Smithers

Smeg fridge freezer

Hi everyone/anyone know if I can bring over a smeg fridge freezer? Do our appliances work out in Australia?

thanks for any answers

Sure it will. Be aware Aus fridges tend to be bigger (wider) than the average UK fridge upright fridge freezer though.

Guest Abyss

also the australian domestic fridges i would imagine are designed with bigger compressors and better cooling facilities. I was contemplating bringing or selling (along with loads of other stuff!) our US style big fridge freezer, only a few years old, but it literally decided to die the other day..it must of over heard me...

You can bring it, but you won't be able to plug it in, so your food will thaw out.

So are you saying uk appliances are no good for Australia and won't work?

So are you saying uk appliances are no good for Australia and won't work?

No I'm not saying that, I just couldn't get the plug to go into the electrical socket on the wall. Even if I hit it with a hammer.

Ended up accidentally making a hole in the wall so I had to knock through and go open plan.

Then I realized all I had to do was change the plug. By then it was too late.

No I'm not saying that, I just couldn't get the plug to go into the electrical socket on the wall. Even if I hit it with a hammer.

Ended up accidentally making a hole in the wall so I had to knock through and go open plan.

Then I realized all I had to do was change the plug. By then it was too late.

Your kidding us right! :policeman:seems more like a sketch from the 'young ones', or a Rodney/Del boy one:biglaugh: