887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Guys ,

I am Sundhar, new to this forum. I have applied 887 visa on 24.09.17 . Still Waiting for CO. don't know when that happens!!! Attached all the documents includes PCC. But got 489 grant letter for my new born daughter on 12.02.18. in which her application  was added on the same day via change in circumstances after we lodge our 887 application .  (We are 4, me ,my wife, 8years old son and  new born Daughter). Waiting this looong is frustrating. 

1 hour ago, 887_2018 said:

Hi Russki, 

I have seen this on the website. But I didn't consider it much, because there's a friend of mine who got 887 visa grant without doing IELTS again for his wife. Same situation like mine. So, I thought this would not be an issue.

But now, for the safe side, I must be prepared. I seen following on the website.

""

• Completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.

"""""

My wife has completed 3 year full time course in English language and she has got diploma certificate and a letter. Shall I upload it ?

Because doing IELTS again is bit stressful process and takes time too ☹️

Fantastic!!!!!  :D Answer to your problem!  Yes,  of course,  upload this as a proof of functional English. Done!  

2 hours ago, Sundhar said:

Hi Guys ,

I am Sundhar, new to this forum. I have applied 887 visa on 24.09.17 . Still Waiting for CO. don't know when that happens!!! Attached all the documents includes PCC. But got 489 grant letter for my new born daughter on 12.02.18. in which her application  was added on the same day via change in circumstances after we lodge our 887 application .  (We are 4, me ,my wife, 8years old son and  new born Daughter). Waiting this looong is frustrating. 

Hi sundhar, 

I am in same situation. 

My daughter born in August and I applied 887 on 22/09. I attached form 1436 with my 887 application at same time. On 02/feb my daughter added in my immi and grant for 489 visa. And since that I am waiting for medical request or direct visa grant. Can you please explain your situation. 

Also can you tell me did you pay any visa fees to add newborn? I know it's free but when your newborn born after 887 applied. 

I think your daughter born before you apply 887. Same as my case. 

Thanks 

Edited by Tsep

2 hours ago, su89 said:

Yes that works.. I know because I used my degree for 489 visa ( I was a dependant for that visa not main applicant) So degree or diploma in Englisb medium will meet the requirement. I uploaded the transcript and a lettet from the uni that states the medium of instruction was English.. that does meet the requirement.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Thanks friend. It's a relief to me

3 hours ago, alexoir said:

Hi 887,

When we were applying for 489, my wife didn't have to write IELTS because she used her first degree which was studied entirely in English. We have done the same for 887. Your wife's 3 year full time course in English should meet the functional English requirement. You may choose to add a cover letter explaining how your wife meets the functional English requirement.

Thanks friend. It's a relief to me

Hello guys,

I've a situation like this - I got 489 visa on first week of December, 2015 applied from Dubai and left Dubai in the mid of March, 2016. Then I went back to my home country and stayed there for a month. I came to Australia in the mid of April, 2016.

I'm going to complete my 2 years stay in the next month. And I did't go back to Dubai since I came here in Australia in the last 2 years.

Will the DIBP ask for the police clearance from Dubai again ?

If anyone having the same situation please share this.

Thanks

3 hours ago, T04 said:

Hello guys,

I've a situation like this - I got 489 visa on first week of December, 2015 applied from Dubai and left Dubai in the mid of March, 2016. Then I went back to my home country and stayed there for a month. I came to Australia in the mid of April, 2016.

I'm going to complete my 2 years stay in the next month. And I did't go back to Dubai since I came here in Australia in the last 2 years.

Will the DIBP ask for the police clearance from Dubai again ?

If anyone having the same situation please share this.

Thanks

Did you submit UAE PCC for your 489 visa application?

I think since you stayed around 3 months after your grant they may ask for another UAE PCC. I think you better apply for a UAE PCC now since you have time. Because it takes minimum 3 months to get that PCC

4 hours ago, slvicky said:

Did you submit UAE PCC for your 489 visa application?

I think since you stayed around 3 months after your grant they may ask for another UAE PCC. I think you better apply for a UAE PCC now since you have time. Because it takes minimum 3 months to get that PCC

Hi slvicky,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I submitted UAE PCC for 489.

But I don’t know how to apply for UAE PCC from here.

Hi guys

Quick question please as I mentioned earlier that we are waiting for 887 visa and co not allocated yet. I hav nt met my family it's been 2.5 year, I am on bridging visa now.  Can I sponser my family on tourist visa is it going to help or they need to apply for independent tourist visa(mom dad brother )? It's okay if I wonder my parents on bridging visa?

