How can I contact DIBP to inquire about visa

Bayfords

Hi there

Does anyone know how you can contact the DIBP by phone as to see how our visa application is coming along, I can't find the number to call from the uk !!:confused: Only the austaralian internal number.

we completed our medicals on the 15th sept and are waiting for 190 visa. I must say this part has been the most stressful with everything on hold, we have everything ready and the kids are excited but no dates are set. If I have to explain to one more person that we are still waiting for visas and no we haven't set a date yet I'm gonna :arghh::arghh: ... I keep looking at other threads on here and looking at there dates and thinking ours should be here soon we did all that before them !!! Check our emails regularly and immi site and NOTHING...we would so love to be out there for Christmas ..

• 1 month later...

My experience when I called them after waiting for the grant decision for some weeks after the medical I was told simply to wait. And that afyer being on hold for like close to an hour. If your medicals habe gone through mayne check on the website to see if there are any updates on the 190 quota allocation. Our medicals were done just as the quota was being reached so they were granting only a few at a time in line with how many allocations were still available

Guest Rach01484
Hi there

Does anyone know how you can contact the DIBP by phone as to see how our visa application is coming along, I can't find the number to call from the uk !!:confused: Only the austaralian internal number.

we completed our medicals on the 15th sept and are waiting for 190 visa. I must say this part has been the most stressful with everything on hold, we have everything ready and the kids are excited but no dates are set. If I have to explain to one more person that we are still waiting for visas and no we haven't set a date yet I'm gonna :arghh::arghh: ... I keep looking at other threads on here and looking at there dates and thinking ours should be here soon we did all that before them !!! Check our emails regularly and immi site and NOTHING...we would so love to be out there for Christmas ..

hey I know exactly how you are feeling... Ring 020 7420 3690 that's the australian embassy in UK, really helpful with me but they only accept calls 1-3pm (I think that's the time)

good luck x

Hi Rach01484, being in the same position as the Bayfords, did the Australian Embassy in London give you useful feedback on how your visa was progressing? I have contacted them before re other things and they were very good, but didn't know if they could tell me anything new about my visa application? Would love to know, as I'll phone them tomorrow if you think they can tell me anything. Thanks :smile:

p.s. Hope you hear soon Bayfords, I know exactly how you feel!

Hi we recieved our visas.....:smile: Just had to wait it out we called the Australia house in London but they couldn't help, there's no number to call the DIBP directly, we even emailed a few sites just to receive an automated response...so in our experience don't waist your time trying to contact them just try and relax and they will contact you...easily said now we've got out visas I know but I do feel we stressed out far too much trying to find out !! Good luck to everyone still waiting hopefully not too long now xx

Ahh congratulations to you too...we've booked flights for March, just trying to sort out either furnished accomodation or hotel for the first few weeks or get our container to go earlier and then we've only got to sort out a rental. My partner is going out a few weeks before us to do a course so he can sort out the rental..he's staying with friends but there's 6 of us so wouldn't dream of staying with friends lol it wouldn't be fare on them..

when are you planning on going and how are u getting on .