alexandkaren

what to pack or not

If you are flying out in the not too distant future then pack autumn/winter clothing and some lighter things as it may well warm up again before getting colder. If you don't need the winter woolies outside you'll appreciate them inside ;) (unless your house has a good heating system and even then you may still find you are chucking them on in the morning).

You probably won't find winter here anything close to the UK type winter but houses are poorly insulated here. I've yet to wear a thick winter coat tbh but appreciate my fleece sweaters.

Having said that we could all be running round in jeans and tee shirts for another month. Cover your bases :)

Yeah I would agree, my two are still swimming in the sea at the moment though, jeans and shirt weather for us, but now and again needing light jackets x

Given that you will be without the rest of your stuff for 9 or 10 weeks definitely bring your winter gear. It's not too bad at the moment but will start to get colder in the next few weeks. Like Snifter says it probably won't feel too bad outside but you will be grateful for warm clothes inside in the evenings and mornings. Of course you can always buy anything you haven't packed if you really need to - one of my first clothing purchases here was a big fluffy dressing gown from Kmart that I wear over my clothes on winter evenings.

The big difference in the weather here compared with the UK is the difference between the overnight lows and daytime highs can be huge (up to 20C difference at times). This means that at this time of year it can be freezing in the morning, very warm by about 2pm and then cold again in the evening.

Edited by NicF
    Added a bit.

It was raining here in the adelaide hills last night. Very cool too. 13 degrees at 6:00pm. That was outside and inside the house. If we had central heating I would have put it on.