887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Last time they updated the visa 887 Processing time to 8-10 month was on the 16th Feb, is it done monthly? will it be updated tomorrow? i hope it goes down 

They usually update by the beginning of the 3rd week of the month.. thats what I have observed.. no fixed date though.. I have also being checking it daily to see if there is any update.. [emoji16] hopefully by mid next week they will update timelines for last month

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Hi 

I am silent reader for long time. I went overseas for 43 days first year and didn’t go anywhere second year. Two year finished on 21 April should I wait another 43 days after 21 April or lodge on exact 22 April. If anyone had experience regarding this matter please help me out. I might save 40 days with the help of someone. Thanks

40 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Hi 

I am silent reader for long time. I went overseas for 43 days first year and didn’t go anywhere second year. Two year finished on 21 April should I wait another 43 days after 21 April or lodge on exact 22 April. If anyone had experience regarding this matter please help me out. I might save 40 days with the help of someone. Thanks

I think it's better to wait additional 40 days and then apply for 887

• Like 1

1 hour ago, su89 said:

They usually update by the beginning of the 3rd week of the month.. thats what I have observed.. no fixed date though.. I have also being checking it daily to see if there is any update.. emoji16.png hopefully by mid next week they will update timelines for last month

Also, they were supposed to update GSM allocation dates page in early February(page mentioned that) & nothing yet :D

50 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Hi 

Hi Ricky,
Do not put yourself at risk by applying next day after completing 2 years. Wait atleast 15 - 20 days then apply. I read here people getting Direct grant with max 28 days overseas in 2 year time frame. 

Good Luck in your process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

Hi Ricky,
Do not put yourself at risk by applying next day after completing 2 years. Wait atleast 15 - 20 days then apply. I read here people getting Direct grant with max 28 days overseas in 2 year time frame. 

Good Luck in your process.

Thanks for your suggestion mate.

Hi Everyone, 

I have a problem regarding police reports. I have applied police report from Sri Lanka Police for 489 visa lodgement in 2015. Police report issued on 3/4/2015 and it covers from BIRTH to 11/3/2015.

I lodged my 489 visa on 9/4/2015 and 489 visa granted on 6/7/2015. We came to Australia on 6/11/2015. 

I lodged my 887 visa on 8th November 2017. I attached the above police report which issued from Sri Lanka police in 2015 along with the Federal Police Report from Australia for the period of 2 years in Australia.

Now I am worrying about attaching the expired Sri Lankan Police report. I don't have any other police report that covers for the period of 3/4/2015 to 6/11/2015 (Approximately 7 months and 3 days).

Would the CO ask for additional police report to cover that period from Sri Lanka Police? Anyway I am going to apply a new police report again. 

My 887 visa application status is "RECEIVED " yet. 

Does anyone have similar experience? What you guys reckon? 

Your replies will be appreciated and would be a great relief. 

Thanks a lot 

2 hours ago, 887_2018 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I have a problem regarding police reports. I have applied police report from Sri Lanka Police for 489 visa lodgement in 2015. Police report issued on 3/4/2015 and it covers from BIRTH to 11/3/2015.

I lodged my 489 visa on 9/4/2015 and 489 visa granted on 6/7/2015. We came to Australia on 6/11/2015. 

I lodged my 887 visa on 8th November 2017. I attached the above police report which issued from Sri Lanka police in 2015 along with the Federal Police Report from Australia for the period of 2 years in Australia.

Now I am worrying about attaching the expired Sri Lankan Police report. I don't have any other police report that covers for the period of 3/4/2015 to 6/11/2015 (Approximately 7 months and 3 days).

Would the CO ask for additional police report to cover that period from Sri Lanka Police? Anyway I am going to apply a new police report again. 

Thanks a lot 

I think you only have to upload Aus PCC. CO will request any additional PCCs if they need them. 

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks a lot 

Have you traveled back to Srilanka within these 2 years??

What I feel is you never know what they would ask. It totally depends on the CO.. best bet would be being prepared. I travelled for 2 weeks within 2 tears and I also had a gap sibce 489 police report and arrival to Australia. I applied for a new pcc from SL just to be on safe. Iam a January applicant.. so I dont know if they will ask for it or not.. but incase they ask for it that will delay the process.. my pcc from colombo nearly took 12 weeks and my partner got within 8 weeks.. so what I would suggest is just apply for it to be on the safe side. As soon as possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, su89 said:

Have you traveled back to Srilanka within these 2 years??

