Investing in property (split thread)

Diane

Guest Guest75

Anyone else following this and another similar thread with incredulity??

Here is someone "talking down to" posters regarding property investment.

Most of us who have done OK are not going to be off giving free advice to everyone, we worked hard , saved and planned.

Never do I read these articles about "what's hot in property" and so on..............

It is very entertaining!

Who could have foreseen that the Onkaparinga council would have introduced a policy of medium density development. The power of hindsight! If I had bought run down plots or shacks and held them for a few years I would have made a fortune. The properties that I have are now worth more if I demolish them and build multiple homes on the plots!

I would say beachfront in O Sullivan's Angus. I looked at the area a few years ago and I know someone who rents there. It's changing, but slowly.

An alternative would be a syndicate to buy beachfront Christies or Port Noarlunga...demolish and develop. If only!

Ok so I am in Norwood you can pay a million for a block here and expect to knock the house down. Rose Park new semis on split blocks selling, yes selling for 1.5 mil. Will always be popular because of cose to city plus the Parade. Wish we had bought here years ago.

plenty of million pound houses here. My money is on the south west corner of the city for capital growth in the next 5 years.