887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, sam2 said:

Hi ZarahK,

Obviously, they have written this law (someone in Immi) but the case officers are important. For instance, according to this law, if a new baby comes few months before lodging, the whole family should stay 2 years more (a bug). As I know, before there was no law about second applicant as this document checklist shows and lawyer confirms it:

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887-/Skilled-Regional-visa-(subclass-887)-document-checklist

In residence requirement, it says: 

• Evidence that you have lived in a specified regional area for at least two years as the holder of an eligible visa prior to lodging this application.
  • Evidence that each dependent who is also an applicant for this visa has complied with the conditions attached to their visa while in Australia. It doesn't say that second also should stay 2 years.

BTW, when can you apply for 887 visa? Do you know that what happen if our 887 visa refuse? Do we back to 489 visa? Would you please give me the contact number of Immi? Thanks.

Hi Sam2,

I haven't applied yet I will be applying next week

If you go through this forum you won't find a single case whose Visa was refused because of this condition also my agent has confirmed that dependent does not have to two-year stay and one-year full-time work 

what about you when are you planning to apply? I guess we will be fine.Furthermore, I called on the  131 881

Regards

can someone plz help me with filling up form 1023 as i did a mistake adding family members as non migrating and now have to change them to other family members as per CO requested.

1. do i just write details of family membrs and request them to change to other members 

2. there is a ques in no. 11 (details of other family members). Do i put my wifes details as other applicant because my wife applied 887 with me as well and if so des she has to sign at the end of the form where it says sign of other applicant.

On 29/05/2017 at 11:31 AM, ZarahK said:

Hi I called Immi today,

The person told me that the Dependent needs to meet the 2-year stay in designated area criteria he also told me that this is not a new law it was there from quite a some time 

I am still confuse

Nope. It wasnt there before. Ive applied in nov anc got it last month but my wife wax only on her 2nd day in aus when i applied. Could be a new law. But in my opinion it contradicts its eligibilities. Ie; with 489, you can apply for partners 489 in your last year. Then if ull be without visa iv u wait 2years of her/him OR if you do apply before and gets it , she/he will lose sponsor of his/her visa and it will be invalid visa. Think it needs clarification. Probably law is dumb as pm and is true with no ends

Hi All, i just got my grant letter. Applied 1 feb 2017 got today 31 may 2017. Just want to share about overseas trip i spent 4 months in overseas 2 months each year. I applied after 2 years and 2 months. And i got my grant today so they consider 2 months overseas time. Thanks so if you spend some time in overseas plz dnt hesitate to apply. Thanks for this forum. All the best for every one . And hope every one will gt their 887 visa soon. Big relief. I had too many sleepless night after reading in this forum about rejection of visas due to overseas stay. But thanks God i got it today. Best of luck

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sartaj said:

Hi All, i just got my grant letter. Applied 1 feb 2017 got today 31 may 2017. Just want to share about overseas trip i spent 4 months in overseas 2 months each year. I applied after 2 years and 2 months. And i got my grant today so they consider 2 months overseas time. Thanks so if you spend some time in overseas plz dnt hesitate to apply. Thanks for this forum. All the best for every one . And hope every one will gt their 887 visa soon. Big relief. I had too many sleepless night after reading in this forum about rejection of visas due to overseas stay. But thanks God i got it today. Best of luck

Congrats mate :) I had some sleepless nights too thinking about the idea. Havents applied yet, but i should be fine :)

Hi everybody .

we have already applied for 887 .

Once we got our 489 my wife had achieved 4.5 IELTS but as far as I understand she needs to prove that Functional English again , so she has done a course called English Adult Program in TAFE SA and what she obtained , is Cer II English speaking and writing .

As it is not mentioned that Cer II is equal to Functional Eng or not , does any friend know that it could be accepted or not .

Many thanks

Mohammad

12 minutes ago, Mohammad-53 said:

Hi everybody .

Once we got our 489 my wife had achieved 4.5 IELTS but as far as I understand she needs to prove that Functional English again , so she has done a course called English Adult Program in TAFE SA and what she obtained , is Cer II English speaking and writing .

As it is not mentioned that Cer II is equal to Functional Eng or not , does any friend know that it could be accepted or not .

