Help! How do I get dried oil out of drive

candt

Guest Claire-n-tel

If it is dried in you will probably never get it out but try a driveway degreaser (bunnings sell it)

for future ref always try to soak up with absorbent paper straight away, blot don't rub, then scrub with washing up liquid and really hot water

Claire is absolutely right.

A degreaser will remove the grease / oil from concrete and pavers but because they are porous the stain goes into the surface and can't be removed. Even high pressure cleaners won't work. Things like hydrochloric acid will etch the surface and remove some of the residue (according to hubby who works at Bunnings) but will damage pavers.

I have some stains on my driveways from old kronks with oil leaks and can't get the marks off.

Guest Guest14361
Does anyone know the best way to remove oil spots from a block paving drive.

We rent and the inspection is due soon, so in a bit of a panic

might be cheaper and less hassle than buying solvents/cleaning stuff......just replace the pavers or even better........turn them over

Thank you so much for your replies. Great response as always :-)

Tried the degreaser and it worked a bit, I'm going to try the coke but think I should get a wire brush too.

I've been googling and it looks like Carb cleaner might do it, so will try that if the coke doesn't work.

Then if all else fails turn them over ( Thanks Nobby and Scooterdan)