Andrew from Vista Financial

Suggestions please

Hi

I am looking for some suggestions for something to do at the weekend probably Sunday, wait for it............with an 8 month old in tow??

Recently we went to the zoo, although she was more interested in watching our friends kids run around and the Morphett Vale miniature railway, she seemed to like that also she does swimming on a Saturday so that's out.

Thanks, still trying to get to grips with this kid thing, lol

What about the Oaklands wetlands?

http://www.marion.sa.gov.au/oaklands-wetland

https://www.marion.sa.gov.au/page.aspx?u=701&c=635

Little ones usually love seeing the ducks and pottering around (or sitting in pushchair/sling and looking out). Ours being older still loves to see the wildlife there, even if we only stay an hour.

Could then also head over Glenelg way and have a walk along the beach perhaps? Not too far away from each other.

Edited by snifter
    added a bit

Hi Andrew,

If you are passing through Old Reynella you could feed the ducks by the St Francis winery (the hotel behind the IGA).

There's the Popeye boat on the Torrens...

Our local Play n Fun (Beach Road, Christies) is always popular as is Jubilee Park in Port Noarlunga....have fun and take a camera:smile:

Hi

I am looking for some suggestions for something to do at the weekend probably Sunday, wait for it............with an 8 month old in tow??

Recently we went to the zoo, although she was more interested in watching our friends kids run around and the Morphett Vale miniature railway, she seemed to like that also she does swimming on a Saturday so that's out.

Thanks, still trying to get to grips with this kid thing, lol

If you are wanting to go a long way then :idea: I would recommend the use of a chain rather than a rope:shocked:

Thanks guys

We have decided on the Popeye boat for Sunday am (avoiding the AFL hooligans in the arvo, lol).

The Oaklands wetlands in definitely on the list for next time we are not far from there anyway :)

So Keith and Linda since the City is only around 25 mins from us and rope will do :nah:

Thanks guys

We have decided on the Popeye boat for Sunday am (avoiding the AFL hooligans in the arvo, lol).

You could then take a wander through the Botanic gardens, go visit the fish pond (and its huge fish) and ducks there too. Also some lovely birds around (the lorikeets bathing at the fountain are always a joy) and lots of colours/things to catch a baby's eye and keep them occupied while you wander :) They seem to enjoy being moving and seeing the world a bit at that age don't they :)

Funnily enough my initial suggestion to Stacey was to go to the Botanic gardens and then have a picnic in the Botanic park so I reckon that this works out really well.

Yes I took her to feed the ducks the other day locally and she was fascinated, you are right she is just getting to the stage now where she is mesmerized when birds fly past, it's great to see :)