887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi guys,
Got our golden email today.
Applied 11-Nov-16
CO asked for more documents 9-Feb
Granted 3-May
Thanks everyone and wish you all get your grants very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations mate

1 hour ago, master887 said:

Hi guys,
Applied 11-Nov-16
Granted 3-May

Hey mate congratulations..so happy for and everyone..i will follow you in 6 months time :D:D

52 minutes ago, master887 said:

Thanks all. LIVEINSA sure you are not far from getting your grant.

Yeah just another 3 months till co looks into the file for a 3rd time..all good mate.. everything happenes for a reason and on the right time :-) cheers mate and try to keep present on the forum though

3 hours ago, master887 said:

Hi guys,
Applied 11-Nov-16
Granted 3-May

Congratulation buddy.! just wondering when did you submit requested document. i have same more or less same timeline as yours. I had a CO on 9th feb and i provided docs on 28th feb. Thanks.

Congratulation buddy.! just wondering when did you submit requested document. i have same more or less same timeline as yours. I had a CO on 9th feb and i provided docs on 28th feb. Thanks.

I submitted the documents on same day 9-Feb

Hi Guys,

I applied on 5th oct 2016.i think the department should even double the fees but should be a lot quicker.anyway My INDIAN passport is expiring on 27 june.If i apply for the new one today will the department be able to provide decision with getting the new passport details coz the old one is valid untill 27 june.or they will wait for the new one.and what are documents should i provide the department for my newborn even before they ask me.I hv provided the passport and birth certificate on their request.

Thanks a lot

Singh

3 minutes ago, deven12 said:

Hello champs, need some help here..are we allowed to travel outside Australia while the 887 visa is processed?

Hi Deven, if your current visa is not expired then yes you can travell. If it's expired than you have to apply for BV2.I had same issue, and I clarified this with immigration. Hope it helps. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deven12 said:

But the website says you have to be Australia during visa grant

Yes it does. You will get pre grant if you are outside or your case officer will send you a mail to come back if they are ready to grant. However if you get mail from CO to come back will delay your process by 2-3 months. In my case I have a family emergency, so had to go on that cost. 

Yes it does. You will get pre grant if you are outside or your case officer will send you a mail to come back if they are ready to grant. However if you get mail from CO to come back will delay your process by 2-3 months. In my case I have a family emergency, so had to go on that cost. 

Thanks Amit for your help..much appreciated.
Cheers

Congrats mate..Just a quick question..I did my police verification when i applied for 489 visa. Do i need to get the police verification again from India or can i attach the old one?

Also, do i need to get a police verification in Australia as well?

I will apply for 887 visa next month..

Many thanks in advance..

Cheers,

Voz

Edited by voz

Congrats mate..Just a quick question..I did my police verification when i applied for 489 visa. Do i need to get the police verification again from India or can i attach the old one?
Also, do i need to get a police verification in Australia as well?
I will apply for 887 visa next month..
Many thanks in advance..
Cheers,
Voz

You should give Indian and Australian again.

Hi .

I have got my grant today. every case is different.! so I suggest uploading all documents upfront. everyhting. 

Thank you everyone for your support and I wish all will get grant soon. Dont get frustrated. They are working hard. 

Applied - 16/08/2016

1st CO-09/11/2016 and submitted docs - 02/12/2016

2nd CO - 09/02/2017 and submitted docs - 28/02/2017

3rd CO - Grant - 04/05/2017 ( 8 months and 19 days)

Thank you again.!! Wish you all best.!