887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hello everyone, 

It might be a silly question but I just want to double check.

They require us to provide passport photograph and print the name of the person at the back.

Can I write my name on it instead on printing since officework where I took the photo could not print my name on the photo?

Thanks heapsss 

Hello Razor,

I think I am going through the same situation.

I applied on 16.8.16, 1st case officer 15th nov 16 asked for documents which was already submitted. Then i resent those documents by email.

During that time my baby girl born on 1st feb 17. On 15th feb 2nd case officer asked for her birth certificate and passport. He didn't ask her medical or so..

On 9th may 2017 on got visa 489 grant for my baby girl and few minutes later i got bridging visa for her..

Our 887 application is still showing assessment in progress. But now i can see my baby girl in that application as a dependent but if i click on her helth assessment nothing is there. Its completely blank.

Razor can you please tell me do I need to do medical for my baby girl. She is 3 months old. Born in Australia. 

Or doI need to give them any letter from my doctor.

Thanks 

Hi all,

I got my grant letter yesterday, after 11months + 3days of waiting, finally! Thanks for everyone for your help here.

Applied: 08 Jun 16

requested more info: 06 Oct 2016, 21 Dec 2016, 21 Apr 2017

grant date: 11 May 2017

I have a question, my passport and my little one's passport are going to be expired. If we have them renewed, how can we transfer the PR status to the new passport?

Cheers

8 minutes ago, Dayouxia said:

Hi all,

I got my grant letter yesterday, after 11months + 3days of waiting, finally! Thanks for everyone for your help here.

Applied: 08 Jun 16

requested more info: 06 Oct 2016, 21 Dec 2016, 21 Apr 2017

grant date: 11 May 2017

I have a question, my passport and my little one's passport are going to be expired. If we have them renewed, how can we transfer the PR status to the new passport?

Cheers

Congratulations..that was a real long journey..i reckon u only need to notify the department by change in circumstances form. 

May I ask , what were the further docs required on those three occassions? 

19 hours ago, shankar shinde said:

Hello Razor,

I think I am going through the same situation.

I applied on 16.8.16, 1st case officer 15th nov 16 asked for documents which was already submitted. Then i resent those documents by email.

During that time my baby girl born on 1st feb 17. On 15th feb 2nd case officer asked for her birth certificate and passport. He didn't ask her medical or so..

On 9th may 2017 on got visa 489 grant for my baby girl and few minutes later i got bridging visa for her..

Our 887 application is still showing assessment in progress. But now i can see my baby girl in that application as a dependent but if i click on her helth assessment nothing is there. Its completely blank.

Razor can you please tell me do I need to do medical for my baby girl. She is 3 months old. Born in Australia. 

Or doI need to give them any letter from my doctor.

Thanks 

HI Shankar,

As she is under 6 months just submit a letter from pediatrician or GP providing the health status.

It should be enough. There is a possibility that CO might request a medical and will provide a HAP Id, but generally that i not the case.

But this medical will only be physical checkup, no xrays and blood unless there is some issue with child's health, which was the case for me.

Edited by Razor
Not full answer.

41 minutes ago, LIVEINSA said:

Congratulations..that was a real long journey..i reckon u only need to notify the department by change in circumstances form. 

May I ask , what were the further docs required on those three occassions? 

1-to provide more info about proof of living 

2-to provide medical check for my little one who was not included in the application

3-to provide up to date oversea police certificate as the current one was expired (this one as submitted before as its completely waste of time to resubmit them again)

On 5.5.2017 at 1:33 PM, nuwa said:

If the overseas visits are more than 3 weeks they reduce it from the days u stay. for example I applied somewhere around in 2 yrs and 2 months. thats around 770 days. but i was outside (each stay more than 3 weeks) around 80/90 days (on 3 separate visits) that makes my actual SA stay around 680 days. hence it was rejected

best thing is to apply after 720 days in specific region (in my POV   :) )

Hey Nuwa,

Thanks for the useful info mate, just wanted to know from where you got this 3 weeks rule please :)

Cause, i am having a similar scenario.

Cheers

On 2017-5-12 at 10:05 AM, Dayouxia said:

1-to provide more info about proof of living 

2-to provide medical check for my little one who was not included in the application

3-to provide up to date oversea police certificate as the current one was expired (this one as submitted before as its completely waste of time to resubmit them again)

Have you left australia after you landed for a holiday or so and that is why they asked for overseas pcc? 

6 hours ago, Kamolli said:

Hey Nuwa,

Thanks for the useful info mate, just wanted to know from where you got this 3 weeks rule please :)

Cheers

1. dept web states any stay more than 3 weeks should carry a police report

2.main point : when my 1st application got rejected they have stated that they have reduced all the foreign trips and my count of days were around 680 or something - where as I calculated it as 720 or so. I didnt deduct my 4 weeks trips back to my country but they have done it. 

This implies what I said. Also the ones who s done these with consultants confirmed me the same

It is upto you to risk it.I did and failed in  1st time

7 hours ago, Kamolli said:

Hey Nuwa,

Cheers

Hi Kamolli

See following Image I think there is no specific time for Holidays.Its upto CO.

IMG_5386.PNG

8 hours ago, nuwa said:

1. dept web states any stay more than 3 weeks should carry a police report

2.main point : when my 1st application got rejected they have stated that they have reduced all the foreign trips and my count of days were around 680 or something - where as I calculated it as 720 or so. I didnt deduct my 4 weeks trips back to my country but they have done it. 

This implies what I said. Also the ones who s done these with consultants confirmed me the same

It is upto you to risk it.I did and failed in  1st time

Thanks mate,

I consulted a migration agent, and he told me that i should be fine. He never mentioned anything about the 3 weeka thing though, but he told me to not to g overseas till i apply for the PR to be safe. :)

Hi guys,

Just recieved the golden email today.

Applied: May 29, 2016

1st CO: Sept 28, 2016 request for additional docs. Submitted: Nov 29, 2016

2nd CO: March 14, 2017 request for additional docs again. Submitted: March 17, 2017

Grant email: today May 15, 2017

Hope all d best to all of you guys.. Just keep waiting.

1 hour ago, Eugenics said:

Hi guys,

2nd CO: March 14, 2017 request for additional docs again. Submitted: March 17, 2017

Congratulations ?

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, Eugenics said:

Hi guys,

Congrats! So it seems you are the record keeper by 1 year :D

9 minutes ago, Preet30dec2016 said:

Hey guys
Finally I got my golden email today.
Am soo happy emoji2.pngemoji2.png
Applied on 30dec2016
Co assigned on 23rd march and requested for further documents
Which I submitted on 31st march.
Got a grant on 16th may 2017.
Best of luck to everyone who is waiting.
Thanx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow.. congratulations..so happy for you

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Preet30dec2016 said:

Hey guys
Finally I got my golden email today.
Am soo happy emoji2.pngemoji2.png
Applied on 30dec2016
Co assigned on 23rd march and requested for further documents
Which I submitted on 31st march.
Got a grant on 16th may 2017.
Best of luck to everyone who is waiting.
Thanx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sush2016 said:

After 11 months and 15 days i got my golden email today.

applied- 1 june 2016

Co - 27 sep 2016

asked for additional doc- 23 nov 2016/ 15 march 2017

visa granted : 16 may 2017.

thanks.

Congratulations! What were the additional documents asked if you do not mind me asking