TheHarrisonFamily

Is there a new system to renew your UK passport?

Hi All

I need to renew some UK passports. I read all the info previously about downloading the info and having an interview at a designated Australian post office etc.

Now I have come to print off the forms, it looks to me like it can now be done online? There is a link that says to give feedback as this is a 'new service'.

Has anyone else used this, or am I just on the wrong website?

I have entered my details to say I am in Oz and it is a renewel of an existing adult passport and it acutomatically takes you to the page that you need to fill in.

Thanks

in advance

Yes, it changed very recently and is a much easier process. Just fill in the online forms, pay, print them off to sign the declaration and send to Liverpool, Uk. You must send 2 identical passport photos that were done in the last 4 weeks and return your current passport. They estimate 4 weeks. We just did one of ours last week so are waiting on its return.

Hello, please can I ask which website I will find the forms for renewing my children's passports???

just booked a holiday and kids passports ran out in jan.. don't know where to start.

thank you

Carolyn :-)

Just be aware that there is currently a huge backlog at the UK office - there was some talk about having to send ALL your current passports off and with no guarantee of when you'd get them back....hmmmmmmm....

ummm that doesn't sound great...we are flying to Brissy in 10 weeks but as we are only doing a domestic flight do you think we could us the expired passport???

You don't need a passport for internal flights - just photo ID so a driving license is fine :smile:

Guest Claire-n-tel
    But it's the kids passports that's expired... what ID would I need to take for them??

You can use their birth certificates

Guest Claire-n-tel

It has to be the original or a certified copy though....have fun in Brisbane!

There is a new system for renewing uk passports, go to http://www.fco.gov.uk and click on passports. All done online now and you just print out declaration at end and sign and send off to uk and rates have been reduced too ;)

Hope that helps

Julie

Sent off my declaration form etc for my renewal on July 4 and got the passport back on Friday. As well as the declaration form, old passport and photos I had to send colour copies of all pages of the Aussie one I got earlier this year. They really want you to send the actual Aussie passport but may accept colour copies of all pages if you have a reason for not sending the original. I explained I have elderly relatives in the UK and also sometimes need to travel overseas for work and could therefore not be without a valid passport from one country or another.

Sent off my declaration form etc for my renewal on July 4 and got the passport back on Friday. As well as the declaration form, old passport and photos I had to send colour copies of all pages of the Aussie one I got earlier this year. They really want you to send the actual Aussie passport but may accept colour copies of all pages if you have a reason for not sending the original. I explained I have elderly relatives in the UK and also sometimes need to travel overseas for work and could therefore not be without a valid passport from one country or another.

Further to last post, have also now received my old UK passport back today, also by courier, just with corner removed to show invalid (as normal).

Recently did it the 'old-fashioned' way and sent all the papers and old passport back to the UK - would have been done and dusted in less than 6 weeks if only Clive had listened to me and not sent in a 'smiley' picture. He had to send in a new one and the whole process took about 9 weeks.

No good if you need it in a hurry I know but easy enough if you are not in a hurry.