Bread making

cardmakerex65

Our Coles in McLaren Vale sells big sacks of bread flour - Wallaby and another variety that I can't remember. I know there are lots of bread mixes available - Laucke in particular.

I usually use the sachets of yeast but last time I bought a large canister of Lowan's baker's yeast - again from Coles. The only thing I haven't been able to find is a good strong brown flour, but I haven't looked terribly hard...

Okay been searching around ready for our move looking at prices of food etc...

Now I make all my own food from scratch including bread.

I can't find where online ie big supermarkets that sells bread flour and yeast.

Can anyone give me the heads up please.

Thank you

Hi cardmakerex65:

Coles Supermarkets sell strong bread flour under the label 'Lighthouse'. They also sell pizza and biscuit flours, so you'll be in Flour Heaven when you get here and start shopping for ingredients! I expect Woolies (Woolworths) sell bread flours, too, but can't say for sure as I do all my grocery shopping at Coles (where you get 'Flybuys' loyalty points on every dollar spent, but Woolies only start awarding their 'Everyday Rewards' loyalty points after a minimum spend of $30!) I wish you all the very best for your new life in Oz!

Thanks everyone. You have all been really helpful and put my mind at rest that I will be able to continue making the bread,

Had a couple of weeks of shop bought bread because I went down with flu and the kids and hubby all put large amounts of weight on and it really did not fill them up in the same way as homemade. The children have said they are so pleased I am fit to make bread again!!!

Looking forward to a new life in Adelaide, just waiting for the visa to come through still!!