887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi All 

Got my  887 today :D

Application Date:- 12 Jan 2017

CO Assigned :-23 May 2017, Asked for partner Federal Clearance Certificate from home country ,Submitted on   05/June/2017

Granted :- 28-June-2017

I have been a silent member of this forum ,and this helped me immensely,Thanks a lot guys for all the help.

Regards

1 hour ago, NewGuest said:

Hi,

I got the golden email today.

Applied on 10 Feb 2017

Skilled support asked clarification for employment gap and education history

887 Granted: 28-June-2017

Cheers

Congrats mate :)

Why do you think the CO asked for that? and what did you provide? :)

4 hours ago, Dharmesh said:

Was  your wife's education in english medium? If not did you use the same IELTS FOR your wife that u use for 489 ?

Yaep her education was in english medium i just got the certificate from her uni which acknowledge that she has completed all her education in english....further i use the same certificate for her 489 as well....

5 hours ago, rags said:

Are you sure 489 visa holders have access to Medicare? I always thought 489s do not have access to Medicare? Can you let me know your source?

489 are not eligible for medicare unless if you have lodged the 887 visa and got the acknowledgement letter go to centrelink they will process the application for medicare and issue you the interim medicare card which will cover everything ...once you get your 887 grant they will automatically send you the permenant green color medicare card....

Hi all

I applied for visa 887 on 08 Sep 2016, CO on 01 Dec 2016, I have sent requested documents couple of days later but no communication since then and I'm still waiting. Just wanted to know if any one been or still is in this situation.

thanks

Hi Everyone

I am preparing documents for 887 visa. but i have one problem, i am unable to get my lease agreement for first 10 months from my landlord as he is ignoring my request to provide one. well it was share house so we didn,t even have any bills on our name.

I have few letters, bank statements, payslips, vehicle rego and tax advice addressing the place, and also have online rent transfer details.

well, is there anyone who went through this situation and got positive outcome?? please advise.

or  anyone have any suggestion how to deal with this problem. 

Any advice will be appreciable

Thanks

1 hour ago, Arajs said:

Hi Everyone

I am preparing documents for 887 visa. but i have one problem, i am unable to get my lease agreement for first 10 months from my landlord as he is ignoring my request to provide one. well it was share house so we didn,t even have any bills on our name.

I have few letters, bank statements, payslips, vehicle rego and tax advice addressing the place, and also have online rent transfer details.

well, is there anyone who went through this situation and got positive outcome?? please advise.

or  anyone have any suggestion how to deal with this problem. 

Any advice will be appreciable

Thanks

The bank statements, payslips and vehicle rego will be enough proof to show your residency. As long as these documents have the first 10 months address on it there will be no problem. You can also show the address proof with a combination of these three documents, example as first three months bank statements, next 6 months payslips etc. The negative side is that the case officer need to check more documents and so take little bit extra time. Make sure you do the certified copy and then upload to the online system.

Only 10 people are working for 887 visa and they are getting applications from all over the Australia. I guess out of 10, 2 or 3 people are/will go on the holiday or take the work off so the rest working people are 6 to 7 and that too 9 am to 4 pm working hours Monday to Friday including the break. Now, if there are no required documents or provided less or more documents available or have the all documents but the case offer couldn't identify in these cases I guess they even don't want to look at it and request the same or further documents. I have seen so many posts here about requesting the document which has already uploaded on to the system. Make sure you write the appropriate name of the file when you upload to the system so that the case offer can identify it properly.

Good Luck.      

14 hours ago, Ashraf said:

489 are not eligible for medicare unless if you have lodged the 887 visa and got the acknowledgement letter go to centrelink they will process the application for medicare and issue you the interim medicare card which will cover everything ...once you get your 887 grant they will automatically send you the permenant green color medicare card....

