Places to Stay

north

Hi,

We want to visit Adelaide in October for a weeks reccie ahead of moving and are looking for an apartment/house to rent for 10 days while we are there to avoid staying in a hotel and would appreciate any recommendations on places to stay.  I've looked on Airbnb and I'm not a great fan having been burnt once before so looking for some personal recommendations.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich

I wouldn't write airbnb off completely.  We stayed in a lovely house through airbnb, just outside the CBD.  Not cheap (insurance company were paying) but very well set up for a holiday stay.  We also stayed in an apartment actually in the CBD just off Rundle Street, also through airbnb.  We've also used it for accommodation in the UK, elsewhere in SA and Port Douglas.  Stayz.com.au is another website worth having a look at.  I prefer airbnb these days though as you have the reviews section and if a place is not suitable you can call them and they will find you an alternative place to stay.

Alternatively have a look at the accommodation section on here.  @Tamara (Homes Down Under) has several places for rent and may have something suitable for your dates.  I believe her places are around the Port Noarlunga area, so not really central for exploring all of the different areas around Adelaide, but a lovely area to be in.

• Like 2

Agree with seeing if Tamara has anything available then. As said, her properties are down south, Port Noarlunga way and other suburbs. But she may have something to suit. Or one of our other members with rentals. 

https://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/32-rentals-available/

Check Stayz perhaps also? Some of the usual suspects area wise, Glenelg (handy for tram into CBD and nice area for a holiday in terms of Jetty Rd, beaches, cafes etc. Brighton, Henley Beach and maybe some of the coastal suburbs heading down south. Or around the CBD. Or up in the hills a bit if you have a car and want some peace and quiet. 

FWIW its the spring school holidays the first couple of weeks of October and many places will be booked out over that period. And the prices may increase during that time a bit too. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much for mentioning me!

So sorry for being so quiet these last few weeks...family stuff steals your time!

I do have from the 16th to the 28th of October in my Seaview house in Port Noarlunga.

There are so many good Airbnb and Stayz properties around and tourism a major factor in our local economy...

image.thumb.png.8d9e690781bb808ca4b2e64ef2f03e1a.png