house sit just fallen through, help, any ideas?????

Fotherespie

Hello, we have just arrived in Adelaide, literally 3 hours ago. We had a 3 month house sit arranged starting next week and they have just emailed to say they've changed their minds! (Thanks for doing that on our first night!). We now need to find a rental megga fast or another sit. Can anyone suggest where we start? I'm feeling a bit sick due to our sudden need for extra budget!

God thats terrible for you especially on top of alk the stress of leaving the uk. You poor guys! Try Email all the estate agents on real estate.com & explain how desperate you are & need rental asap. There is a brit who owns a motel in port noarlunga who has large rooms with cooking facilities & he has a good rate it's called coast view. That might give you some breathing space. Try gumtree as well for private rentals. Renting is quick here we found the house on the Monday & moved in on the Friday so im confident you'll find somewhere. Let me know if you need any other help. Good luck xx

Thanks Guys, that's really helpful. We're a little like the walking dead today. I'll definitely email the agents directly, also if anyone knows of any helpful facebook groups for adelaide that may help as I'm thinking perhaps if there are any private landlords around they could be easier?