Guest tintre

payment of second applicant for visa

Guest tintre

Hi, i was wondering if anyone can clarify something for me......

reading when to make payment for a visa (489) it states that initial applicant payment payable at time of application. It then reads to me that second/additional payment for additional applicant is payable before visa is granted, this meaning you can pay a little down the line. If this is the case i prefer to do this as would help me out over next 6 weeks or so.

can anyone clarify or had experience of this

thanks in advance

What visa are you applying for?

not everyone pays the second fee, for skilled visas it is only if the second applicant does not have good enough English.

The fee is paid at the end of processing if due at all.

Not sure if a 189 is different to 489 skilled visa - second applicant costs half of the first applicant and then our daughter was half again. You don't have to pay all at once but yep you can't get a visa until you have - you are invited to apply and then have a set amount of time to pay - sorry not sure how long. The rules changed just as we were applying In July 2013 and all on the visa now pay regardless of English. I think they can change fee structure every July though so keep an eye out. Not sure if that makes sense/helps?

Are you talking about initial application fees for the visa for secondary applicants or the second instalment?

the visa application fees for most visas are taken when the visa is lodged.

it would help if you gave more info on the type of visa and who is included.

Guest tintre

yes im main applicant with additional applicant on a 489 visa. im confused as i know i pay at time of application, i also know there is application fee for him as he is on mine. However it reads to me that his fee is not payable immediately but prior to visa grant. No he is not paying the extra that is required for english skills he does not need to, his english is fine along with having ielts to verify this.

so its that im not sure about......me as main applicant pays at time of lodgement for visa, do i pay his app fee at same time or not?Thankyou for reply apologies it was not clear at the time

Guest tintre
    Hi tintre

We had to pay it all up front $7,920 that was me my wife and 3 kids 16/13/2 hope this helps.

Thank you it does,i see your doing the 489 any idea how long it will take to be granted for yourselves

Hi tintre

The 489 and 190 visas have been oversubscribed so there aren't many left to hand out as they can't go over their quota.

I think it could be July before we see our visa when the new financial year starts.

Good luck with your application