887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, Sharky said:

Hi alexoir,

Finally, i received my daughter’s 489 grant letter today. Now I can arrange her health examination for visa 887 in advance... Really really appreciate your help! And all the best wishes!

Hi Sharky,

Congrats on your daughter's grant. I'm happy for you mate. Unfortunately, you can't generate a HAP ID for your daughter under the 887. Only your assigned CO can do that for you and that will be about 3-4 months (according to current trend) after you have submitted your application. If you have met the 2 years residency and 1 year working experience, then I suggest you submit your application asap and upload all adequate docs you currently have. When your utility bill becomes available in March, then you can just upload it. If you apply now, it is likely you might not be assigned a CO until May/June and that CO might request for medicals for your daughter. Another month or two of waiting. The earlier you submit your application, the better. Otherwise you might be looking at next year.

6 hours ago, alexoir said:

Hi Sharky,

Congrats on your daughter's grant. I'm happy for you mate. Unfortunately, you can't generate a HAP ID for your daughter under the 887. Only your assigned CO can do that for you and that will be about 3-4 months (according to current trend) after you have submitted your application. If you have met the 2 years residency and 1 year working experience, then I suggest you submit your application asap and upload all adequate docs you currently have. When your utility bill becomes available in March, then you can just upload it. If you apply now, it is likely you might not be assigned a CO until May/June and that CO might request for medicals for your daughter. Another month or two of waiting. The earlier you submit your application, the better. Otherwise you might be looking at next year.

Hi alexoir, many thanks for your suggestion!

I understand the medicals for my daughter is inevitable, and I got the information from HeyMate that I could finish it before I lodged the 887application. I think this costs much less time than leaving it to CO.

The other concern why I’d like to do it in March is that I spent the first 2 months with a local family via Airbnb. Unfortunately, I don’t have any utility bill as proof for the period. But I can get all the solid proof in early March.I don’t want to make any uncertainty, so I might as well give up the first 2 months.

Take both of them into account, I think early March might be suitable...:)

Thanks again and all the best wishes!

45 minutes ago, Sharky said:

Hi alexoir, many thanks for your suggestion!

I understand the medicals for my daughter is inevitable, and I got the information from HeyMate that I could finish it before I lodged the 887application. I think this costs much less time than leaving it to CO.

The other concern why I’d like to do it in March is that I spent the first 2 months with a local family via Airbnb. Unfortunately, I don’t have any utility bill as proof for the period. But I can get all the solid proof in early March.I don’t want to make any uncertainty, so I might as well give up the first 2 months.

Take both of them into account, I think early March might be suitable...:)

Thanks again and all the best wishes!

Hi Sharky,

You are right, you can do your daughter's medical in advance as I did for my daughter.

Just a question, don't you have my proof like emails/booking confirmation with start date/payment receipts for your AIR BnB stay? Or can you get a letter from them even email from Air BnB to prove? Sorry, just out of curiosity. Because I also know the pain of waiting :) .

17 hours ago, Bunny said:

HeyMate

Are you sure it's Tony Burke? I remember last time during the citizenship changes discussions, one of my colleagues lodged a complaint to Peter Dutton, the minister of Home Affairs. He asked me too to do a complaint. I saw in Home affairs website also we can lodge complaints online, but don't know how long they take to read those. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions/visa-citizenship-service

yes, you are right, Tony is not the right person. Today got a msg back saying they will not be able to help.

Hi 

I've applied 887 on 20/6/17 onshore, my wife and kids were out of Australia since then, CO asked me to bring my wife and kids to onshore, they are here since Nov 2017, but no news for visa grant yet, anyone can advise me how long it might take? My co Sophorn C, thanks

I have also informed by Immigration which says " no medical is required"

Edited by WOHAB

20 minutes ago, WOHAB said:

Hi 

I've applied 887 on 20/6/17 onshore, my wife and kids were out of Australia since then, CO asked me to bring my wife and kids to onshore, they are here since Nov 2017, but no news for visa grant yet, anyone can advise me how long it might take? My co Sophorn C, thanks

I have also informed by Immigration which says " no medical is required"

You should have informed CO once they become onshore. Did you inform CO 

• Thanks 1