Macca

Can I put paint in to the Shipping Container?

we are organising our container, just want to know if I can put paint in the shipping container, not flammable, can't find it on immigration site!

one agent said as long as it is not flammable, and another said you can't take any!!

What kind of paint? Are you talking about big tins of Dulux type paint or tubes of artists paint, and are they open or new?

I'm not sure. If it turns out you can. I'd say opened ones would be a no go. Perhaps its at shippers discretion if unopened ones are carried. Check shipping insurance on this also perhaps?

I did a bit of looking online and I found this from a NZ shipping website over what cannot be imported into Australia. Because I am using Aus search it isn't bringing up UK results for me (unless I am more specific and I am on my way out and don't have time). Also, if in doubt, contact the Aus customs direct via email and state exactly what you want to ship.

Also note the following items that CANNOT be shipped or stored include:

Flammables including: petroleum products, matches, ammunition and explosives, fireworks, aerosol cans, lighter fluids, paints (art paint can only be shipped if non flammable and not liquid), thinners etc. Gas bottles can only be shipped if they have been purged professionally and a certificate supplied. Petrol cans can be shipped if they have been emptied, cleaned out with detergent and allowed to air out.

Another NZ website says

• We will not carry dangerous goods such as paint, aerosol, poisons, fuel or flammable liquids, dispose of these or arrange alternative transportation.

they re waterbased varnishes and waterbased polymers some new and some opened

Are they for inside or outside?

I have a family member who works at a paint store. The exterior varnishes are specially formulated for the harsh Australian conditions.(high UV protection)

Just wondering whether they would be suitable?

Guest Guest14361

Think we sell that sort of stuff here, is it worth the risk or expense of sending it