887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

11 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

Hi Russky, 

Do you know the address of Adelaide immigration office? I am going to apply PCC from home country. For that I need the address where Police Clearance Certificate should be addressed to....

When I applied for the PCC for my 489 visa in 2015, PCC addressed to .....

Department of immigration and border protection, level 4, 55, Currie Street, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia

is this the address that new PCC addressed to?? Kindly reply me. It will help me a lot ?

Hey guys,

Not 100% sure, but I think they moved - please, double check this. Now different physical address: ADELAIDE OFFICE: 70 Franklin Street Adelaide SA 5000. But, postal address is the same: POSTAL:GPO Box 2399 Adelaide SA 5001. Use postal one??? 

Maybe, ask for a copy of PCC to be sent to you also?   This way, one paper copy will go to immigration, and one paper copy to you. You can scan it and email to immigration, solid case! :)Just a suggestion...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hey guys,

Not 100% sure, but I think they moved - please, double check this. Now different physical address: ADELAIDE OFFICE: 70 Franklin Street Adelaide SA 5000. But, postal address is the same: POSTAL:GPO Box 2399 Adelaide SA 5001. Use postal one??? 

Maybe, ask for a copy of PCC to be sent to you also?   This way, one paper copy will go to immigration, and one paper copy to you. You can scan it and email to immigration, solid case! :)Just a suggestion...

Thanks for the suggestion mate. Appreciated ?

Hello everyone,

I am a new user on this forum. I have following question regarding two years proof of residency.

I am on 489 skilled regional visa sponsored by Orana region, but i got release letter and moved to Bathurst NSW which comes in regional area. I have lived there for 8 months but could not find full time work nor two part time jobs consist of minimum of 35 hrs per week. Due to this, i have moved here in Adelaide SA and found full time job.  I have got 489 visa on 25th Nov 2015 but i moved to regional area from 19th Feb 2016. Therefore, my two years of residency have finished already on 19th feb 2018 but i did not apply 887 visa because i have traveled overseas twice in these two years period of time. I spent 8 weeks in 2016 and 6 weeks in 2017. 

I have heard 4 weeks holiday will be counted towards 2 years period and more than that would not be counted and have to complete those weeks. This is why i did not lodge 887 visa on 19th feb 2018 and planned to stay another 6 weeks before i apply. Do you guys think or suggest that would be fine or should i wait another 2 months?

Another question is, i am primary applicant and i do have my and partner name on the first property of lease but do not have my name on lease in second residency which is in adelaide. My partner has name on it and she asked real estate agent to provide rental reference letter and includes his name on it but they refused to provide any documents other than lease. Do you guys think or suggest Statutory declaration signed by my partner would be good enough to demonstrate that i am living on this property?

Looking forward for your responses.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Vayani said:

Hello everyone,

I am a new user on this forum. I have following question regarding two years proof of residency.

I am on 489 skilled regional visa sponsored by Orana region, but i got release letter and moved to Bathurst NSW which comes in regional area. I have lived there for 8 months but could not find full time work nor two part time jobs consist of minimum of 35 hrs per week. Due to this, i have moved here in Adelaide SA and found full time job.  I have got 489 visa on 25th Nov 2015 but i moved to regional area from 19th Feb 2016. Therefore, my two years of residency have finished already on 19th feb 2018 but i did not apply 887 visa because i have traveled overseas twice in these two years period of time. I spent 8 weeks in 2016 and 6 weeks in 2017. 

I have heard 4 weeks holiday will be counted towards 2 years period and more than that would not be counted and have to complete those weeks. This is why i did not lodge 887 visa on 19th feb 2018 and planned to stay another 6 weeks before i apply. Do you guys think or suggest that would be fine or should i wait another 2 months?

Another question is, i am primary applicant and i do have my and partner name on the first property of lease but do not have my name on lease in second residency which is in adelaide. My partner has name on it and she asked real estate agent to provide rental reference letter and includes his name on it but they refused to provide any documents other than lease. Do you guys think or suggest Statutory declaration signed by my partner would be good enough to demonstrate that i am living on this property?

Thanks

I think the rule was 3 weeks in first year and another 3 weeks in second year. So it can't be 6 week in one go. If you spend more then 3 weeks in one year, I would say you should stay longer to make it even to 730 days. It may depends on the case officer. I have contacted a 887 lawyer via email and his response. 

Hi xxxxx-

Thanks for the note. I can't comment on your eligibility without seeing your documentation at a consultation, however generally speaking the there is a policy allowance of 3 weeks per year for an applicant to be outside Australia on vacation, etc while still maintaining a residence in Australia, and the 3 weeks per year is not deducted from the living in Australia time - ie, it's counted as time in Australia for purposes of the requirement of the 887 visa to live in the designated area for 2 years while holding the 489.

Now its up to you, but think twice before you do anything silly at this stage. You may lodge your 887 without cover up your holidays if you are lucky you will be alright if not after 4 months when you case officer got allocated may ask you to stay back and fill up those days. So you have to apply again, to be safe side I would recommend you to cover up your holidays. Anyways all the best let us know your updates once you apply.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vayani said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks

If you already worked for one year on full time basis contract, you have annual paid leave for 4 weeks. If you use it for 4 weeks overseas holiday, you still can count it for 2 years residency in regional area. But if you are worked on casual basis and therefore don't have accumulation of annual leave, you need to stay more.

Hello 

I’ve a question regarding holidays.

In my two years stay in the  regional area, I went overseas for 30 days in the first year and I didn’t go anywhere in the second year.

Can I apply for 887 exactly after two years or do I need to compensate?

Thanks 

I understand that i have 4 weeks annual holiday as per full time job. However, i did not have any job when i visited overseas in 2016 for 8 weeks so my question is should i cover up 8 weeks or 4 weeks for that period?

