887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

16 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Hi Russki, same situation. Applied  22/09 with new born and 02/feb new born grant 489 . I am waiting for medical request or grant directly hopefully. Can you let me know when  Easter holidays start and finish? 

No problem, it starts next Friday (day off) and goes till Tuesday after (so Tuesday 3rd April is back to work day).

Yes, all members with newborns are having some hassle with medicals and adding babies to their visa applications. But it seems you have it all under control now. Good luck for next week, hope our grants finally come! :):) 

38 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Hey Mohamed,

The are 2 private companies that can fast track PCC's from the Middle East and takes between 10 and 15 days from Kuwait and you don't have to redo the fingerprints. The companies are 1. Qatar Help Line Group check www.qatarhelplinegroup.com or 2. Best Line Legal check http://bestlinelegal.com/

It may be more expensive but quick. The reason are know is because I lived in Kuwait for quite some time and will be applying for my 887 in November and was worried about getting updated PCC's from Kuwait

Good luck

Thanks mate, I have spoken with them and they will send me the details via emails, however I am going to wait for the CO to come back to me and then see how it goes

Hi guys,

I'm Sahil (created new account as with last account, I was unable to post anything for last 4-5 days.) 

I have applied 887 on 24/Sep/2017.

Case officer assigned on 06/feb/2018. case officer was Adam for team 10. Asked for Form 80 and wife AFP with names before marriage and letter from her college that her studies are completed in english.

Uploaded the documents on 14/feb/2018. After submitting the docs, status come up as Assessment in progress and after few days, status changed to Futher Assessment.

Today 887 was granted to me and my wife. :)

Super Happy and Good luck to everyone !!

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Russki said:

No problem, it starts next Friday (day off) and goes till Tuesday after (so Tuesday 3rd April is back to work day).

Yes, all members with newborns are having some hassle with medicals and adding babies to their visa applications. But it seems you have it all under control now. Good luck for next week, hope our grants finally come! :):) 

Hi Russki! 

Haimu here Sahil’s wife,

finally we got the golden email. Amazing forum. Stay connected. 

We got on 23 March, 2018 and co alloted 6 feb 2018

• Like 4

Hi Russki! 
Haimu here Sahil’s wife,
Congrats!! Well... we are ending the week with a good news.. Next week I bet there will be a lot of grants.. end of the month.. So specially all second timers .. fingers crossed ! [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got another problem. I lodged my 887 visa on 8th Nov 2017. My wife's IELTS expired on 15th March 2018. 
Will CO ask her to do IELTS again? It was valid when I lodged the 887. 
Many suggestions please 
I dont think that will be an issue.. at the application date that's valied.. so I think you will be alright.

12 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

Thanks friend. Its a relief to me 

Bro, CO will ask for IELTS again. Bcz visa processing time frame is between 8 to 10 months, and they may ask for any expired documents to renew, fox example pcc, medical etcs.

It is my suggestion to re-do the IELTS again asap, as hope its very quick n easy to get 4.5.

1 hour ago, 887_2018 said:

I got another problem. I lodged my 887 visa on 8th Nov 2017. My wife's IELTS expired on 15th March 2018. 

Many suggestions please 

I think you shouldn't worry,  IELTS is not a PCC!  :) it was valid on the date of application,  it can be assumed your wife's English only improved since!  xD

4 hours ago, Haimu said:

Hi Russki! 

Haimu here Sahil’s wife,

Hey guys,  sooooo happy for you!!!  I am so glad we finished this week with a grant! Enjoy and celebrate your freedom. :) ?

4 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

Thanks Russki. I am worrying ☹️, some suggests to do IELTS again. But it takes time. 

I think you are correct ?. Thanks for the encouragement 

Yeah,  I see opinions divided for this question...  :D You may go for new IELTS for your peace of mind,  it won't hurt and may save you extra wait later...  I just think it is logical that English requirement is of different nature to PCC and medicals, so they may not be as strict on it. :) Anyway, weigh it out, see how you feel about doing a new test... 

• Like 1

Just now, Russki said:

Yeah,  I see opinions divided for this question...  :D You may go for new IELTS for your peace of mind,  it won't hurt and may save you extra wait later...  I just think it is logical that English requirement is of different nature to PCC and medicals, so they may not be as strict on it. :) Anyway, weigh it out, see how you feel about doing a new test... 

Yeah, I can understand. We should think about it

7 hours ago, aruntyagi1806 said:

Hi guys,

I applied on 20th october and still no co is assigned. Anyways i haveto travel to India for wedding in family. I have notify of same to immigration. Just curious if i can still expect CO allocation or will it happen when i get back here.

Not sure but if i am superlucky i may get directgrant.

Thanks

I applied on the same day! Hopefully we would hear them next week. :) 

12 hours ago, 887_2018 said:

Many suggestions please 

Hi,

I think, if you have completed IELTS before 12 months of visa lodgement , you will be safe. Can you correct, if I am wrong?  That's mean, IELTS result should not be older than 12 months at the time you lodge the application.

Please refer below from web site.

An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test result of an average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, listening and writing. Your test must have been completed within 12 months of visa application lodgement or can be completed during visa application processing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sak745 said:

Hi,

I think, if you have completed IELTS before 12 months of visa lodgement , you will be safe. Can you correct, if I am wrong?  That's mean, IELTS result should not be older than 12 months at the time you lodge the application.

Please refer below from web site.

An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test result of an average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, listening and writing. Your test must have been completed within 12 months of visa application lodgement or can be completed during visa application processing.

Hi, 

my wife has done IELTS exam on 15th March 2015. As I know, IELTS exam results are valid for 3 years for migration purposes. If so, her results were valid until 15th March 2018. 

But I lodged our 887 visa on 8th November 2017. Her IELTS results were valid by the time of lodgement. 

But I am unsure. Because these days COs are asking same thing even the applicants already submitted relevant documents. So far, we have came across some incidents with our forum members.

16 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

Hi, 

my wife has done IELTS exam on 15th March 2015. As I know, IELTS exam results are valid for 3 years for migration purposes. If so, her results were valid until 15th March 2018. 

But I lodged our 887 visa on 8th November 2017. Her IELTS results were valid by the time of lodgement. 

But I am unsure. Because these days COs are asking same thing even the applicants already submitted relevant documents. So far, we have came across some incidents with our forum members.

I heard for function level, IELTS result will be valid only 1 year (4.5 band score ), but don't know much.

37 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

Hi, 

Hi if you have to prove functional English then it is valid only for one year.     https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english

7 hours ago, 887_2018 said:

Hi, 

Hey 887,

I had a read on that last link and I think the answer to your question  is there:

Your test must have been completed within 12 months of visa application lodgement or can be completed during visa application processing.

It means, your Mrs best sit IELTS test asap,  I am afraid, as the one you submitted with 887 application was already expired. I think,  don't panic,  just do it quickly and attach certificate on immi account.  You only need 4.5 in each category!  :D What do you think? 

5 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hey 887,

I had a read on that last link and I think the answer to your question  is there:

Your test must have been completed within 12 months of visa application lodgement or can be completed during visa application processing.

It means, your Mrs best sit IELTS test asap,  I am afraid, as the one you submitted with 887 application was already expired. I think,  don't panic,  just do it quickly and attach certificate on immi account.  You only need 4.5 in each category!  :D What do you think? 

Hi Russki, 

I have seen this on the website. But I didn't consider it much, because there's a friend of mine who got 887 visa grant without doing IELTS again for his wife. Same situation like mine. So, I thought this would not be an issue.

But now, for the safe side, I must be prepared. I seen following on the website.

""

• Completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.

"""""

My wife has completed 3 year full time course in English language and she has got diploma certificate and a letter. Shall I upload it ?

Because doing IELTS again is bit stressful process and takes time too ☹️

46 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

Hi Russki, 

I have seen this on the website. But I didn't consider it much, because there's a friend of mine who got 887 visa grant without doing IELTS again for his wife. Same situation like mine. So, I thought this would not be an issue.

But now, for the safe side, I must be prepared. I seen following on the website.

""

• Completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.

"""""

My wife has completed 3 year full time course in English language and she has got diploma certificate and a letter. Shall I upload it ?

Because doing IELTS again is bit stressful process and takes time too ☹️

Hi 887,

When we were applying for 489, my wife didn't have to write IELTS because she used her first degree which was studied entirely in English. We have done the same for 887. Your wife's 3 year full time course in English should meet the functional English requirement. You may choose to add a cover letter explaining how your wife meets the functional English requirement.

Hi Russki, 

""

"""""

Because doing IELTS again is bit stressful process and takes time too [emoji852]️

Yes that works.. I know because I used my degree for 489 visa ( I was a dependant for that visa not main applicant) So degree or diploma in Englisb medium will meet the requirement. I uploaded the transcript and a lettet from the uni that states the medium of instruction was English.. that does meet the requirement.