Many thanks

Mohammad

On 2017-5-21 at 10:51 PM, Owla said:

Hi Mohammad,

One of my friends had submitted cert.II as well but they did not accept it. Your wife has couple of alternatives I reckon:

1- Take IELTS Test again or

2- In AMEP there is an exam which is recognised by immigration department for functional english or

2- Pay Vac 2 which is around 4000$

Cheers

Hi, 

i also have the same problem 

my wife ielts is expired and they asked for it again!!

my wife is pregnant so she can't sit in the exam so I want to pay for her non functional English charges!! 

Can u please tell me how do I pay for it? 

I called immi and they said I have to email the case officer and wait for their reply! 

I all ready have send them an email last week and still waiting for reply, haven't heard anything for case officer yet! 

Do I again have to wait for case officer in order to pay for my wife's ielts charges?

after I make payment how long more they will take to grant my visa as its the only one and only document they asked in last email!! That's my 2nd case officer !!!

my wife is expecting a baby by the end of auguest.. I hope that I get grant before that!!! Please let me know thank you

5 hours ago, Sartaj said:

Congratulations Sartaj 

can you please tell me did ur dependent 

conpleteted 2 years stay in designated area ??

1 hour ago, Dharmesh said:

Hi, 

i also have the same problem 

my wife ielts is expired and they asked for it again!!

my wife is pregnant so she can't sit in the exam so I want to pay for her non functional English charges!! 

Can u please tell me how do I pay for it? 

I called immi and they said I have to email the case officer and wait for their reply! 

I all ready have send them an email last week and still waiting for reply, haven't heard anything for case officer yet! 

Do I again have to wait for case officer in order to pay for my wife's ielts charges?

after I make payment how long more they will take to grant my visa as its the only one and only document they asked in last email!! That's my 2nd case officer !!!

my wife is expecting a baby by the end of auguest.. I hope that I get grant before that!!! Please let me know thank you

Five years ago, when I applied for my 475, the case officer requested some documents. I copied here the part related to VAC2 as follows:

"If a 2nd VAC (English) is payable applicants will be advised of the amount payable in writing and be asked to make payment only towards the end of application processing. Each person in respect of whom a 2nd instalment VAC is paid is entitled to up to 510 hours English language tuition after arrival in Australia"

I think it should be applicable for your case as well. You may call them and inform you are ready to pay it and they may give a clue.

15 hours ago, Mohammad-53 said:

Hi everybody .

Many thanks

Mohammad

According to the immi website, you need to meet one of the criteria which are listed here: http://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english to prove your functional English.

The option that suits your wife would be : A positive assessment by an Adult Migrant English Program service provider in Australia that you have functional English.

It's not a certificate II, I reckon but only a letter from AMEP to the Department that certify the functional English for your wife.

Cheers

On 25/05/2017 at 7:16 PM, june30 said:

Hello 12012017,I have applied on July 1st. 16, first co oct 16, was asking about form 1023, second co in feb 17, asking about my little one photo mis match declaration form and 3rd co in march 17, was same like 2nd co. Finally got the pre grant, wondering how long I have to wait? As my family coming in 3 days. Again I have informe to Immi?

have u got the grant ?

On 5/29/2017 at 6:19 PM, sam2 said:

Hi ZarahK,

Thanks. We will apply on the mid of July.

Good Luck

Hi Sam2,

I'm also going to apply mid July. Would be good for both of us to be in touch.

let me know your views. Many thanks.

Cheers.

• Like 1

On 22 May 2017 at 8:59 PM, Noelle said:

Hi,

query #1 - just submit your contract or payslip or any proof with your new job and your new rental agreement just to be on the safe side i think

query #2- if they are not your dependents, fill out form 1023 (Notification of Incorrect Answers). Same thing happened to me, I have declared my parents and siblings as non migrating but they are not my dependents. They appeared on my online application and each of them are being asked to do a medical. I have filled out this form and got a direct grant. 

Im not sure about query #3 as I don't have any experience of going overseas after lodgement. 

Good luck with your application! 

Hi Noelle.

Congrats for ur grant.

I have the same problem as u had........ I added my parents, brothers and sister as Non-Migrating family members. I want to notify through Notification of Incorrect Answers. But I can't find it in the immiaccount. I know its silly, but can u please help me to find the link in the immiaccount.

Thanks.

I am applying for an 887 visa having fulfilled my 489 visa conditions. I have heard from my case officer twice since applying back in December 2016. My wife and I had a little boy born 6 March 2017 and he has been added to our visa. We have to do an on the papers medical for him which we are doing this coming Monday. We plan to leave Australia on 4th July this year and are after advice on getting the visa decision made before we leave (as are under the impression that it can't be approved whilst offshore).

any help on achieving a faster decision or what to do if not granted by the time we leave is appreciated ??

