887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On ‎4‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:02 AM, Wahab said:

Hi Everyone. Currently i am 489 visa and my general accounting assessment from Cpa is going to expire in coming December for immigration purpose. Can someone please advise me that for 887 i need to do assessment again or there is no need to do it again.

No, you don not need the assessment again.

On ‎3‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:02 PM, NemathMatt said:

Hi everybody .

I want to talk about a very rare situation , a very close friend of mine has been waiting for 40 months to get that 887.

They don't have any security issue and they are working in very sensitive places which need to renew their police c every 6 months so they have never had any kind of security problem in here , India or Iran .

They were student in India.

They are very frustrated and in a very deep uncertainty.

I suggest them to take the case to the court against Immigration Dep , but they are in a killing limbo , being in a fear of loosing all chances in the event of doing so.

It is very unlikely that any of this forum members could have kind of similar experience but my comment is a Shot in the dark.?

many thanks. 

Mohammad (IRAN) 

Hi Mohammed

Had they moved to a non-regional before/after applying for the PR?

On 02/06/2017 at 6:14 PM, IvanMar10 said:

Hi Noelle.

Congrats for ur grant.

I have the same problem as u had........ I added my parents, brothers and sister as Non-Migrating family members. I want to notify through Notification of Incorrect Answers. But I can't find it in the immiaccount. I know its silly, but can u please help me to find the link in the immiaccount.

Thanks.

It is under the "update us" option on the left hand side of the screen when you log in to your immi account. 

Hi Guys.

I have been contacted today by a CO today to provide Tax Notice Assessment and bills proofing my residential address.

They already have all my contracts and lease agreements and bank statements showing my wages and my rents payments.

I feel a bit despaired and desapointed. I spent so much time scanning all documents. I have been working in the NT for 2 years (they have my contracts, payslips and bank statements) and the closest town being 1300km from me, it is common sense that I am also living here where I work. They want bills on the top of my lease agreement and bank statement.

I am gonna send more but I seriously think that whatever we send, they went to be able to go quickly through it to assess the application... An adresse on a bill is quicker to read than a matching a lease agreement with a bank statement...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi guys , 

Just wanted to share good news...

Visa applied : 15 Nov 2016

First CO : 7 Feb 2017 ( asked for form 80 as my agent didn't upload that)

Second Co : 2 may 2017 ( asked for tax PAYG again my agent had not uploaded them)  

Third CO : grant today 6 June 2017

Thanks very much this forum is great.

1 hour ago, Owla said:

Hi Guys.

I have been contacted today by a CO today to provide Tax Notice Assessment and bills proofing my residential address.

They already have all my contracts and lease agreements and bank statements showing my wages and my rents payments.

I feel a bit despaired and desapointed. I spent so much time scanning all documents. I have been working in the NT for 2 years (they have my contracts, payslips and bank statements) and the closest town being 1300km from me, it is common sense that I am also living here where I work. They want bills on the top of my lease agreement and bank statement.

I am gonna send more but I seriously think that whatever we send, they went to be able to go quickly through it to assess the application... An adresse on a bill is quicker to read than a matching a lease agreement with a bank statement...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I can hear you mate..we are all on the same boat ..we do not have much options though 

Hi guys...! CO contacted me via email requesting for my new born daughter's birth certificate and passport. Got the birth certificate...applied for indian passport! Finally...requesting for only these docs...hopefully looking forward for a grant soon...! goodluck for everyone !

On 2017-5-29 at 8:07 AM, sam2 said:

Hi guys,

I have asked from a lawyer and he checked the laws. He believes that you don't need to be worry because no change has happened in the law (for case officers) and it is possible to be an error in the website update which has happened several times before. BTW, I would appreciate if any of you get more information, share with us. Thanks.

On 2017-5-29 at 9:21 AM, ZarahK said:

Thank you, Sam,

What a relief!!

My wife and son spent several months onshore during the period of 489. I, as a primary applicant, have lived and worked in Darwin for 2 years. I just applied the 887 in Feb/2017. I hope the new rule is not true, or I don't know what to do next.

1 hour ago, msk said:

one more doubt...how many weeks is it taking for new born's indian passport...! would appreciate response from members who have been through this situation...thnx in advance!

I applied for my Son-It took 3 Weeks.

Is this your first interaction with the Case officer..and also when did you apply..?

Cheers

14 hours ago, 12012017 said:

I applied for my Son-It took 3 Weeks.

