & Cat Act that dog should not be allowed to roam like that; if it has killed another animal (dog/cat) it will be put down post haste. A few years ago a stray dog killed my King Charles and not only was that dog destroyed but I sued the owners.

I am incensed that there are people like the dogs' owner(s) who feel no sense of responsibility or empathy. Quid pro quo, I say.

And I trust Harley is faring better than before.

Edited by emmie