Hi everybody .

I want to talk about a very rare situation , a very close friend of mine has been waiting for 40 months to get that 887.

They don't have any security issue and they are working in very sensitive places which need to renew their police c every 6 months so they have never had any kind of security problem in here , India or Iran .

They were student in India.

They are very frustrated and in a very deep uncertainty.

I suggest them to take the case to the court against Immigration Dep , but they are in a killing limbo , being in a fear of loosing all chances in the event of doing so.

It is very unlikely that any of this forum members could have kind of similar experience but my comment is a Shot in the dark.?

many thanks. 

Mohammad (IRAN) 

Hi Everyone. Currently i am 489 visa and my general accounting assessment from Cpa is going to expire in coming December for immigration purpose. Can someone please advise me that for 887 i need to do assessment again or there is no need to do it again.

On 6/3/2017 at 8:32 PM, NemathMatt said:

Hi everybody .

I want to talk about a very rare situation , a very close friend of mine has been waiting for 40 months to get that 887.

They don't have any security issue and they are working in very sensitive places which need to renew their police c every 6 months so they have never had any kind of security problem in here , India or Iran .

They were student in India.

They are very frustrated and in a very deep uncertainty.

I suggest them to take the case to the court against Immigration Dep , but they are in a killing limbo , being in a fear of loosing all chances in the event of doing so.

It is very unlikely that any of this forum members could have kind of similar experience but my comment is a Shot in the dark.?

many thanks. 

Mohammad (IRAN) 

Hi Mohammed,

Have you friends tried complaining on https://www.border.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions/visa-citizenship-service ?

If not then I would recommend them to complaint here. They will provide a full report on why this case has taken so long within 15 working days and would get it expedited. Always use the complaint number in email subject whenever contacting via email or phone. I have seen you always receive a response within few days. I was in a similar situation but not that long. 40 months is too long.

If they have already filed a complaint and the department has not provided response in time. Then it is better to file a complaint in court if the case is genuine and proper proof is available like email correspondence. Filing a case doesn't reduce or increase your chances of getting or not getting a 887. It just gets the process expedited. One of my friends whose visa was rejected, did file a case and his visa got approved later as the rejection grounds were not proper, however that was not for 887 but a 189 visa.

Killing in a limbo just wastes time and it is always recommended to follow the proper procedure.

Regards

They say , they don't respond to any Email but default answers .

Apparently , they hired a lawyer who is supppsed to take the case to court ( lawyer prefers not to do so for some more time )lawyer is killing time and he advice them to be patient .

My friend who is very upset believes that they want to keep us on bridging as long as we give up and go back .

It could be right , maybe they don't want to grant the PR however they don't have enough evidence for rejection .

My understanding is , he could be right . The only reason could be security which doesn't make sense , they are already living in Australia and having PR or not won't make any difference about safety .

so I'm totally confused that why they are doing so , not considering how much pressure could have on people who are waiting for an unknown time to receive or even not receive something .

Many thanks

Hi, guys,

I have been getting lots of help from this thread. I need your help.

I applied 887 at 7th/Feb/2017 with my wife and son included. After application, my wife and son left Australia. They are still out of Australia now. I received a email from co which request me to explain why my wife and son is not in Australia for more than 14 days without pre-notifying the immigration department. 

I am going to explain that my son need to finish study in my country and his mum had to care of him. But they will be back in Australia within 1 week. Will it bring any unexpect result of my application?

Thank you guys.

Hi Guys:biggrin:
 Just wanted to share with you my timeline:
*Applied on the 10th of October.
*First CO contacted me (Via Immiaccount) on the 14th Dec. Requesting extra Evidence of employment and Evidence of Functional English for my wife and a custody form order from my ex-wife because the one I had provided was expired - Form 1229  , all paperwork was submitted on the 20th  of  Dec. and the IELTS results as soon as we received it in January.
*Second CO contacted me (Via E-mail) on the 3rd April requesting further evidence of employment  and IELTS Results, then I received another email asking to disregard the request for the IELTS as they had already received it. All further evidence was uploaded 3 days after.
*Third CO  contacted me (Via Immiaccount) yesterday 26th of May requesting a correct contact number from my ex-wife, the Number was right, only that the country code was missing, I sent an email straightaway explaining that . 
it's taking ages, butit seems to me that the Golden mail is getting closer, well, fingers crossed!!

Hi mate..need some help..PM sent cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk