blightys

Guest lollypops1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame really, The battered sausage and chip shop curry sauce were really good, they alone justified my one trip there. I can honestly say it was the best bit of sausage dipping action I've had for years.

If you look in the Asian food aisle in most supermarkets you'll see an oblong box labelled Golden Curry. It's basically just a block of curry sauce that you melt in hot water. Makes a damned good pour-over ;)

Guest Abyss

Not been to this chip shop, but was reading with interest since I've found myself saying 'I should open a chippy in oz' few reasons

1) the chips are tosh (the tats I would blame mostly)

2) the fish, selection and deli presentation is awesome

3) would love to combine the two, but not alienate the aussies and create a fusion!

I'm not in this line of work, and haven't been since I was a teenager in my Dad's business, but have often dreamt of opening my own business of some sort (leaning towards craft beer bar/beach/cafe situation) and sticking one to the man!

If you look in the Asian food aisle in most supermarkets you'll see an oblong box labelled Golden Curry. It's basically just a block of curry sauce that you melt in hot water. Makes a damned good pour-over ;)

and to add if people want authentic english curry sauce then this is what most chippy's use here they also do one without fruit...personally I could live without it and embrace other great food thats about :)