887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi guys,

I have been a silent follower of this discussion.

I have applied for my 887 visa, for my wife and me, on 4th of November 2018. The status still shows as received. I have a couple of questions which I need help with.

1. I had added my parents name in "Non-Accompanying members of my family unit". Is that correct or should I change it to "Other Family members". If I do need to change it, what reason should I specify in the "reason for incorrect answer" part of the correction form?

2. In the section where it asks for uploading photographs I had accidentally uploaded my passport scan instead. I corrected that by uploading the photographs again but do I need to update them of the correction? (since the previously uploaded passport scans are still in the system)

I would just like to get my application correct, noting that the COs have contacted people who have applied in mid October, means I am not far off.

Your suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

3 minutes ago, Puneet said:

Hi guys,

I have applied for my 887 visa, for my wife and me, on 4th of November 2018. The status still shows as received. I have a couple of questions which I need help with.

1. I had added my parents name in "Non-Accompanying members of my family unit". Is that correct or should I change it to "Other Family members". If I do need to change it, what reason should I specify in the "reason for incorrect answer" part of the correction form?

2. In the section where it asks for uploading photographs I had accidentally uploaded my passport scan instead. I corrected that by uploading the photographs again but do I need to update them of the correction? (since the previously uploaded passport scans are still in the system)

I would just like to get my application correct, noting that the COs have contacted people who have applied in mid October, means I am not far off.

I hope you meant 4th November 2017 :)

1. Your parents are not a part of your family. So, better submit incorrect answers to remove them. I did the same mistake & already submitted incorrect answers

2. I think you should be fine. No need to update them

4 minutes ago, Puneet said:

Hi guys,

The reason I gave for mine was "INCORRECT CLASSIFICATION"and they did the correction

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puneet said:

Hi guys,

1.I too included my brother and mother detail because it was included in selection list of items.I m not going to change as it is understandable in Form 80.

2.Name the photo as updated followed by name.It should not be a issue, I believe. 

1 minute ago, NAVNAL said:

Hi 

I Have applied on 22/10/17 .........still waiting,  status is received  .........frustrating ..................checking Email,  Immi account and forum every hour since 2 months. 

Yesterday we had few members contacted who applied on mid Oct. So, You should hear something during next week :)

Hi 
I Have applied on 22/10/17 .........still waiting,  status is received  .........frustrating ..................checking Email,  Immi account and forum every hour since 2 months. 

You will definitely hear something before the end of this month [emoji4]. I can understand how frustrating it is. But eventually you can be happy [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

But I submitted old PCC and FPC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is submitting old PCC we got for 489 is enough? or do we need to get a new one to cover missing periods?

For instance, I got my old PCC up to Feb 2015 & I left the country in Nov 2015. So, over 9 months isn't covered by that old PCC. Will CO request a new one? I'm planning to apply for a new one this week. 

Edited by slvicky
additional information

I did not submit the old one because we do need to do so if we have not travelled for more than three months. In my case, i don't know why they checked the old one with new one. Why because i have given an affidavit for all the documents submitted for 489. That was a separate issue. They accepted the affidavit. Now this time AFP has the correct name on it. 

4 hours ago, RCBC said:

I got an email saying that my wife's name is different in two police certificates. AFP and PCC (from mother country) given to them in two years back before we come to Australia. With that PCC we have given an affidavit as well. What should i do for this? 

Hi RCBC,

Sorry, when did the immigration contact you? Was it today, 22/03/2018? It's just I have noticed in the spreadsheet you put 22/10/2017, possibly mistake? :) 

hi guys,

i have apply 887 via on 07/11/2017. i have put my parents as non accompanying family unit and as now i understood this details comes under other family unit so   first i have to fill form 1023 right ? 

my query  is where  i have to submit this form in my immiaccount under other details or any particulate mail id for that ? 

please guide me ..

19 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi RCBC,

Sorry, when did the immigration contact you? Was it today, 22/03/2018? It's just I have noticed in the spreadsheet you put 22/10/2017, possibly mistake? :) 

Russki, when do you recon you get your visa? It has been a while now.

1 minute ago, DEV said:

hi guys,

i have apply 887 via on 07/11/2017. i have put my parents as non accompanying family unit and as now i understood this details comes under other family unit so   first i have to fill form 1023 right ? 

my query  is where  i have to submit this form in my immiaccount under other details or any particulate mail id for that ? 

please guide me ..

You can do it from your immi account Update Us option

11 minutes ago, Kate said:

Russki, when do you recon you get your visa? It has been a while now.

I am not sure, it would be nice to get it towards the end of March, beginning of April, but I am not holding my breath. :) 

I noticed, there is a pattern as to how COs pick up "fresh" files, but no system or order to the second-timers queue. So all we can do is wait and try not to go maaaaaaad!!! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1