Is this your first interaction with the Case officer..and also when did you apply..?

Cheers

thank you for the reply! N yes, this is he fourth time CO contacting me for the docs again!

I applied on 7th july 2016!!!

First CO contacted on 25th oct: asked more docs for showing regional area, submitted docs on 28th

Second CO 11th jan: more docs for employment submitted docs after one week

third CO(different CO)23rd march: more docs for employment again submitted docs after two days

fourth time 6th may: asking for only new born's birth n passport submitted birth n waiting for passport.

thankfully this time CO didnt ask for any of my employment/regional area docs again.

Hi MSK..

You are on my Boat brother..

I am waiting for the same thing.

Now, Once you submit Passport for your Newborn, next CO will Grant Visa 489 to your newborn and then he will add your newborn on your application(That mean after that if you log on to your immi account you can see your newborn as a dependant in the system, then you will get bridging visa for you new born, and that's end.. Now you have to wait as me for next CO. This is my Story.. If you are lucky you will have different one...

The CO who granted 489 visa to my newborn he didn't contact me.. I got visa 489 grant email for my newborn in my inbox and bridging visa. that's the end..

I applied on 16/08/16 and Newborn birth date 01/02/17.

Hope you will get your grant soon.

I applied on 16/08/16..  1st CO 15/11/16 requesting almost all documents which was already in system (May be he didn't check them.) At that moment I become victim of lengthy process. During that time my daughter born on 01/02/2017.. I notified immigration about the same...

2nd CO 15/02/2017 asking for birth certificate and Passport for my Newborn.. submitted them and still I am waiting to here from immigration..

On 9/05/17 I got Visa 489 Grant  email for my newborn, then in next minute Bridging visa for newborn, and someone added my Newborn as a my dependent into system. My be that was my 3rd co on 09/05/17 but he didn't contact me at all...

And now I am Still waiting :)

If I don't get CO by 1/07/2017, by that time my Newborn will be 6 months old that mean I have to do immigration medical for her. Then my next CO after 01/07/17 will give me HAP id for her Medical and again I have to wait.. :)

I think by end of this year I will get my 887 grant..

14 hours ago, shankar shinde said:

Hi MSK..

You are on my Boat brother..

I am waiting for the same thing.

Now, Once you submit Passport for your Newborn, next CO will Grant Visa 489 to your newborn and then he will add your newborn on your application(That mean after that if you log on to your immi account you can see your newborn as a dependant in the system, then you will get bridging visa for you new born, and that's end.. Now you have to wait as me for next CO. This is my Story.. If you are lucky you will have different one...

The CO who granted 489 visa to my newborn he didn't contact me.. I got visa 489 grant email for my newborn in my inbox and bridging visa. that's the end..

I applied on 16/08/16 and Newborn birth date 01/02/17.

Hope you will get your grant soon.

our 489 visa has expired(4 years stay finished) and we are currently on bridging visa...we have been granted bridging visa on feb 2016...its more than an year now w've been on bridging visa...in the immi website it is clearly mentioned that your current visa status will be given to your new born...so since we are on bridging visa , i think our new born will directly get bridging visa... and in your case i think you are on 489 visa and thats the reason your new born was given 489 and then bridging...!!! my new born is jus 26 days old..so hopefully we wish to get a grant before she turns 6 months so that there is no chance for CO to request for medicals again...!...all the best brother!

Here we go..

Got case officer 4th time this morning asking for newborns medical who is 4 months 5 days old.. but that's ok.. I will do it.. Case officer provided HAP id as well for newborns medical..

System shown all documents are Nil for all of us except medical for newborn.. that mean Not too long.. close to 887 grant.

• Like 1

hi shankar...just out of curiosity...how many weeks it took for you to get your new borns passport...coz its mentioned that it would take 8 weeks of time for new indian passport...so i just wanna know ...how many weeks it took for you guys? thnx in advance

I read the legislation law 887.212
It say only main applicant need to satisfy the Primary criteria

However the Immigration person to whom I speak today told me otherwise

I guess we should go with what the law say and we are fine Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi zarah,

I'm also in the same boat. My wife came here last July. And our 489 visa is going to get expire on March 2018. I'm gonna apply for 887 this year November. My question is if the new law takes place then what happens to my wife visa which is going to expire by March 2018. Do i need to apply for 489 renewal for my wife? I'm tired with this visa.

Please help me
Thanks
Deftown

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk