Does adelaide offer a beach lifestyle? (silly question?!)

Guest Marmite1

Hiya Marmite........... although you might want to embrace Vegemite..........!

Some of the best and most "active" beaches are south of the city so your proximity to work is going to be a killer for you.

It's going to be a compromise!!!

The city and north of city beaches are still pretty good though Tyke... If you ended up living north to be close to Elizabeth I'd be pretty happy having Semaphore as my nearest beach!

Guest Guest75
The city and north of city beaches are still pretty good though Tyke... If you ended up living north to be close to Elizabeth I'd be pretty happy having Semaphore as my nearest beach!

Aye ,Semaphore is not bad come to think of it!

I just find the city beaches a bit flat and boring.

Guest Guest75
Has the beach you live near got any sand yet, or is it still a copy of (UK) Brighton? :biglaugh:

Also, what' beach anywhere in the world isn't flat? :biglaugh:

Har,har. I like Hallett Cove beach as it has the cliffs, rock pools and a fair bit of interesting features..

Guest Marmite1

Is there any suburbs north that you or anyone else would recommend if we did decide to go north if we choose adelaide? Have had a quick look on one of those neighbourhood reviews websites and Elizabeth doesn't seem particularly savoury! But munno parra didn't have any negative reviews and seems quite reasonable price wise....

Is there any suburbs north that you or anyone else would recommend if we did decide to go north if we choose adelaide? Have had a quick look on one of those neighbourhood reviews websites and Elizabeth doesn't seem particularly savoury! But munno parra didn't have any negative reviews and seems quite reasonable price wise....

I personally would go north east or north west rather just north. Either near the coast around Semaphore, which is getting a bit pricey, but there are some good buys in my opinion in surrounding suburbs such as Birkenhead, Largs Bay, Exeter, Peterhead. It's one of those areas with lovely pockets and pretty shabby pockets so beware... but some gorgeous old houses and a lovely beach at Sempahore and Largs. You could also look North East - check out Athelstone, Highbury etc - I don't know much about these areas but they are very pretty - totally different surroundings, very leafy.

And I'm sure I'll get slammed by someone for saying this, but I would totally avoid Elizabeth, Salisbury and any suburb with 'para' in it and immediate surrounds. Sure there are some nicer areas nearby but my preference would definitely be north west or north eastern suburbs - depending on if you prefer being closer to the coast or the hills.

Finally, you could also consider going much further north to almost country and looking at the Barossa, and community south to Elizabeth... but again a totally different lifestyle.

You also asked how far the drive is to Melbourne - about 8 hours straight through. I have done it a couple of times but usually fly.