887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

If you look into spreadsheet link on expat forum for timeline (high risk) country u will notice a big change, most of them got their grants and people from 2014 as well getting their grants.

I can tell you for sure that there's something diffetent between those subclasses in expatforum (mostly 189 and 190) getting their grants vs 887 subclass.

It seems like DIBP or ASIO or Both rate 887 as lower priority against other subclasses..atleast thats my best guess based on my observation.

I can tell you for sure that there's something diffetent between those subclasses in expatforum (mostly 189 and 190) getting their grants vs 887 subclass.

It seems like DIBP or ASIO or Both rate 887 as lower priority against other subclasses..atleast thats my best guess based on my observation.

@sugarboy, I think so. Still plenty of people left from early 2013.

Hi guys,

Applied from 489 to 887 through email cause having a error on 13/02/2015 but its 5th day already Buy still there is no ackowledgement letter and no money hasnt been deducted , is it normal or i can call immi to advise that i have applied through email.

any suggestion pls

If you look into spreadsheet link on expat forum for timeline (high risk) country u will notice a big change, most of them got their grants and people from 2014 as well getting their grants.

Can you please confirm that people got 887 or other visas. .I believe dibp is working on 189 and 190 visas only. .

They are sleeping for 887..because they know that we are here and paying taxes and not going anywhere so why should they care..

I agree with you ...we are the lowest priority because we are already serving this country and paying taxes. .they want new servents from overseas so that is why they are working hard on off shore visas...

Hi guys,

Applied from 489 to 887 through email cause having a error on 13/02/2015 but its 5th day already Buy still there is no ackowledgement letter and no money hasnt been deducted , is it normal or i can call immi to advise that i have applied through email.

any suggestion pls

I got my acknowledgment the next day. .may be wait some more days and then call them. .

Will you please give the link?...........Thanks

I agree with you ...we are the lowest priority because we are already serving this country and paying taxes. .they want new servents from overseas so that is why they are working hard on off shore visas...

But new 887 applicants are getting result quicker.

Hi All

I applied for 887 visa on 16/12/2014

co asked for form 1221 and form 80 for me and for my wife on 22/01/2015

I submitted them on 7/02/2015.

However, till now I didn't receive grant letter from them. Usually how long will they take to process the application once the required documents are submitted? kindly if any of you have the same experience, please share it.

thank you

Hello dharamravi.....how are you mate? I am also sailing in same boat like you n uploaded all dox on 9th of February. So just wondering if you have got any revert back from your CO? Thanks

I need some help from you guys regarding my 887...I applied on 26th dec n CO allocated on 4th of feb..Unfortunately I lodged application through one agent who was known to me. But he kept me in dark even when co was allocated n didn't inform me at all n after I came to know about allocation I had word with him n was told to provide him form 80 only n rest of dox are alright n accepted by co...but I was still doubtful n decided to call immigration to inquire about progress of application n to my surprise I was being told by immi that until 9th of feb they haven't received any single document from my side.... so I uploaded dox through immi account. Now the thing is I don't have any idea which documents they had asked for for further progress of my application as he gave his own email id for correspondence. Even he didn't forward me that mail....so guys please suggest me what I can do in this case.... thanks in advance

I need some help from you guys regarding my 887...I applied on 26th dec n CO allocated on 4th of feb..Unfortunately I lodged application through one agent who was known to me. But he kept me in dark even when co was allocated n didn't inform me at all n after I came to know about allocation I had word with him n was told to provide him form 80 only n rest of dox are alright n accepted by co...but I was still doubtful n decided to call immigration to inquire about progress of application n to my surprise I was being told by immi that until 9th of feb they haven't received any single document from my side.... so I uploaded dox through immi account. Now the thing is I don't have any idea which documents they had asked for for further progress of my application as he gave his own email id for correspondence. Even he didn't forward me that mail....so guys please suggest me what I can do in this case.... thanks in advance

1- if you have your TRN go to the following link and check your docs status at the documents checklist page although it is not always necessarily up to date:

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa/

2- If you are unhappy with the agent and would like to withdraw his authority to act on your behalf see following page and fill in Form 956A

http://www.immi.gov.au/FAQs/Pages/i-want-to-change-my-authorised-recipient-what-do-i-need-to-do.aspx

upon notifying IMMI, you might be able to ask them to re-send the previous correspondence to yourself so you would be able to see what has or has not been requested,

Edited by applicant887

Hello dharamravi.....how are you mate? I am also sailing in same boat like you n uploaded all dox on 9th of February. So just wondering if you have got any revert back from your CO? Thanks

Hi Money

I received an email from the CO (17/02/2015) asking me to upload Form 1221 for me as he couldn't locate the file in my immi a/c. Hence I uploaded the same and sent the doc by email attachement also. Since then, I didn't receive any communication from him. Waiting for my golden email still.

Regards

Hi guys,

I applied on Nov 19, 2014 and my case is still not touched yet(status is still in process). I contacted the department by 1300 364 613 this week and was told to wait as the maximum is 6 months and the processing center decided the processing order(as i said many people after me have been granted and the website states it is processed in order). May i request you experienced people if there is a way to speed up the processing?

Appreciate your ideas,

Jackie

All,

The "martin Place Siege Review" has been published and on the page 26 there is a note which I reckon outlines the ASiO's approach to security check for immigration. You can access the report via following link:

https://www.dpmc.gov.au/sites/default/files/publications/170215_Martin_Place_Siege_Review_1.pdf

It indicates: "A security assessment for a visa orcitizenship application may entail extensive investigation or may be limited to checking intelligence holdings" This note somehow justifies that why there is such a huge discrepancy in regards to security checks. As we often hear from immigration that it is 6 to 18 months and no one can tell for sure.

Also keep an eye on the news today as the prime minister is going to announce some news in relation to border protection policies...which hopefully is not going to effect us in a negative way....

All,

The "martin Place Siege Review" has been published and on the page 26 there is a note which I reckon outlines the ASiO's approach to security check for immigration. You can access the report via following link:

https://www.dpmc.gov.au/sites/default/files/publications/170215_Martin_Place_Siege_Review_1.pdf

It indicates: "A security assessment for a visa orcitizenship application may entail extensive investigation or may be limited to checking intelligence holdings" This note somehow justifies that why there is such a huge discrepancy in regards to security checks. As we often hear from immigration that it is 6 to 18 months and no one can tell for sure.

Also keep an eye on the news today as the prime minister is going to announce some news in relation to border protection policies...which hopefully is not going to effect us in a negative way....

I am really very much fed up of all this. ..I will be much happy even if they reject my application because this state of waiting is very hard part. .Every plan of life is stuck only for the visa decision. .i will be able to proceed with life even if they reject it...