489 visa holders are not eligible for medicare. The positive side is they don't need to pay the medicare levy at the end of financial year. Once applied 887 visa you are eligible for medicare, they will issue the interim card with the full benefit as like other Australian people have it however it is valid only for 1 year. If you don't get visa decision in 1 year then they extend the period until the decision made for 887 visa application. The down side is now you have to pay the medicare levy regardless you use it or not. Nothing is free in Australia, specifically the "health system".  

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, did anyone here get his 887 with only providing AFP clearance? Or its a mandatory to provide a Police clearance from our home countries too.

For example, i havent been to my home country since i arrived to Australia 2 years ago. Do i still have to provide a police clearance certificate from my home country while applying for the 887?

Thanks guys

HI Kamolli,

I did not submit my Overseas Police clearance and got the 887. I only provided AFP as even I was in the same boat and hadn't travelled.

However if you are looking for a direct grant it is always recommended to submit the overseas clearance too, as it is totally upon the descretion of the case officer to demand it or not.

Regards

2 hours ago, Kamolli said:

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, did anyone here get his 887 with only providing AFP clearance? Or its a mandatory to provide a Police clearance from our home countries too.

For example, i havent been to my home country since i arrived to Australia 2 years ago. Do i still have to provide a police clearance certificate from my home country while applying for the 887?

Thanks guys

1 minute ago, Razor said:

HI Kamolli,

I did not submit my Overseas Police clearance and got the 887. I only provided AFP as even I was in the same boat and hadn't travelled.

However if you are looking for a direct grant it is always recommended to submit the overseas clearance too, as it is totally upon the descretion of the case officer to demand it or not.

Regards

Thanks Razor,

When did you submit your application? It is really confusing, cause i heard of some cases  who needed overseas Police clearance, and others who got their PR with only the AFP

1 hour ago, Kamolli said:

Thanks Razor,

When did you submit your application? It is really confusing, cause i heard of some cases  who needed overseas Police clearance, and others who got their PR with only the AFP

I had submitted my application in May 2016 and Received a Grant in May 2017, Just a few days left to complete the year.

Yes it is confusing because it is on the discretion of the CO. But as recommended if you want a direct grant, always submit as many documents as possible, which includes overseas Police Clearance.

2 minutes ago, Razor said:

I had submitted my application in May 2016 and Received a Grant in May 2017, Just a few days left to complete the year.

Yes it is confusing because it is on the discretion of the CO. But as recommended if you want a direct grant, always submit as many documents as possible, which includes overseas Police Clearance.

Thanks mate :)

22 hours ago, NewGuest said:

Hi,

I got the golden email today.

Applied on 10 Feb 2017

Skilled support asked clarification for employment gap and education history

887 Granted: 28-June-2017

Cheers

Congratulations for the grant,

I want to ask you something,

What is "The employment gap" ?

It means you were not worked for any period of time ?

On 28/06/2017 at 9:43 PM, Kamolli said:

Congrats mate :)

Why do you think the CO asked for that? and what did you provide? :)

Thank you.

It was not case officer. It was from skilled support team who does administration work for officers.

In the form 80, in employment section, we must indicate how we have been financially supported since DOB. I just mentioned history of my employment not unemployment. For example,I should have started from DOB to 6YO; from date of primary school to date of high school; from date of high school to date of diploma, then university, etc...... 

Actually in this section we indicate all employment and education history.

I also had a gap between my last education and first employment and I updated it and mentioned that I was financially supported by my father. Its important for them to know how we were financially supported during our unemployment period. 

They just attached to tables in pdf asking educational and employment history without any gap.

Regards

1 hour ago, May3rd said:

Any grants today?

Hi mates!

I got my direct grant today!!!

I applied on 16th of March.

This forum helped me a lot - I filled out the 1023 form asking to remove my parents from application in order not to pass medical assessment for them.

good luck everyone!

1 hour ago, Jany said:

Hi mates!

I got my direct grant today!!!

I applied on 16th of March.

This forum helped me a lot - I filled out the 1023 form asking to remove my parents from application in order not to pass medical assessment for them.

good luck everyone!

Congratulations.