Thanks 

Hi guys
Quick question please as I mentioned earlier that we are waiting for 887 visa and co not allocated yet. I hav nt met my family it's been 2.5 year, I am on bridging visa now.  Can I sponser my family on tourist visa is it going to help or they need to apply for independent tourist visa(mom dad brother )? It's okay if I wonder my parents on bridging visa?
Thanks 
Hi kaur,

Yes you can sponsor, Im on bringing visa now. I sponsored my parents and they got the visa within weeks time.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Hi kaur,

Yes you can sponsor, Im on bringing visa now. I sponsored my parents and they got the visa within weeks time.

Hi kaur,

Here sponsor means, apply for independent tourist visa for all 3 and attach your

Invitation letter
Your bank statements
Your passport
Your tax assessments
Your lease agreement

Make sure you have enough money in your account savings.

DO NOT APPLY FOR SPONSOR STREAM. APPLY FOR TOURIST VISA Visiting family and friends and attach all the above documents along with the applicant documents. If there are 3 applicants then you need to create 3 separate applications and you can create from your immi account itself.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tsep said:

Hi sundhar, 

I am in same situation. 

My daughter born in August and I applied 887 on 22/09. I attached form 1436 with my 887 application at same time. On 02/feb my daughter added in my immi and grant for 489 visa. And since that I am waiting for medical request or direct visa grant. Can you please explain your situation. 

Also can you tell me did you pay any visa fees to add newborn? I know it's free but when your newborn born after 887 applied. 

I think your daughter born before you apply 887. Same as my case. 

Thanks 

Hi Mate,

My daughter born in July 27th and we have not paid any fee. Just waiting like you. almost 6 months passed now and still the status is Received.

Thanks,

Sundhar 

35 minutes ago, Sundhar said:

Hi Mate,

My daughter born in July 27th and we have not paid any fee. Just waiting like you. almost 6 months passed now and still the status is Received.

Thanks,

Sundhar 

Hi, so that means, you notify immigration by fill-up 1436 form with your 887 visa application? 

4 hours ago, T04 said:

Hi slvicky,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I submitted UAE PCC for 489.

But I don’t know how to apply for UAE PCC from here.

Contact uae consulate or embassy. They'll email the application form and required steps to you. I contacted Melbourne consulate. If you have a clear copy of your Emirates ID then you don't need to do finger print verification.

1 minute ago, slvicky said:

Contact uae consulate or embassy. They'll email the application form and required steps to you. I contacted Melbourne consulate. If you have a clear copy of your Emirates ID then you don't need to do finger print verification.

Thank you so much

5 hours ago, deftown said:

Hi kaur,

Here sponsor means, apply for independent tourist visa for all 3 and attach your

Invitation letter
Your bank statements
Your passport
Your tax assessments
Your lease agreement

DO NOT APPLY FOR SPONSOR STREAM. APPLY FOR TOURIST VISA Visiting family and friends and attach all the above documents along with the applicant documents. If there are 3 applicants then you need to create 3 separate applications and you can create from your immi account itself.

Thank you dear sharing your experience that's a big relief

• Like 2

On 3/25/2018 at 8:40 AM, deftown said:

Hi kaur,

Invitation letter
Your bank statements
Your passport
Your tax assessments
Your lease agreement

Hi Mate,

Here what's invitation letter means?

19 hours ago, Wali said:

For some reason this month is really slow compare to of last month .Its really scary and frustrating.Don"t know Whats coming in future.Wish everyone will get their  result soon.

This is just my opinion, so take it with "a grain of salt",the reason might be that the government was proposing some changes to make all permanent visas have the same provisional process as 489/887 and reduce all visa classes to just 10 classes, so maybe they might be doing some kind of an audit. Just my thoughts. read more on this link   http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/visa-reform/policy-consultation-paper

• Like 3

Hi Mate,
Here what's invitation letter means?
Invitation letter is prepared by you in plain paper addressing to the Australian embassy in your home country. Subject: applicant name and passport number. Body of the message stating your relationship with the applicant and what visa are you in Australia, what is the relationship with the applicant, what's the purpose for the applicant to visit, whether you can accommodate the applicant during their stay and taking care of their expenses during their stay, etc

You need to prepare invitation letter for each and every invidual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, house said:

This is just my opinion, so take it with "a grain of salt",the reason might be that the government was proposing some changes to make all permanent visas have the same provisional process as 489/887 and reduce all visa classes to just 10 classes, so maybe they might be doing some kind of an audit. Just my thoughts. read more on this link   http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/visa-reform/policy-consultation-paper

Hi house, this is very interesting! Quite possibly can be the case. I also heard on the grapevine that generally visa processing slows down towards the end of financial year. :) Not sure why would this be, they may have some capping arrangement... Just another guess. :) 

• Like 1