Enough negitivity...We're 1 month in & lovin it!!

Guest MandiMR2

I don't come on the Forum as much as I used to and in part it is because some people can be negative but there are many more that aren't. The thread you pointed out I must have "missed" because it doesn't sound negative to me.....it just sounds like someone was up to mischief because they had nothing better to do with their time than to stir "genuine" people who come on to the forum to receive and give advice, friendship and encouragement. I think that a "Forum Member" needs to be better defined. If members come on here to have a bit of fun (warped fun IMO) then they are not really accepting the tone and purpose of the forum, which I personally think is about being part of a larger "helpful" community.

Surely a public forum is for all views, the tone is set by the posters.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely a public forum is for all views, the tone is set by the posters.

Yes a forum is for all views but not when someone replies to others genuine questions, with short clipped and flippant remarks, said to inflame the conversation rather than help. If it isn't contributing to what the OP is asking about then it is just "making fun" of people (or worse) and the audience. If, (as some people have made the comment on here - this is what the thread is about) people find that "negative" then they don't post on the forum or visit the forum anymore. Who does that benefit? Does it benefit the people who are in genuine need of a response? Does it benefit the owners of the forum if people quit the forum? Who does it leave then on the forum? It doesn't even benefit the ones who are being derogatory because then there is no one left to keep them amused.

I am often short in my responses, as people often ramble and talk rubbish as its gospel whereas short sharp answers can also be positive in correcting others.

I have real issues when people on her come along wanting sympathy (over an event) and then get annoyed when others disagree with them. You can't (well shouldn't) go on a public forum and expect everyone to support what you say, you will get people disagreeing with you.