What's On? Gigs and events Adelaide.

"Sooo excited I could crush a grape" (for those of the same vintage as me who remember Crackerjack).

For the first time ever, EUROPE (Final Countdown, Carrie etc) are coming to Australia in 2018, playing Thebby on May 18. Got our tickets last night. Saw them three times in the UK, first at Hammersmith in about 1986, which I still class as the best gig I've ever been to, then in 2004 and 2006 after they reunited. It's the same line up as from their big successes of the mid 80s. Some may only know the poodle rock days of Final Countdown but they were a seriously good live rock band every time I saw them. Can't wait.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 8:27 AM, Burgermesiter said:

"Sooo excited I could crush a grape" (for those of the same vintage as me who remember Crackerjack).

For the first time ever, EUROPE (Final Countdown, Carrie etc) are coming to Australia in 2018, playing Thebby on May 18. Got our tickets last night. Saw them three times in the UK, first at Hammersmith in about 1986, which I still class as the best gig I've ever been to, then in 2004 and 2006 after they reunited. It's the same line up as from their big successes of the mid 80s. Some may only know the poodle rock days of Final Countdown but they were a seriously good live rock band every time I saw them. Can't wait.

Really that good? Am tempted to go based upon your recommendation... Will see if the OH is up to going!

I had to drag him to the Stevie Nicks / Pretenders show at Adelaide botanical park a few weeks ago and he absolutely refuses to go to the Leconfield (A day on the green) this weekend (KC and the Sunshine band, Village People, Sister Sledge etc).

One of the best concerts I have ever been to was a Foreigner concert at the Good Hope Centre in Cape Town many many years ago (1991 I think). They are maybe going to tour Oz again next year...

Don't you just hate it when you buy tickets for an event only to find them discounted as the event gets nearer!

Anyway...I have tickets to see The Human League but they are now discounted! Concert is next Monday the 11th.

There are a couple of other shows discounted too....

Lasttix
thumb_12038_default_big.jpeg
Richard O’Brien’s The Rocky Horror Show
Festival Theatre, Adelaide Festival Centre
Select performances 28 December - 3 January
Get ready for a night of fun, frolics and frivolity in this thrilling production of Richard O’Brien’s classic original script! Starring Craig McLachlan as the scandalous Frank N Furter with Cameron Daddo and Peter Goers as the Narrator.

$79.90* SPECIAL • SAVE UP TO $40
eaca04aa414cd068598ced0d71689726f16ae063
The Human League
Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide
7PM, Mon 11 December
David Bowie famously said of The Human League "I have seen the future of pop music” and he wasn’t wrong. The Human League have become pop icons in their own lifetime, releasing smash hit singles, 'Don't You Want Me', 'Love Action (I Believe in Love)' and more!

NEXT WEEK • ALL TICKETS NOW $59*
b6393d7a886c902ecc39b52086a0d1c42f4a1a03
KC & The Sunshine Band, Village People and Sister Sledge
Leconfield Wines, McLaren Vale
2:30PM, Sat 9 December
Get set to put on your boogie shoes and party when disco legends KC & The Sunshine Band, Village People and Sister Sledge with special guest Marcia Hines perform at a day on the green.

50% OFF • ON THIS SATURDAY
060fb46e4208905d1ce2cae91fb58b01c650c2f3
Texas
The Gov, Hindmarsh, Adelaide
7:30PM, Thu 14 Decemer
UK hitmakers Texas are heading to Australia this December for the first time in 20 years. Hear their new single 'Let's Work it Out' along with some of the '90s biggest anthems like 'I Don't Want a Lover', 'Say What You Want' and more!

$59* SPECIAL • SAVE 30%
3240e73a58eb79ff9bda4ff9a4975ca32d6b3255
Celtic Woman – Voices of Angels
Adelaide Entertainment Centre Theatre
7:30PM, Tue 13 February 2018
International musical sensation Celtic Woman will return to Australia with their brand new tour, Voices of Angels. Accompanied by a talented group of musicians and dancers, the world-class performing collective celebrates Ireland's rich music and cultural heritage, bringing a fresh fusion to centuries of musical and cultural tradition.

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL • SAVE 30%

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2017 at 7:56 AM, Tamara (Homes Down Under) said:

Really that good? Am tempted to go based upon your recommendation... Will see if the OH is up to going!

I had to drag him to the Stevie Nicks / Pretenders show at Adelaide botanical park a few weeks ago and he absolutely refuses to go to the Leconfield (A day on the green) this weekend (KC and the Sunshine band, Village People, Sister Sledge etc).

One of the best concerts I have ever been to was a Foreigner concert at the Good Hope Centre in Cape Town many many years ago (1991 I think). They are maybe going to tour Oz again next year...

Europe sound quite a bit heavier live than they did back on vinyl in the 80s and some of the more recent stuff they've done is definitely more heavy rock than some of the early stuff, but i love 'em.

Also going to Foo Fighters on Jan 23.

Gutted my favourite Blues guitarist Robert Cray is at The Gov the same night as Europe play Thebby. Any other night and I'd be there. Saw him support Tina Turner in London in about 1987 and he was great. He came back on stage with her towards the end of her set and then she announced another good friend of hers was in the crowd and had asked if he could play a couple of songs with them. Never said who it was and didn't need to when Eric Clapton stepped up.

We've been getting back into 70s, 80s disco stuff recently by going to Disco Inferno at The British Working Mens Club. Four discos there in Feb and Mar are part of this year's Fringe.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you're looking for a good, old fashioned British singalong with all the hits from the 60's & 70's then don't miss Singalong Adelaide on Sat 21st April at the Goodwood institute theatre on Goodwood Rd ( opposite the Capri cinema )

You'll hear your favourites from Cilla, Dusty and the Beatles etc...

The lyrics will be up on the big screen so you can sing along with ease.

Come and meet other British folk and make new friends.

Contact Jim on 0418 818 443 or Chris on 0413 533 118 for more details.

Alex from the Borderers will be the lead singer this month & Jim from the Borderers will be the guitarist.

See you there 

• 1 year later...

Hi All. I have recently moved to Australia. I was working in IT sector for 7 years however I have decided to fulfil my dreams by doing what I always wanted to do and started my youtube channel.  You can have a look at my content and can join if they find it interesting. Thank you:)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbPoOPklusR_8iVWo2TRNg/videos