November Visa Lodge Gang

Ashleigh

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has seemed like an uphill struggle and endless wait, at last our 190 visa granted today! so excited and relieved that we can now plan ahead, planning to fly 9th March, and just wanted say this forum has been fab and such a help, here we come Adelaide X

YAY - huge congratulations =) =)

Where abouts are you heading to?

Got the long awaited email confirming we have been granted our 457 visa. Found out 3:30(UK) this morning and now drinking champagne!

Head spinning as the plan now is to be in Melbourne in three and a half weeks time and then making my way to Adelaide. Handing my notice in tomorrow and booking flights ASAP.

Going to go back to sleep now if I can as up for work in a couple of hours!!!

Guest Spratnat
What has seemed like an uphill struggle and endless wait, at last our 190 visa granted today! so excited and relieved that we can now plan ahead, planning to fly 9th March, and just wanted say this forum has been fab and such a help, here we come Adelaide X

Hi, I just saw your post about getting your visa! Thats wonderful news, so pleased for you. I am waiting for ANMAC to get back to me and then we can put in our EOI! We have had to change our visa plan though and go for a 189 independent visa now instead of the 190 as I didn't realise that the 3 years work experience had to be 3 years of working 20 hours a week and I've always worked part time because of the children. Fortunately though i was able to make up the points i lost with the IELTS test, but a bit worried that the 189 visa isn't as good as going for a 190, priority wise!! Let me know how you get on when you get out to adelaide and hopefully maybe see you out there?!?! Nat x

Hi Nat, thanks we fly out 10th March, very excited and apprehensive. It will happen for you and when it does you will look back and how far you have come, feel free to private message me about anything and will keep posting on here when arrive and set up. When are you doing your other IELTS? Ive heard this situation happen to so many people recently, and it's all just testing you to see if you really want to get to OZ. Good luck X

Guest Spratnat
Hi Nat, thanks we fly out 10th March, very excited and apprehensive. It will happen for you and when it does you will look back and how far you have come, feel free to private message me about anything and will keep posting on here when arrive and set up. When are you doing your other IELTS? Ive heard this situation happen to so many people recently, and it's all just testing you to see if you really want to get to OZ. Good luck X

Hi, I did my test on saturday and I think i did better on this one. Last time my 150 word essay was on 6 pie charts & I just couldn't get my head round all the numbers in the time but this time it was just one bar chart on different modes of transport used for the school run & a essay on health!!! So if i haven't aced this time I never will, lol!!!!!!! So jealous of you flying out next month, so pleased it's out all worked out for you. Have you got a job sorted?

Hi Nat, glad IELTS went better, just the wait now for results, we are excited but apprehensive, still got so much to do, finished work yesterday, quite sad I did love my job, still got to stay focused. No job secured yet, quite difficult till get over there and awaiting AHPRA also. Still hoping to work at flinders NICU, but we shall see, X

Guest Spratnat

I visited flinders and the women and children's health neonatal units when I visited adelaide in october. Flinders was my favourite, good luck with getting a job. APHRA may be taking a while as they have just changed their regulations, did they ask you for any extra information regarding this? Also what extra documents do you need for AHPRA, that you didn't need for ANMAC, as I am going to start trying to get everything together. Not long to go now!!!!!!! Nat x

Hi Nat,

Ah that's nice to know you preferred flinders, I feel im going in completely blind, did you go for look actually around the unit? were they friendly? AHPRA havnt asked me for anything additional at all and I don't see how they can seeing as my application went in mid November 2013 when they are making a change now. Didn't need to add a lot more for AHPRA just a c,v , learning log of CPD, id docs, I topped up my project 2000 to a degree with my neonates course X

Guest Spratnat
Hi Nat,

Ah that's nice to know you preferred flinders, I feel im going in completely blind, did you go for look actually around the unit? were they friendly? AHPRA havnt asked me for anything additional at all and I don't see how they can seeing as my application went in mid November 2013 when they are making a change now. Didn't need to add a lot more for AHPRA just a c,v , learning log of CPD, id docs, I topped up my project 2000 to a degree with my neonates course X

Hi, I found flinders really friendly, I think it helped though that a work colleague of mine used to work there and a lot of them remembered her. It was a lot more like my unit aswell. I found the WCH had a lot of very high intensive care babies, lots of 23+ which really scare me as all ours get transferred out! I did my neonatal course 2 years ago and it gave me an extra 20 credits towards a degree, did your course give you more credits then? I have been putting my CPD together, so hopefully have enough in it. Did you put in reflective statements swell or just study day certificates? Sorry to ask you so many questions when you must be so busy getting ready to move!! Cant wait to see how you get on in oz!! Nat x