In 2017 year, i had full time job but had 2 weeks accrual only. i spent 6 weeks overseas this year, so should i cover up 6 weeks or 2 weeks only?

I was eligible on 19th Feb 2018 however i did not lodge it yet as i have plan to lodge 887 on 02 Apr 2018 by staying 6 weeks more (42 days) for make up time (4 weeks extra for 2016 year and 2 weeks extra for 2017 year). So what you reckon it should be fine or i should wait till the end of April 2018? It is quite confusing and hard to sure how much time should we spend more in order to make up 2 years. Its not even mention on any website how many weeks of holiday would be considered. 

If 3 weeks rules apply on this, then it means i have spent 5 weeks more in 2016 and 3 weeks more in 2017 so it would be 8 weeks (56 days) more? 

Another question which i have raised on my earlier post, i do not have my name on lease on my second address and real estate agent are not even providing reference letter of tenancy. We have our names on first address and also have our names on gas and electricity bills. So, i was thinking statutory declaration form which my partner can sign stated that i am living with on this property since this date to current (witnessed by JP), that should be fine you reckon for proof of residency of second address?

Looking forward for your response.

3 minutes ago, Vayani said:

I understand that i have 4 weeks annual holiday as per full time job. However, i did not have any job when i visited overseas in 2016 for 8 weeks so my question is should i cover up 8 weeks or 4 weeks for that period?

In 2017 year, i had full time job but had 2 weeks accrual only. i spent 6 weeks overseas this year, so should i cover up 6 weeks or 2 weeks only?

I was eligible on 19th Feb 2018 however i did not lodge it yet as i have plan to lodge 887 on 02 Apr 2018 by staying 6 weeks more (42 days) for make up time (4 weeks extra for 2016 year and 2 weeks extra for 2017 year). So what you reckon it should be fine or i should wait till the end of April 2018? It is quite confusing and hard to sure how much time should we spend more in order to make up 2 years. Its not even mention on any website how many weeks of holiday would be considered. 

If 3 weeks rules apply on this, then it means i have spent 5 weeks more in 2016 and 3 weeks more in 2017 so it would be 8 weeks (56 days) more? 

Another question which i have raised on my earlier post, i do not have my name on lease on my second address and real estate agent are not even providing reference letter of tenancy. We have our names on first address and also have our names on gas and electricity bills. So, i was thinking statutory declaration form which my partner can sign stated that i am living with on this property since this date to current (witnessed by JP), that should be fine you reckon for proof of residency of second address?

I understand your scenario, for holiday I will stick to 3 week rules. That means you have to stay extra 8 weeks to be on safe side. For tenancy reference letter I would say gather as many documents as you can. Like bank statement, electricity bills, utility bills, Driving licence, Tax assessment papers, along with a reference letter. well thats gonna be enough for me but case officer may have different opinion. If you are still confused seek help from 887 lawyer. You might have to pay for the consultation fee but it will save you more in future.    

55 minutes ago, T04 said:

Hello 

I’ve a question regarding holidays.

In my two years stay in the  regional area, I went overseas for 30 days in the first year and I didn’t go anywhere in the second year.

Can I apply for 887 exactly after two years or do I need to compensate?

Thanks 

It's better to wait additional 30days and apply

Thanks Maxzone for your quick response in regards to my queries.

I will wait more and will lodge 887 application on 15th april 2018 instead of 02 April 2018 in order to complete 56 days ( 8 weeks period of time) rather than 42 days, as per 3 weeks holiday rule each year.

I have already gathered documents for proof of residency where my name mention such as bank statement, utility bills, notice of tax assessment, mobile phone bills, home phone and internet bills except lease agreement which is on my partner name in my second address. To complete lease document, i will go for statutory declaration just in case if visa officer might ask for it. 

Thanks again for your all advise :)

• Like 2

Maxzone,

Do you have any idea in regards to that if any applicant of 887 visa application wants to travel overseas after lodging 887 visa but subsequent visa 489 is valid as bridging visa after lodging 887 will not come to effect. so, applicants must have to inform Case officer if allocated? Generally Case officer does not allocate until minimum of 3 or 4 months so how applicant can inform immigration department before traveling overseas?

3 minutes ago, Vayani said:

Maxzone,

Do you have any idea in regards to that if any applicant of 887 visa application wants to travel overseas after lodging 887 visa but subsequent visa 489 is valid as bridging visa after lodging 887 will not come to effect. so, applicants must have to inform Case officer if allocated? Generally Case officer does not allocate until minimum of 3 or 4 months so how applicant can inform immigration department before traveling overseas?

I am pretty sure that you can travel overseas during your 887 application. I am not sure how can you contact immigration unless a case officer is allocated. I would say call immigration on next week ask them the same question. I think they can provide you a good solution. Sorry man I haven't applied for 887 yet. I will do it after 7 months. You can wait until someone else reply on this forum. 

51 minutes ago, Vayani said:

It is better to lodge it after you come back from overseas if your 489 visa is still valid   

2 hours ago, Vayani said:

Maxzone,

you can travel overseas after you have applied 887 but you'd need to inform department either calling them or sending an email (  adelaide.gsm.team10@border.gov.au ) mentioning your travel dates.if you follow this forum you will have an idea when your file will be assessed. If you can avoid any travels closer to allocation date would be good as they won't make any decision until you are back. 

• Like 2

On 17/03/2018 at 11:56 PM, Vayani said:

Hi mate 

I am in same confusion. I went overseas first year for 43 days and didn’t go anywhere second year. I am scratching my head of thinking ? should I wait 43 days from due date( compensate all days) or apply after 22 days from due date as follow 3 weeks holiday rule.So much confusing let me know buddy if you find something regarding this issue. Thanks 

• Like 1