887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

having heard nothing from immi is not necessarily good or bad. In your case since the application date is 2nd of Feb i would say you should be expecting communication from immi in couple of weeks and if a document required you will be notified. the current timeline is suggesting that the applicants of around late January are being processed at this stage. good luck and keep us posted.

i applied 26 jan but nothing got yet..i seen some of post they cleared untill 22 jan in 3 we of march then no update

I am not sure if any desperate employer waiting for BVA visa holder... Its disastrous for applicants, its career, its family. We are socially deprived in the name of ESC. We have to wait until doors open otherwise its too suffocating with scars on every waiting soul.

i get my BVA Visa last month when i applied for PR

there is not any restriction in this letter and i can work any where in Australia.

i think we should not concern for this issue

200 % agreed with Edie i applied few jobs on BVA got selected in interviews but when it comes to big organisation , they tell you that they want PR , they dont want to spend training resourses on someone with uncertanity on their visa:( and family suffering because of the delay is not out of question as well. Hatts off to those who are suffering with these delays:(.

hi

i applied 26 jan but not yet get anything from immi.i m fr india.i uploaded all required documents.

and when i seen my online appication there are my parents and my brother name showing in online and showing they need medical but there are not here and not migrating so why they show their name..i contacted immi but they told they r not giving gd answer.told me non migrants name show even they are nt coming but i have frds who applied 887 he told thre is nothing his side.so this reson there deley my file...plz reply me anyone knows anthing about,thnxs

After making some inquiries and a phone call to the immigration a guy that I know has been told by DIBP (not officially but over the phone) that he can make another application without withdrawing the existing application which is now stuck at ESC. This practically means that even though the first application is subjected to ESC there is a chance that the second application won't be through that process.

I am quite surprised by this suggestion. Who knows if this particular employee has just been trying to put him off at the time or giving him a genuine advise?

Any thought guys?

Hi totra,

I made the same mistake by selecting wrong selection for family members (selecting as NON accompanying dependents which is wrong).

I filled up the form 1023 and uploaded the form and then case officer moved the family members to other family members section.

The website is not accessible now so will let you know the exact form which i filled.

I am Iranian applied on 29 Apr 2014 and still waiting for the decision.

Let me know if you need any help

Hi Totra,

I made the same mistake by selecting wrong selection for family members the wrong selection was NON accompanying dependents and it should be Other family members.

To correct this mistake i filled up form 1023 ( please move all NON accompanying dependents to Other family members ) and attached to my case.

A case officer emailed me to confirm that and then after confirmation my family members were no longer on the list for medical test :)

I hope this help you.

@applicant887,

I wanted to apply subclass 189, talked to several immi lawers, everyone said-if I withdraw application, in future whenever I apply in Australia, they will do full security check. Even I wanted to apply New Zeland and Canada, lawers said- now a days, they share information about security. So untill solved this issue, better wait.

And my view is, there is not any concrete rule on this issue. If u want u can try.

Further to my efforts in trying to find out what is going on, I sent an email to the assistant immigration minister 2 weeks ago and yesterday received a response from DIBP's South Australian office . The letter appears to be an official response and basically repeating the same general statements.

887 seems to be a doomed subclass. As soon as the bridging visa is mentioned in a conversation with a mortgage broker or someone like that you get looked at as if you have 2 heads or something. utterly disappointing...

Good news and 2013 applicants does not fit together in any format , 2013 applicants are meant to suffer and suffer only , you wont believe the unjust i have seen with 2013 applicants :( its really painfull to see your fellow forum member saying good bye to you , but you are there to congrats them and wishing them good luck and hiding your stress , pain and trauma , and the question to God " y me " , we 2013 applicants have familys tooo, we are human too just like others, we have a heart too just like others , we are just a joke , a joke which is getting bitter by every passing day :( i wish anyone watching this comment will put there feet in the shoes of 2013 applicants, they will know exactly what i am saying.

i can feel the pain...but not only 2013 applicants but also 2014 applicants are suffering...only people who applied late 2014 got 887...rest ever one is suffering from wait...

actually its not the wait that made me angry...but its a lie that made me angry .....lie was that "you will be granted 887 after two years of residence and one year full time job"...

this was actually a lie...they should have mentioned that you may have to wait another two or more years for security check...

my question is that if they can do our medicals as PR at the time of 475 then why not security check...

any ways at least now we know that develop countries governments also speak a lot of lies ....

200 % agreed with Edie i applied few jobs on BVA got selected in interviews but when it comes to big organisation , they tell you that they want PR , they dont want to spend training resourses on someone with uncertanity on their visa:( and family suffering because of the delay is not out of question as well. Hatts off to those who are suffering with these delays:(.

you are right EID2014... BVA is actually a joke....you cant even get a mobile phone contract on BVA...

3 years working as a full time employee and paying my tax etc...still waiting , they granted my colleague (he's from china) this visa in a week time.

It's a total discrimination.

I don't know what's the problem , what is this security check? nowadays everything is computerized , the 10 months or more security check is nonsense.

Edited by againstthewind

Hi totra,

I made the same mistake by selecting wrong selection for family members (selecting as NON accompanying dependents which is wrong).

I filled up the form 1023 and uploaded the form and then case officer moved the family members to other family members section.

The website is not accessible now so will let you know the exact form which i filled.

I am Iranian applied on 29 Apr 2014 and still waiting for the decision.

Let me know if you need any help

tnxs but ithink i got this error when i was applying online and fill online form.. so i dont have co but can i fill up in advance form 1023 and suppy them...or wait to co.. and what to write in 1023 form plz let me know so iam procesed.tnxs

tnxs but ithink i got this error when i was applying online and fill online form.. so i dont have co but can i fill up in advance form 1023 and suppy them...or wait to co.. and what to write in 1023 form plz let me know so iam procesed.tnxs

I think everyone applied online!

Yes, you can fill this form and then upload to your case.

Just login into your account and upload this form like other documents , you need to select the appropriate document type.

They will contact you once you have case officer to confirm.

Don't worry it's a common mistake.

My colleague who got his PR after one week of case allocation did this too! (From China)

Edited by againstthewind