Guest Guest75

Why Adelaide is the most underrated city in Australia.

Lol I cracked up when I see that SEXPO advertised on local TV my missus weren't too impressed. I thought this was the city of churches?

Lol I cracked up when I see that SEXPO advertised on local TV my missus weren't too impressed. I thought this was the city of churches?

Lol!

According to a recent article*, Adelaide is actually the city of sex shops, not churches!

We have 5.22 sex shops per 100,000 people, ranking us first in Australia, but only 43.18 churches per 100,000 leaving us in third place nationwide!

As for being the best city, I totally agree!

I love living here so much. :wubclub:

LC

(*which I think might have been mentioned on PiA before, but here it is anyway http://www.news.com.au/travel/australiasbestcitycomau-says-adelaide-is-not-the-city-of-churches-after-all/story-e6frfq7r-122683770382)

Guest ColinOz

When you find a job there, Adelaide could be an amazing city, but without a job even heaven can be hell

I'm hearing a lot of this at the MO. Someone on the forum tell me that you have worked for more than 5 minutes! Or even at all!

When you find a job there, Adelaide could be an amazing city, but without a job even heaven can be hell

Sad, but true.

I hope you -and Kennyken - find something soon.

LC

PS. I have always had work. It hasn't always been my first choice, my hours and contracts haven't necessarily been what I would like, and there hasn't often been any guarantee or feeling of job security but.... At the moment I do think things are harder. I know heaps of kids that haven't found work as well as adults who are hanging on to their jobs by their fingernails, have had to accept additional work responsibilities to be able to keep heir jobs, or are doing work they would once have had labourers do. That's not to say there's no work, just that like many other places, it might be harder for some.

Edited by Lazy Cow

Guest Guest75
    Lol!

According to a recent article*, Adelaide is actually the city of sex shops, not churches!

We have 5.22 sex shops per 100,000 people, ranking us first in Australia, but only 43.18 churches per 100,000 leaving us in third place nationwide!

As for being the best city, I totally agree!

I love living here so much. :wubclub:

LC

(*which I think might have been mentioned on PiA before, but here it is anyway http://www.news.com.au/travel/australiasbestcitycomau-says-adelaide-is-not-the-city-of-churches-after-all/story-e6frfq7r-122683770382)

The sex shop at the bottom of the hill on South Road,just before you turn off to Marion always makes me titter (oooeer - Frankie Howard moment). A large sign proclaims "Front and rear entrance" Something to do with parking apparently but my mind wanders ................snigger. I get a thwack arong the ear every time from Mrs Tyke..

The sex shop at the bottom of the hill on South Road,just before you turn off to Marion always makes me titter (oooeer - Frankie Howard moment). A large sign proclaims "Front and rear entrance" Something to do with parking apparently but my mind wanders ................snigger. I get a thwack arong the ear every time from Mrs Tyke..

Maybe you should visit a different shop? !!!:biglaugh:

Guest BurgessFamily

How can it be underrated? I thought it was ranked #1 for affordability and standard of living?