887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, Jan30 said:

Hi friends! We got our grant today. Applied: jan. 16 2017 grant: may 1,2017. Direct grant. Thank you everyone!!! And God speed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Did you get grant for 887 today or is it for other visa subclass , as I had also applied on 16/01/17 for 887.

Yet, in my case there is no allocation of CO. I would appreciate if you could provide some further info.

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me on what criteria they are choosing the files?As i Know it depends on the date you submit and pay visa fees...but as I can see that I nearly finished 4 months (8 Jan) and my file neither been Granted nor been allocated by CO.I can say it's not touched.And from the sheet I find they already started granting people after my date by nearly a month.

Thanks,

21 minutes ago, LIVEINSA said:

A new Co was assigned to me requesting an overseas police clearance for my husband who only traveled back once after a month from landing to australia. 

Am totally stunned and do not know what to do

Guys..can you guide me here please.. now thr new Co asked for a new police clearance from egypt for my husband " due to significant travel" 

Well my husband did a landing to australia on 26/1/2015 , traveled back to Egypt on 25/02/2015, came back to australia 28/5/2015, since then he did not leave australia at all. 

Can anyone advise me what i should do? No embassy except in Canberra and if we organized  for a new one it would take more the 28 days!

And why the first co have not requested that at the first contact? ! Am so frustrated.

Don't be frustrated, i haven't travelled outside Australia since i arrived i still provided my CO with international police certificate. All you need to do is start the process and if u notice that its getting closer to 28 days, show evidence that you did try to get it like any payment invoice, appointment with ur embassy etc. Then ur co can decide to wave it depending on the time frame, remember sometimes they don't even open the files after 28 days but to be onna safe side start the process. You are already in the finishing line. 

56 minutes ago, LIVEINSA said:

Guys..can you guide me here please.. now thr new Co asked for a new police clearance from egypt for my husband " due to significant travel" 

Well my husband did a landing to australia on 26/1/2015 , traveled back to Egypt on 25/02/2015, came back to australia 28/5/2015, since then he did not leave australia at all. 

Can anyone advise me what i should do? No embassy except in Canberra and if we organized  for a new one it would take more the 28 days!

And why the first co have not requested that at the first contact? ! Am so frustrated.

Hi livensa,

Can I ask why he needs police clearance for a period less than a year??I think this is against what they told on the site.

As for the police clearance from Egypt you will have to call the Egyptian embassy tomorrow to ask for details.but I can imagine they will ask ur husband to make fingerprint in one of the police office and send back to them with other documents like passport copy..but really I'm not sure.

Hi
Did you get grant for 887 today or is it for other visa subclass , as I had also applied on 16/01/17 for 887.
Yet, in my case there is no allocation of CO. I would appreciate if you could provide some further info.

Yes 887... from 489- 887 today like 2:30pm when i got that mail.

1 hour ago, LIVEINSA said:

I suggest just comply...dont spend so much time questioning about it, you will just lose time. Once you apply for that police clearance, upload the receipt to let the CO know that you actioned to comply the requirement. They will understand if the actual police clearance will be available beyond the 28 days limit.

11 minutes ago, master887 said:

Did you provide police clearance certificate for 489?

Yeah when we applied for 489 of course. But i have NOT attached it in the 887 because it says on the website if you spent more than 12 months and my husband stayed back for 3 months only.

Yeah when we applied for 489 of course. But i have NOT attached it in the 887 because it says on the website if you spent more than 12 months and my husband stayed back for 3 months only.

I think you should have attached the same with 887 also that's why co is asking again. I suggest you attach the old one with application and apply for new one also.

I think you should have attached the same with 887 also that's why co is asking again. I suggest you attach the old one with application and apply for new one also.

22 minutes ago, master887 said:

Request Detail
New Egypt Police Certificate
Due to your significant travel you are required to provide a new police clearance.
Everyone who applies for a visa must satisfy the character requirements of the Migration Act
1958 before a visa can be granted.
As part of your visa application, you must provide police certificate(s) from each country
where you have lived for a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years as evidence that
you satisfy the character requirements.
These 12 months are calculated cumulatively and need not have been consecutive. Country-
specific instructions on how to obtain a police certificate are at www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/
Char
Persons requiring certificates from Singapore will require a request letter from the
Department, which has been added as an attachment.
The name on the police certificate(s) must match the name in your passport and must
include any other names or aliases you are or have been known by. If the name on the police
clearance certificate(s) received by us is different from your passport or does not list all other
names you have been known by, you will be requested to obtain another police certificate(s).
If you are unable to obtain an overseas police certificate it is in your best interest to
demonstrate to us, with documentary evidence where possible, that you have made a
genuine attempt to obtain the relevant certificate(s). If the Department is satisfied that you
are unable to obtain an overseas police certificate(s) and have made a genuine attempt to do
so then a waiver of this requirement may be granted.
If you do not provide the police certificate(s) and I am satisfied that it is reasonable for you to
provide the police certificate(s), your visa application may be refused.

2 hours ago, Jan30 said:

Yes 887... from 489- 887 today like 2:30pm when i got that mail.

Hi Jan30

Thanks for your feedback and much appreciated.

If it is okay for you would you please let me know which state did you apply from?

Thanks,

14 minutes ago, Amit said:

Hi all,

After 11 months and 7 days I got my grant today. 2 case officer , 3 time extra documents request.

Congrats amit.. am requested twice to provide docs.. now will wait for a third time then hopefully am granted:-).. congrats again mate