What I feel is you never know what they would ask. It totally depends on the CO.. best bet would be being prepared. I travelled for 2 weeks within 2 tears and I also had a gap sibce 489 police report and arrival to Australia. I applied for a new pcc from SL just to be on safe. Iam a January applicant.. so I dont know if they will ask for it or not.. but incase they ask for it that will delay the process.. my pcc from colombo nearly took 12 weeks and my partner got within 8 weeks.. so what I would suggest is just apply for it to be on the safe side. As soon as possible.

Hi Su89,

Thank you very much for your reply. Did you apply online or through embassy? I tried to apply online last night, but got some issues. Police website says that we can send the application through a relative as well. 

Which address did you provide to receive the PCC? Australian address or Relative address in Sri Lanka? 

Kindly reply me asap. 

Thanks a lot

Hi Su89,
Thank you very much for your reply. Did you apply online or through embassy? I tried to apply online last night, but got some issues. Police website says that we can send the application through a relative as well. 
Which address did you provide to receive the PCC? Australian address or Relative address in Sri Lanka? 
Kindly reply me asap. 
Thanks a lot
Thats the confusing bit.. I rang melbourne consulate and they said fine to apply online.. then I rang Canberra and they said for Immigration purposes you have to go through consulate and should have immi stamp othetwise immi want accept the pcc.. so applied via canberra high commission.. pcc does come with their stamp.. so I believe thats the way to go.. just dowload the forms from website and may be express post them with cheques and all documents.. if u have attach a copy of your old pcc.. that might make the process faster.. may be do it as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, su89 said:

Thats the confusing bit.. I rang melbourne consulate and they said fine to apply online.. then I rang Canberra and they said for Immigration purposes you have to go through consulate and should have immi stamp othetwise immi want accept the pcc.. so applied via canberra high commission.. pcc does come with their stamp.. so I believe thats the way to go.. just dowload the forms from website and may be express post them with cheques and all documents.. if u have attach a copy of your old pcc.. that might make the process faster.. may be do it as soon as possible.

Hi Su89,

Thank you very much. I will apply today asap. 

Your advice is highly appreciated ?

Hi Su89,
Thank you very much. I will apply today asap. 
Your advice is highly appreciated [emoji4]
Meanwhile just attach the old pcc for now.. fi gers crossed they will not ask for a new one.. But lets be prepared either way ! Cheers !

1 minute ago, su89 said:

Meanwhile just attach the old pcc for now.. fi gers crossed they will not ask for a new one.. But lets be prepared either way ! Cheers !

Thank you very much ?. After I came to Australia, I haven't visited Sri Lanka during last two years. I am waiting till I get my PR to visit there. 

HI all,

Just wondering how long does it take normally when you have been contacted by case officer.

My case officer contacted me on 05 march 2018 requesting additional documents.

I uploaded the documents on 14 March 2018.

what you guys think the time line is to be contacted by case officer or getting grant ?

Thanks

Sunny

Just now, sunnyabat said:

HI all,

Just wondering how long does it take normally when you have been contacted by case officer.

My case officer contacted me on 05 march 2018 requesting additional documents.

I uploaded the documents on 14 March 2018.

what you guys think the time line is to be contacted by case officer or getting grant ?

Thanks

Sunny

28 days

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 887_2018 said:

Hi SLvicky, 

Thanks for your reply. Are you a Srilankan? Did you only apply Aus PCC? Kindly let me know. Many thanks

Hi,

Yes, I only submitted Aus PCC. It's totally up to you to submit SL PCC. I stayed only 8 months in SL after I submitted my PCC for 489 visa. So, think they won't request it again. But as su89 said you never know what they request :)

1 minute ago, slvicky said:

Hi,

Yes, I only submitted Aus PCC. It's totally up to you to submit SL PCC. I stayed only 8 months in SL after I submitted my PCC for 489 visa. So, think they won't request it again. But as su89 said you never know what they request :)

Thanks for your reply. Did you apply a new SL PCC?