Changing state on 489 and living in different regional area

Samm

Sorry guys for this old and unsolved mystery as lodgement date is getting close I am becoming more and more nervous because I moved from regional nsw to SA is it going to be a problem? Anyone who is in same boat or have landed on shore. Please guide

12 hours ago, Samm said:

Hi wrussell

i was sponsored by orana region of nsw I did get release letter or relocation letter from them

Me too, sponsored by one of RDA in NSW but never been there. My 489 visa was granted onshore but 2 weeks later I got a full time job offer from a resort outside the region (chef occupation). I accepted and forwarded it to the RDA and they  gave me release letter straight away.

• Thanks 1

Sorry guys for this old and unsolved mystery as lodgement date is getting close I am becoming more and more nervous because I moved from regional nsw to SA is it going to be a problem? Anyone who is in same boat or have landed on shore. Please guide

Did you get a release from NSW regional department?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have release

On 13/04/2018 at 10:29 PM, 11Dec2015 said:

Me too, sponsored by one of RDA in NSW but never been there. My 489 visa was granted onshore but 2 weeks later I got a full time job offer from a resort outside the region (chef occupation). I accepted and forwarded it to the RDA and they  gave me release letter straight away.

Have you got your 887 permanent? 

On 4/13/2018 at 6:29 PM, 11Dec2015 said:

Hello,

Getting an offer from different region other than the sponsored state, seems to be a fair reason to ask for a release. But what happens at the time of applying for 887?The visa condition of 887 clearly states that the applicant must live and work in the sponsored state/region.. Can someone give more info on this? may be post relevant links or related forum posts?

Thanks in advance. !! 

21 minutes ago, 11Dec2015 said:

I ever read on thread "887 - what's the update ?" one guy who did not get "release letter" and live in another region able to secure PR after 2 years stay and 1 year work in another regional area

So did he get PR even without release letter?

On 13/04/2018 at 9:44 AM, TakeItOnTheChin said:

It is not a problem, as long as you lived and worked in regional post codes for the required periods

Hi mate you seem very confident with your response. You must have evidence to support please share if you don't mind.

Yes I know quite a few couples and friends who have moved regions and states on 489 visas, without permission letters and have received their 887 PR's. The legislation allows movement between regions as per the stipulated post codes. I was sponsored by Northern Inland in NSW but moved to the Mid-North Coast where I had a job offer. Before that I got advice from a lawyer in order to be confident about the move

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2018 at 10:42 AM, Samm said:

Hi wrussell

i was sponsored by orana region of nsw I did get release letter or relocation letter from them

Hi Samm, 

I too got state sponsorship by Orana region, NSW. I am working in Tasmania. I need to request release letter from Orana. Is there a sample letter or a template to follow? 

Hello everyone, 

I got state sponsorship by Orana region, NSW. I am working in Tasmania. I need to request release letter from Orana. Is there a sample letter or a template to follow? 

Please kindly help me. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/13/2018 at 10:29 PM, 11Dec2015 said:

I am on same boat sponsored by murray regional area NSW but first 9 months in Adelaide and moved to murray region NSW but getting scared I am on bridging visa.

My agent said its not a problem unless you live and work in regional area of Australia

Reading many blogs from different immi agent on their website and Face book posts some of them said its not a problem in regional area and some said you have to live in the same state and regional area sponsored you.

tried to get release letter for murray region but they said government stopped giving release letter

On 5/3/2018 at 8:36 PM, Vinay said:

Hello everyone, 

I got state sponsorship by Orana region, NSW. I am working in Tasmania. I need to request release letter from Orana. Is there a sample letter or a template to follow? 

Please kindly help me. 

•  

I tried to get release letter from murray regional areas but they said government orders to stop giving letters.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/13/2018 at 12:32 AM, Samm said:

Did you get your 887 grant, without any issues?